Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
First of all, there's a whole lot of indies in that post that don't have the ability to sign talent.

In terms of overall opportunity, I think AEW is probably Santana's best bet. Her heel work isn't stellar but she's a really experienced person that can wrangle their core of younger talent that is improving or just needs to be carried (sorry Britt). WWE is just signing people and putting them in a closet. If they don't have anything for Candice LeRae, I can't imagine that Takeover is in the near future for anyone signed after her. Impact is better than WOH, but Santana already had a run there and they had NO IDEA what to do with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Sonya Strong, Britt Baker and Violette are dog poo poo. Good luck with that.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Shida's first run with SHIMMER was really good. Two good matches with Mia Yim, the first Evie match, Athena/Ember, mini program with Nicole Matthews and a gaga three way with Kana and Eagles

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

no karaoke bar will be left unscathed
I was about to not "not since Skater retired" but Shotzi really kills some karaoke.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Overbite posted:

So Kris Wolf was a goon at some point
You listened to her Wrestlesplania ep! She's mentioned being a goon in the past, but said she only lurked (which I think is a lie, but fair play).

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

IceAgeComing posted:

Notable that not only is there no ROH talent but there are no Americans full stop in the thing. Perhaps that says something about the quality of unsigned American talent, or Stardom's ability to find them compared to British wrestlers, or perhaps even the relationship they have with the prominent unsigned Americans or a mixture of these.
There's no shortage of American talent, you just have to know where to look.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Being in WOH and not killing anyone on the roster will do well to establish that she's not dangerously crazy, she just makes poor decisions. I think it's a net positive.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Booking Delmi in a singles match on purpose is certainly a thing you can do, I suppose.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1161924018594820096

Consider how many get called up and released on the main roster in a given year.
Who gets released? They still pay Alicia and Tamina to slop around. Maria was barely a wrestler 10 years ago and they just gave her a 5 year deal.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Auritech posted:

Yeah, the last person to actually get released was like Tenille Dashwood, the only other people to leave were all retirements. Alicia Fox gets drunk all the time and they do nothing about it.
I can't help but wonder if any feelers went out to bring her back in to some capacity or they just think her bump card is just about full and they were willing to risk her going somewhere she would've drawn any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The answer probably involves Meiko Satomura