Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Killed her with that pile driver Jesus

Fun show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

did manami toyota manage to not break her neck during her entire career?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Studere

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The manga that anime is based on is actually written by a woman for women. Age gap romance is popular among woman manga readers.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

I'd have no problem with AZM herself leaving but I want nothing to do with this "partnership", that's really just an excuse for AEW to get talent comfortable with them so they're more likely to choose them over WWE. They had or have a partnership with TJPW, and I wish they just stuck with that than Stardom getting involved with them. There no requirement to where you have to partner with one of the two top American promotions.

I mean, I could be wrong, but this doesn’t seem like something to get worked up about. During their entire partnership with tjpw how many Japanese wrestlers did they poach? 1 after 4 years. Stardom itself has poached more wrestlers from other smaller Japanese woman’s promotions than that during the same time.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Feel like back in the day people were pretty positive when an Indy guy would get signed by the fed. Danielson, Claudio, Seth, and Mox at least.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Wild that all this talk of AEW poaching and warehousing talent came from Kenny saying he'd like to get a schedule of appearances for AZM, something New Japan has done with multiple AEW wrestlers in the past and is doing with an AEW wrestler right now.

It’s wild

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I genuinely don’t get the point you are trying to make.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

Not for Stardom. You're not a minor league farm team for them. You're a business yourself. All this relationship does is make it more likely people leave.

They can't help AEW can offer much more than Stardom but all I'm saying is don't make it easier for AEW to take talent from you. Don't send them talent so they can get a preview of the goods so to day. Just stay away like they've been doing. That's all I want

This is dumb

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Stall_19 posted:

I'm not saying anything about what the women choose. My main point is that I don't want Stardom to partner with AEW because it's going to be a one-sided partnership that only benefits AEW, making it easy for them to sign Stardom talent. That's it. AEW can sign whoever they want, just don't be friends with them.

Having stardom talent wrestle on a show with a large audience seems like a plus. I mean aew normally advertises when a wrestler is from an another promotion, right? Maybe people will like what they see and sign up for world.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

WWF would say this match with Roddy Piper was from Mid Atlantic or Hulk Hogan is from AWA. It doesn't really matter when 6 months later Roddy Piper is no longer wrestling in the Greensboro Coliseum because he's signed with the McMahon machine. Like, I get that Tony Khan isn't Vince McMahon but his obligation is to his own company first of all. And I, as a fan, am not particularly invested in AEW & even less so in their farm league ROH. And I only have X hours in the day & I'd much rather watch AZM in Stardom where she will get more time & her matches won't be cut up with commercial breaks & she'll only appear infrequently. And also won't feature annoying "this is awesome" chants after someone does 1 armdrag, but that's just me griping.

I dunno, how many people are we really expecting to sign up for Stardom World from watching AZM wrestle? Especially bearing in mind that apparently people on here who want to sign up for it aren't even able to!
first paragraph, that’s not really comparable at all. Second paragraph, that’s sounds more like an IT problem stardom should fix than a problem with a partnership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

It's nice that AEW fans have discovered the thread and I hope they stick around, though maybe with slightly less telling people how to feel about partnerships involving companies they enjoy watching.

Alright, you're just being silly now. Thing hasn't happened yet ≠ Thing will never happen. Especially when it has happened with other partner promotions. No poo poo, the partnership has only just begun. AEW didn't sign Takeshita on his first tour either.

Why not? Showing your fans a wrestler before they sign with you is in fact the same thing.

Anyway, to actually talk about women's wrestling, sounds like Evolution are going to be running 2 shows a month going forward from May. So that's cool.

because you are assuming they are showing them with the plan being to eventually sign them? all kenny said was that he would like to see azm do more dates in aew.