Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bongo Bill posted:

I, too, have been following Ian JQ's stuff since the RPG World days, and am proud of him for the fact that OK KO exists.

Anybody know what video services this is gonna be on?

I've already bought the first season pass on Google Play. I think it's going to show up everywhere else Cartoon Network's stuff does.

So far it's turned out pretty entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

LET'S BE HEROES!

E: Oh my god these name cards are Kill la Kill all over.

E2: Yeah, this is Jim Cummings.

I really love:

STRENGTHS: ALIEN STRENGTH
WEAKNESSES: HUMAN WEAKNESS

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

It's interesting that KO's attempt to use empathy completely failed, and resulted in him discovering that no, Jethro is just a dumb machine that has no feelings and can't be reasoned with. That hardly ever happens to Steven Universe!

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

After seeing "I Am Rad" I'm prepared to officially call this show "Good" instead of just "I'd like to believe this will be good."

Happy promotions!

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Do we know why KO alternates between two voice actors?

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope that whoever's making these mistakes gets their life back together so they can focus on their work at work.

Generally at any given time one of the major streaming services will be several episodes behind for no immediately apparent reason.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

It's interesting that Boxman seems to attack the Plaza specifically to hurt the kids and their friendship, and doesn't seem to care particularly about Mr. Gar.

EDIT: Although it isn't that surprising since Mr. Gar appears to have no friends since he turned his last remaining one into a shopping center.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

I also like the way the robots (especially Shannon) seem to have really unclear ages, much the way that KO does.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

It would be funny if they never actually reveal that the Shadowy Figure is Professor Venomous, and the two of them both keep appearing separately in different episodes without acknowledging that they're the same guy.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Google Play has put up the last episode but still hasn't put up the three episodes before that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

They've added Season 3 to Google Play with "Plazalympics," but instead of playing that episode, it's just "One Last Score" under the wrong name.

Are streaming services run by somebody's corgi?

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

No.1 Special posted:

Today's episode was pretty neat. Is this season nearly over?

By the reckoning where they sell episodes on streaming services, we're right at the beginning of Season 3.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

All the glitched 3D characters look like they came to visit from a Five Nights at Freddy's game.

DO NOT WANT

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

And now it looks like it's out, along with like one million other things that chose today to come out, to torment me. I haven't even gotten to Save the Light yet!

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

So far the writing is fairly fun when it wants to be and the brawl aspect is neat, but the pacing is messed up. There's a long sequence before the plot proper starts, and then you have a bunch of random battles thrown in where they feel misplaced. NPCs move to new locations but don't have anything new to say.

I'll see how it holds up over time.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

I appreciate that Mr. Logic's character arc is basically "I examined all the data with my rational superbrain and it turns out that being nice is the logical thing."

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Wow, that sure was a lot of stuff happening at once.

The real question is, who are we shipping with Professor Venomous now? I guess there's always the ship with Shadowy Figure, but I always thought that was kind of a crack pairing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Not to mention the whole gun control thing falls apart when you remember that the Bodega already sold other much more directly lethal weapons

None of those things ever seem to actually kill anybody, though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Is it me, or is season 2 getting even crazier with the animation?

After "Prom Plaza" demonstrated that style will make up for a 12 FPS framerate, they can do whatever they want.

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

The way they tempted Boxman was also perfect.

"What's that? The president of the universe says all boxes must be replaced by BEST FRIENDS!"

Boxman is such a classic villain being evil for the sake of evil, like Dr. Doom. A lot of newer shows have been going for this newer thing where villains are mostly just gross dudes, but it's fun to see the old-fashioned thing done well.

I also really like KO's delivery of "We are very thoughtful... even to our enemies."

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Of the villains we've seen so far, Lord Boxman, Professor Venomous, and Shadowy Figure are the only ones we've seen so far who are villains for the sake of villainy. Everybody else, like Cosma or Billiam Milliam, are basically evil for the money. They look down on Boxman because he's constantly sabotaging his business in order to pursue his obsessive hatred of the kids across the street.

What they don't get is that for Boxman, destroying the Plaza is the point, and having a robot factory is just a means to that end. This is why Venomous respects Boxman, because he sees that Boxman has the same kind of venom in him that he does.

Also he deliberately ruined their fun party and got their yacht blown up just to show how much he doesn't care. Dude's kind of a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 24, 2013

Honestly, Miss Quantum and Ernesto seem like equally bad teachers.