Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, that's a bit of an odd thing to show if they're not gonna have some big reveal that the show is set after a nuclear war and all the superheroes are radiation mutants (or something similar).

Waffleman_ posted:

It would be even more odd if the show had the exact same backstory as Adventure Time, which is what you're suggesting.

It'd be the most odd if such a thing were shown, fairly explicitly, in the first shot of the opening for the pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Oodv0q0Ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/Mu63LpTeEzk

Captain planet episode looking good. Its got jojo poses.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

THERE HE IS.

THERE'S HERO.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
And with that, RPG World Comic has closure.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, the voice of Rad did that web comic? I don't even remember most of that nonsense was about other than a bad final fantasy rip off.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crabtree posted:

Wait, the voice of Rad did that web comic? I don't even remember most of that nonsense was about other than a bad final fantasy rip off.

He's the creator of the show, too :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pakled posted:

He's the creator of the show, too :v:

Looking back OK KO is leaps and bounds better than RPG World.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RPG World was my poo poo when I was younger, but I am almost certain that is the case, yes. It's just nice to see Hero and Cherry again.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Have we ever seen Gar and the Shadowy Figure in person at the same time? With KO's focus on martial arts, I'm beginning to think they're gonna do a Xenogears homage plot twist.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Or it could just be Professor Venomous.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I think it should be Rad.

Cause then it's be Rad.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Or it could just be Professor Venomous.

Huh yeah, all I had to do was a simple Google search of Shadowy Figure and now it seems so drat obvious.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

It would be even more odd if the show had the exact same backstory as Adventure Time, which is what you're suggesting.

I mean, I was just spitballing; I would expect it to be something along those lines, but probably not exactly the same.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It would be funny if they never actually reveal that the Shadowy Figure is Professor Venomous, and the two of them both keep appearing separately in different episodes without acknowledging that they're the same guy.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

GLOSS posted:

And with that, RPG World Comic has closure.

I loved how Dean Venture (Michael Sinterniklass) voiced Hero. I'm glad it worked out for our RPGworld protagonist in the end.

That episode brought back a lot of synirc #webcomics memories.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://youtu.be/Zh9vAc_XQnU

Rads parents are correct about rayguns being neat.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Hihohe posted:

https://youtu.be/Zh9vAc_XQnU

Rads parents are correct about rayguns being neat.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
CN released a bunch of halloween eps for their shows early on the app and website, no cable login required. This includes two ok ko eps:
We Got Hacked
Parents Day

No out of order continuity errors either (heck, one ep appears to be an earlier one they put off airing till halloween time)

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Binged recently, show is fantasy. Three episodes in, it was SO much better than I was expecting that my group had to take a break because I got terminal giggles.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You can really tell KOs voice actor is canadian, what with the soorrys.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hihohe posted:

You can really tell KOs voice actor is canadian, what with the soorrys.

I think that's more of an in joke given that a lot of other characters say soory and the 2nd KO VA isn't canadian

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The corn god cutaway really got me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

KO is pure :unsmith:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The Somewhere Out There riff in Rad Loves Robots could only be topped by the Youtube shenanigans of KO's videos. This show really is a webcomic on television.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
She wrote the criminal's name in her own ketchup...

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

"Doesn't she know love can only be given after certain conditions are met?"

"Yeah, it's like she learned nothing from Daddy!"

I'll be honest, the Boxmore "family" is my favorite thing about this show. Sorry heroes. :devil:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I like this show a lot! It's a nice break as a cartoon purely for the sake of being a cartoon while Steven Universe is on it's hiatus in the middle of it's current lore heavy saga.

Has it been confirmed all the characters pronounce "sorry" as "sore-ee" because Canadian dubbing teams in the 90's pronounced it that way in popular animes? (as far as I know)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Captain Planet crossover was today.

"Why would we want to do that? We do live on... the world..." Lord Boxman, being self-aware?

The best part of the episode was the end.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
KO is such a pure boy and this cartoon is so good.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
https://twitter.com/FourScore64/status/917560945609543680

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was my favorite part. I laughed out loud at realistic KO, only to be even more blown away by realistic Skeleton. Holy crap.

Amazing episode but also pretty depressing. Who would have thought a throwback Captain Planet crossover would be extremely relevant in 2017....

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was my favorite part. I laughed out loud at realistic KO, only to be even more blown away by realistic Skeleton. Holy crap.

Amazing episode but also pretty depressing. Who would have thought a throwback Captain Planet crossover would be extremely relevant in 2017....

yeah i was reeling from this episode, so many feelings of awkward nostalgia mixed with painful realization of just how accurate and important their message is, morphing into this weird sorta depressing "yo, poo poo's still hosed and it's gonna take a monumental amount of effort to fix this or else we're toast"... it was brilliant, and cool, and sad, all at once.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
There's three stages of appreciating Captain Planet. When you're little and you first watch it you just think "Wow, those villains sure are evil! Get em Captain Planet!". When you're a little older, you look back and think, "Those villains were unrealistic; they were evil for evil's sake! Real people are complex and don't want to destroy the world." Then, when you're an adult, you realize, in a cold sweat, that Captain Planet is tragically the most honest cartoon from your childhood and that yes, if anything, they were playing down how ridiculously evil the people destroying the planet are.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Even as a very small child, I felt like Captain Planet was trying to guilt-trip me, and resented it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Captain Planet's outfit is really weird; crop-top, speedo, and gloves and boots.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bongo Bill posted:

Even as a very small child, I felt like Captain Planet was trying to guilt-trip me, and resented it.

They were, but they weren't wrong.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Captain Planet gave me nightmares when I was a kid because even then I kinda got that the threats presented in it more "real" than the other action-adventure-superhero cartoons I liked.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They were, but they weren't wrong.

global warming could not possibly have been my fault at age six

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
PSA's are more often than not an attempt to guilt, shame, or scare you away from doing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bongo Bill posted:

global warming could not possibly have been my fault at age six

Honestly I feel like Captain Planet hit this problem pretty gracefully- the thrust of it is never that global warming is somehow kids' fault, it's always that the older generation is screwing things up and leaving it to the younger generation to try and mitigate the problem.