Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

thechosenone posted:

Does any one else want an Episode with Fink and Carol interacting? I just feel like it would be nice.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Catching up from season 1 and Wow, I was not expecting a furry-positive message in the middle of an episode.

Edit: Feel like I should mention I consider this a good thing.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 28, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'd like to suggest a title change to OK K.O.: K.O. is pure. I'd bury myself for K.O.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Rad and Enid being sweet to K.O. is one of the best parts of this show

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I love what they did with the reveal so drat much. I literally can’t wait to see part-time villain K.O.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I like how Enid's powers aren't an inherited thing, but just from really really liking Naruto.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I demand an episode where we see Rads parents meet.

Also how's it spelled. Xtians?

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 31, 2019

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Sonic episode was worth the wait. Looks like they had a ton of fun making it.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Oh. The Sonic episode was so good. 💙 They have references to pretty much every aspect of the franchise shoved in there but the bulk of it definitly played off of AoStH, right down to a Sonic Says segment at the end.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Aristide posted:

Oh. The Sonic episode was so good. 💙 They have references to pretty much every aspect of the franchise shoved in there but the bulk of it definitly played off of AoStH, right down to a Sonic Says segment at the end.
Love that shows are starting to recognize the superior Sonic show

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The reference to movie!Sonic being voiced by Jean-Ralphio loving killed me.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This show is incredible and that Sonic episode was especially fun.

Please watch it so it can continue forever, thank you!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Every time Sonic said "chili dogs" I was thinking of Arin from gamegrumps doing his Sonic impression. Now I'm mad it wasn't Arin from gamegrumpos. This is a very stupid(adorable) show and I enjoy it very much.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ianjq/status/1159503832100904960

Wait this is news to me

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
wait what

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
well that loving sucks

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

loving Cartoon network you are the worst.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Well that was sudden.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Kind of odd since I would have assumed it was doing really well?

But honestly I have no metric for knowing how well a series is doing when the scheduling for everything is so odd and I've flown as far from cable TV as I can.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The only good news is that I can finally catch up

:smith:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
My cob

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ian make an RPG World series next

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Waffleman_ posted:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

They've been putting out loads of episodes without any planning or promotion, this seems like it was a long time coming. Still, I hope they wrap everything up with the foreknowledge and things turn out well. And Rad gets a boyfriend.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Waffleman_ posted:

Ian make anything next. I will follow that man wherever he goes, OK KO is so good.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
First back in february some guy who knows stuff that goes on in the industry and runs a blog about "animation work around town" (town being LA) and often talks about shows that haven't even been announced yet mentioned that OK KO was over. (not 100% accurate due to sometimes misunderstanding what he hears and/or having incomplete info, but still legit)

Then it turned out a lot of the crew were moving onto other shows (generally ones with more in-depth resumes listed december of last year to early this year as when they left the show)

Then we find out from the Turner Classic Movies website that there's an upcoming half hour special called Let's Fight to the End (it's also where we found out in the past about the titles for TKO, You're in Control, and Dark Plaza (actually we found out about Dark Plaza's name at the exact same time), as well as hour hour special titles for other CN shows like SU and AT)

Then we found out season 3 was only 20 episodes long.

So yeah this confirmation has been a long time coming

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Hihohe posted:

loving Cartoon network you are the worst.

They really are...glad they got enough notice to give it a conclusion, at least. :(

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm guessing someone higher up at CN just didn't like the show, indeed it's entire existence and all the weird things surrounding it make it pretty clear that it's been a show mired in Cartoon Network's really weird internal politics from the beginning

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

stratofarius posted:

Ian make anything next. I will follow that man wherever he goes, OK KO is so good.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
This is going to sound salty but I wish CN had put at least half the amount of faith in shows like OKKO, Mao Mao, Craig of the Creek, and Victor and Valentino as they do in TTG and Gumball.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm guessing someone higher up at CN just didn't like the show, indeed it's entire existence and all the weird things surrounding it make it pretty clear that it's been a show mired in Cartoon Network's really weird internal politics from the beginning

Yeah. Between the scheduling for OK KO, the last half of Adventure Time, and the Steven Bombs, I think someone had it in for shows like them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

No.1 Special posted:

This is going to sound salty but I wish CN had put at least half the amount of faith in shows like OKKO, Mao Mao, Craig of the Creek, and Victor and Valentino as they do in TTG and Gumball.

Apparently according to some of the staff, not even Gumball got the ending the creators had hoped for. CN needs massive layoffs at the highest levels only.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Speaking of which, did Gumball ever get a real ending or was what’s-his-face getting dragged into the glitch hole it?

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

TheHan posted:

Apparently according to some of the staff, not even Gumball got the ending the creators had hoped for. CN needs massive layoffs at the highest levels only.

Rumor has it it's because they "technically" haven't cancelled/ended the show yet and they're trying to find another show runner. Could be crap though.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

First back in february some guy who knows stuff that goes on in the industry and runs a blog about "animation work around town" (town being LA) and often talks about shows that haven't even been announced yet mentioned that OK KO was over. (not 100% accurate due to sometimes misunderstanding what he hears and/or having incomplete info, but still legit)

Mind sharing this blog?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

With mao mao being out I was was hoping for a cross over. :(

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

stratofarius posted:

Mind sharing this blog?

he only makes this type of post sporadically but here

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It took me a few episodes to warm up to OK K.O. but it grew into being one of my favorite new shows. I'll always hear Dendy.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My personal favourite bit was Raymond talking about getting upgrades from 'stepdad'

Such a shame Prof V only knows how to give presents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jesus Christ that one scene in 'You're in Control'.