Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Croc posted:

Didn't wwe basically run this tryout camp and sign these women to spite eve who ran that show against Super Showdown?

NXT UK only exists to spite the British indies, so it’s big if that is not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

gona be hard for suzu suzuki to win the champion of the month poll with no belt.

(aside from the fact I am voting for Yuka) Honestly, losing the belt makes me want to vote her champion of the month because that owns.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy piss. I shouldn’t have slept and instead watched the debut of Mei Saint-Michel.

Smoking Crow posted:

i feel so betrayed

yunamon was right, she is no ace

What are you talking about, Mei Saint-Michel was apparently found by Sakisama while doing some pied piper poo poo, I don’t think she’s ever met Yunamon.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1329734356881993730?s=21

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mirai loving rules.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Miari evolving from Towel Enthusiast to ABSOLUTE LEGEND was so quick that I respect it even more.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I trust Kamiyu. I will mourn the E I E I O, but appreciate the new.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Takuan posted:

I'm trying to get in to TJPW and I have 2 questions:
1) what is a good source, if there is one, of promo translations, like what Chris Charleton does for NJPW?
2) Why does someone have Old MacDonald as an entrance theme?

Kamiyu reps

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Also the Ohio kids were really loving mean to her

This all checks out.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

Looking forward to Cat and Clown eliminating Pop Team Epic

Hell Yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_e02dH21s

Emi spends an hour talking about how great Yuka is

I think you mean, she wants 30 minutes to make a point about Yuka Sakazaki.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy poo poo she's playing the sexy hiking remake.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Can't help but notice that Maki Itoh isn't on either team :thunkher:

One to Million is in the semi-finals of the tag tournament on 3.6.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Also a reminder to actually read the stipulation because the entire tournament system is loving wild as hell and it rules.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'd make a ChocoPro booking joke but there is no way famous rock star Maki Itoh would be awake for a 6 am call time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the idea of maki itoh deciding one day to become good at wrestling and having secret training sessions with emi is so good its going into the official maki itoh lore.

you love to see it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't think time zones allow whatever the require quarantine period is for someone entering the country.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1368707350136229894

Confidence that Maki is in Florida is rising dramatically.

Oh btw is this a toxx?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think it's just a bet with me and them that one of us has to watch the main WWE poo poo for a week.

Alright, wanted to confirm what the stakes were, a bet with a worse punishment than a toxx it is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I cannot believe a) that being true or b) anyone earnestly believing that.

So please elaborate.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

forkboy should do it imo (if he's up for it)

A voltron of everyone doing a write-up on their favorite women's wrestling source would be cool, and not require someone to commit to doing a write-up for every promotion.

Really, I'd just want the women's promotions from forkboy's puro thread posts reposted here and I'd be happy, but a thread refresh is probably a good idea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, YMZ has adopted the ChocoPro model to some degree (maybe more if Yoneyama gets the taste for loving with her trainees by doing early morning shows that Emi Sakura has developed), and there is always a Diana live stream that I am aware of basically too late to be able to watch because I'm either super tired or busy with other things. Or at least that's how it seems. And that is just YouTube stuff I am aware of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Also, you already have the connection with Emi and Takagi. Why not try to add Chigusa freakin' Nagayo to your list of close Japanese friends?

Seriously, AEW's non-New Japan friends in japan are way cooler than old man New Japan.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

The Miyu/Mirai team is extremely my poo poo.

I'm glad Miyu took the time while Maki was in Covid-land to team with the real main character of professional wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mark me down as a Beeliever from the monster mash match, I guess. All will be consumed by the Djinn but I have hope for Suzume.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Mods ban anyone who dares to rep the loving French

:france:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Since I am not seeing any of the AEW money, I am proud to say the NEO Biishiki-gun is good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It wasn't until you pointed out Hikari Noa's stamping on Pom's head and I noticed that wasn't in the Pom frame did I realize the amount of cool detail effort you did to make each one a clean pull.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kamiyu realizes she would be cut off if the shirt was tucked in and who would want to deny the world the opportunity to see (a representation of) Kamiyu.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, making people wake up for an average of 15 minutes of show per sounds like a pre-tape, which is cool and good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love it when my changes to the forums names become prophecy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

God I hope this doesn't mean she's heading to AEW

Comforting myself with the knowledge AEW already released her from her contract in August of last year and she also concussed the biggest star.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Only because she couldn't get to America during a pandemic

I REMAIN DREAMING

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh poo poo, if only Pokemon Go hadn't logged me out randomly and then uninstalled itself from my phone.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1381065560998309890

Should someone make a thread for That's J-PW?

I love it when TJPW books a match especially for me, and I guess I can get around to making a That's J-PW thread in like 13 or 14 hours if someone wants to beat me to the punch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i am not looking forward to the takes when Rika wins tomorrow

I love reading bad takes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
They were really good in January so I am glad.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:sickos:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Onita got spooked by Mox and company loving up that he decided he needed to figure out his own succession plan.

And drat, I'm glad.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I cannot wait for TJPW's big lucha match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

The ivory towers of New Bishi Gun will fall to Miyu's kicks and Maki's head!

This all checks out, but what about the Neo NEO Itoh Respect Army (2021)