Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Big Dave retweeted a recommended match list from someone for Stardom.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dUIwqCb133wWWT0IJLnvST47h2yUFUQl10NLhqzvKlo/edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rodney the Piper posted:

Big Dave retweeted a recommended match list from someone for Stardom.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dUIwqCb133wWWT0IJLnvST47h2yUFUQl10NLhqzvKlo/edit

Is anyone aware of anyone doing something similar for other joshi promotions?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I watched my first two joshi matches this year. SAKI and Saori Anou vs. Ayumi Hayashi and Momo Tani from Act'wres Girlz in May seemed like a real average match, though I liked Saori Anou's gimmick work. Tam Nakano vs. Arisa Hoshiki in Stardom on 6/16 was a great match on the lower end of my MOTYC line. Looking forward to checking more stuff out when the G1 allows.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I really like Tam & Arisa. Both looked like great workers with charisma & fire.

I felt like Hayashi and Tani were both really bland and uninteresting, and that SAKI and Anou weren't going all out, despite it being on a list of the best matches of the year by Joshi City.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

How was the first match you chanced upon a random tag from AWG?

I took Joshi City’s top matches if the year list and ordered it by promotions, alphabetized.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think I just saw my first bits of Saree and Chihiro Hashimoto and holy poo poo they’re good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

ZAP will handle most of the work in the match and Dump will tag in to do a few familiar spots like braining someone with the trash can. I saw her wrestle a tag against Chigusa Nagayo on her produce show and the atmosphere was incredible. The crowd was mostly 40 year old women who must have been teen fans of Chig in the 90s and they were going nuts for every slow motion exchange between Chig and Dump (and were all very, very drunk at 11:30am on a Saturday)

sounds like the best crowd

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hello. I'm looking for assistance filling out the field for this year's WH-128. If you can suggest joshi workers (or non-joshi, I suppose), that'd be really helpful. If they're in AEW or WWE, I'm aware of them. The thread is here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900148&pagenumber=1

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 2, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching my first ever SEAdLinning match. It is Arisa Nakajima & Ayame Sasamura vs. Yumiko Hotta & Miyuki Takase from January. I have a couple questions.

1) What's up with the company name?

2) Are the gimmicks basically that Yumiko Hotta is a grumpy hoss, Arisa is a grumpy small hoss, and Ayame is the most innocent person on the planet? Also, is Miyuki Takase just also in existence?

Thank you for your assistance.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

IWGP sanctioning the stardom belts would be cool. But then they'd have to explain who exactly the IWGP sanctioning body is.

A little of the IWGP sanctioning body is inside of each and every one of us.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

It's from Dave so take it with a grain of salt since his Japanese sources aren't the most reliable:

I mean I see no reason to doubt him, and I support her decision to retire if she's creatively fulfilled.

Who does have the best Japanese sources?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Can’t believe they let Kevin Dunn work on a CBS show.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1227218656456822789?s=20

so yeah, this is just for the us due to wwe asuka.

All red everything?!?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
No, People Gate!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I attempted suicide at 22, gently caress im so happy I didn't succeed

I'm so sad

I'm glad you're still here.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

everyone be asuka's friend

She owns.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

TTBF posted:

What were some of Hana's best matches?

The highest rated one on @aaronlikethecar's list is her December 24 match against Giulia last year.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm just now watching Stardom for the first time. Question about the pre-match promos - are they always just pretty chill? I'm not expecting "80s wrestling just did a bump" intensity, but it is just weird in the context of most other wrestling I've seen.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

They’ll get hype for big matches. Sumire Natsu does some real good “common woman” promos

These were promos for 8th Anniversary Show matches, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just now watching Hayter vs. Watanabe from February in Stardom and I just have to say that the KBS Hall is an astonishing venue for wrestling. Absolutely beautiful.

Also, the match slaps.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yumiko Hotta has now quit Actwres girlZ and wants to do more traditional joshi stuff so there's an opening there for Yuna to slip back in and the timing is enough of a coincidence that they could in fact be related.

I'm not very familiar with Actwres; how's it different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. And this is the team that did English commentary on recent NOAH shows too. Which I still haven't seen but love that it exists.

If that's the team that did the Shiozaki/Nakajima show, I really liked their work a lot. It had a very legit sports feel to it.