Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They still have Renee and her brother Darren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've only announced ~15 of the competitors for this so far.

I assume the plan is to keep announcing them in bits until the air date, even though I guess spoilers will give all the names this week since it films Thursday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like a challenge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably should have run the poll before the taping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Japanese music industry has the same "rules" for women too, doesn't it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably a better talker too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did the same with Hojo until the last second.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's all for the NXT gimmick.

She has an accent in Crazy Mary videos but not like that.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 11, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Candice Canadian or was that an early gimmick? Various websites claim both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a lot of Australians in this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some weird choices to profile there. I think at least one is a first round loss.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I wish someone could do one with indie names because I KNOW there's a couple people on their I would recognize but not with their new names. Off the top of my head Kimber Lee and Alpha Female (Although I know their NXT names)

The big ones are Jazzy is Alpha Female, Abbey Laith is Kimber Lee, Sarah Logan is Crazy Mary Dobson, Mia Yim was Jade in TNA, and Dakota Kai is Evie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, and Rachel Evers is Rachael Ellering even though they acknowledge who her father is anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i haven't been following the hype for this, but i saw a video on facebook and i was just wondering, if "jazzy gabert" wishes to intimidate, what the gently caress is with the name "jazzy gabert"

She usually goes by Alpha Female.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gabert is her real last name and Jazzy is part of a name she used earlier in her career so I guess she chose it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kairi doesn't have a pirate gimmick. She just dresses like one on the way to the ring because she likes pirates. She is not being portrayed as an actual pirate or anything.

Like Becky. She wears the dumb Steampunk stuff but like her character isn't a Victorian time traveler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of them are already wrestling a WWE friendly style.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's not really from Kentucky, but it looks like she's from literally across the river from Louisville.

I thought it was odd they just made her be a country girl from Kentucky but that makes more sense now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Giant Murderbaby posted:

As I was watching I kept thinking how great it would be if the general product could move towards this style. If Triple H is going to be running it after Vince I suppose there's a chance of that some day, though I wonder if the general WWE audience would go for it.

They would probably have to cut back on the number of shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

She's wrestling in the 5 Star Grand Prix right now. (I assume not literally right now because it's 12 noon in Japan)

It's apparently the 'needs surgery but you can perform with it if you're an idiot' type of neck issue, I think?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

While WWE is whitewashing history CMLL is positioning a women's apuestas match as the main event of their biggest show of the year.

Commentary tonight seemed to back it up.

WWE had their main eventer curtain jerking the MYC. That's how you establish dominance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She should probably wear UFC style gear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ellering/Evers is looking a lot better in this second match. Maybe Marti is just that bad.

Crowd's super into it too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrBling posted:

do we know if wwe has signed Taynara Conti? (The brazilian judo girl)

She seemed like one with a lot of potential.

From the internet so might be a bit off, but looks right to me: Abbey Laith, Bianca Belair, Dakota Kai, Kairi Sane, Lacey Evans, Reina Gonzales, Rhea Ripley, Sage Beckett, Sarah Logan, Taynara Conti, Vanessa Borne, Xia Li, and Zeda are all already signed.

Apparently the guy who runs Squared Circle Sirens said that 3 of the unsigned competitors have been signed as well. I don't know how credible he is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Kairi and Shayna have worked together in the past in STARDOM, but that's not really the point. It's blatantly transparent that WWE is building up to a WWE 4HW vs UFC 4HW feud, which is probably going to bomb for a number of reasons, one of the most notable being that Bayley is being booked (and looks) like a geek for the past several months.

Only one of the UFC horsewomen was any good either, so it's fair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite Lita moment so far is her continuing to talk about how a head kick has just given Abbey the advantage, while Rachel is already back on her feet throwing forearms at her and about to land a super powerslam.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DM Punk posted:

In non MYC news, Sexy Star has doubled down on her innocence and now claims Rosemary was never hurt.

http://stillrealtous.com/sexy-star-shares-lengthy-statement-explaining-happened-rosemary-triplemania/

...Does she not know that you can walk with an injured arm?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Abbey Laith, Bianca Belair, Dakota Kai, Kairi Sane, Lacey Evans, Reina Gonzales, Rhea Ripley, Sage Beckett, Sarah Logan, Taynara Conti, Vanessa Borne, Xia Li, and Zeda are all already signed.

Rumors are 3 of the other competitors have been signed so far too.

People don't expect Toni to sign because she's doing really well in the indies right now and is both Stardom and Progress champion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's another one that's more of a look than a gimmick. Her character is still just "I'm a mom and ex marine and I'm tough" except she dresses like Peggy Carter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the little profile on the side if you google her says 26, but I don't know where Google sources those. It doesn't have the right month or day either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the gimmick was that Burchill was just a guy deciding he wanted to be a pirate. The whole thing with Regal was trying to get Burchill to drop the pirate stuff, like you can see in the clip.

Vince didn't understand that at all and thought he should actually think he's a pirate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but those are good wrestlers so they wouldn't book them that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Smackdown doesn't have time to do anything outside the title with their women's division with the 17 whole minutes of wrestling they have each week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wazzu posted:

I both completely agree that it's a marketing concern, but learning how to delicately say it should be part of your job as talent relations. Why was he never taught code for it? Oh right, WWE.

When JR was talent relations that it is how they did things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince doesn't see crowd reactions, he sees merchandise sales.

Should have bought more shirts, VJeff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you never heard of Japan before?

Edit: Oh wait he said Shimmer, not Stardom. I got nothing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be clear I don't mean Americans can't be creepy I just didn't know anyone from Chicago is capable of generosity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat those are rough numbers for Sasha and Bayley though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Asuka is already a heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, I was just going through the threads trying to find where that had been brought up.