Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The premise is that this is a world where everyone, not just the protagonists but everyone, is a Dragonball character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

After seeing "I Am Rad" I'm prepared to officially call this show "Good" instead of just "I'd like to believe this will be good."

Happy promotions!

My favorite moment so far was the mimic screaming "filthy casuals!" as the protagonists refused to roll initiative before dealing a critical hit.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

For some odd reason, Joe Cuppa and the macho man customer he interacted with reminded me of Parappa the Rappa characters.

Joe Cuppa is Rodney Dangerfield if his delivery sucked.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

That rich rear end in a top hat card CEO reminded me of Toffee from Star Vs the Forces of Evil.

I kept thinking of the DCAU's Lex Luthor since it's the same VA.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The corn god cutaway really got me.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I liked the Dexter's Lab reference.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm like... half relieved, half disappointed that this show is still exactly as goofy as it was

(like, I get the whole "timeskip -> new design!" thing, but... why those designs? Orange Rad looks weird and Mime Enid looks really loving weird)

It's obviously a joke that won't last the episode. The clip even shows Rad scratching his skin and probably just about to peel the bronze layer of skin off.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Is it me, or is season 2 getting even crazier with the animation?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

There was a Little Witch Academia Reference in the football episode. Luna Nova Magical Academy was one of the Schools Point Prep beat at Mega Football.

That bit also has a Might Magiswords reference.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

All the "sweet corn!" shouting in the latest episodes makes me think OK KO is what happened after the multiverse merged in Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's a lot of characters I recognize but I don't remember what the show's proper name for them was, like dancin' Jethro or the city of Garland. I wanna call the teacher major?

So...ALL the Jethros are dead?

The Jethros all emancipated themselves and left. The credits after Boxman leaves imply that he went out, found them, and made peace with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I know OK KO is more self-aware than most shows, but I wasn't expecting the last episode to basically be about how sad the crew is that the show is ending.