Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

a hole-y ghost posted:

What about Louis Pan

was that the kid that was rude to strangers and went missing? :stare:

never heard of him. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cubone posted:

was that the kid that was rude to strangers and went missing? :stare:

never heard of him. :stare:
He's the kid that has a unique "on fire" sound. Not that I'd know anything about that.

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
when i was a kid my dad was a fuckin numbnuts who pronounced the name of this game "deuce ex" which sounds a lot like "do sex" when said quickly

we'd all be at thanksgiving and hed be standing there with my cousins "hey have you guys tried DO SEX"

fuckin grannys starin

thats all i know about this gay rear end video game tahnks for reading

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

a hole-y ghost posted:

What about Louis Pan

always kill that little poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Psycho Society posted:

Why? I haven't played any of the other games

human revolution is really good. stick all the mods into the pistol and you can headshot every enemy in the game ftw

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

human revolution is really good. stick all the mods into the pistol and you can headshot every enemy in the game ftw

theyre all really good honestly. human revolution and the one that came out last year are aces and even weird invisible war has a lot of stuff to love in it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its fun how much you can invade peoples lives by the end of mankind divided but the actual game is a bit eh. i need to replay both on a murder the entire world run though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jose posted:

continuing the fine Deus Ex tradition of ridiculously powerful basic handguns, like the 10mm from DX1 that sounds like the Hammer of God striking every time you fire it and which makes pistol wielding enemies early in the game more dangerous than later assault rifle wielding enemies when playing on Realistic difficulty

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

its fun how much you can invade peoples lives by the end of mankind divided but the actual game is a bit eh. i need to replay both on a murder the entire world run though

mankind divided needed another hub and a final act

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
deuce sex

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the guy who played sarif is completely insane and has lots of youtube videos of him being insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1poSCv9bR5I

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

so perfect for DX then

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVE5kZkfGo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 30, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this video si blocked in the uk lol

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Jose posted:

this video si blocked in the uk lol

Oh those bastards. Yep it is - try this
http://coub.com/view/198lq

deetron69
Jan 18, 2005
anyone have scans of the old pc gamer magazine ads for deus ex from like late 1999/early 2000? I remember they basically compelled me to buy DX like the day it came out, year of our lord 2000 AD

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

a hole-y ghost posted:

but the easiest way isn't really a stealth build, because speed aug is so helpful in getting past NPC and bosses. JC races to the finish line through clouds of tear gas, pepper spray, and halon.
It didn't make any sense at all to pick stealth because speed made crouchwalking faster too, so by max level you have pretty much got the ability to travel silently at normal running speed and the ability to run fast and jump high (makes even less sense on intermediate levels because stealth isn't fully silent, crouchwalking with speed is).

Someone mentioned killing Maggie Chow before meeting Tong - I did that on my first playthrough too and it confused the hell out of me because all I did was go exploring in her house (you know, like you are supposed to do in this game) and all of a sudden she's hostile to me. I killed her and only when I found Tong an hour later did I figured out who she was - I thought that I had broken the game so I loaded up an old save to redo it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the aggressive defense aug is near useless until you've got it max rank at which point its cool watching everything with rockets blow itself up

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Am I mental or did they change the controls in Mankind Divided so you stick to walls all the time? I tried playing it a couple of times and it seems more like a cover shooter, every time I crouch behind something I automatically get stuck in cover.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc6PommZKWQ

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Blue Raider posted:

if you cant remember their killswitch phrases you are no true deus ex fan

Whatever, flatlander woman

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Blue Raider posted:

mankind divided needed another hub and a final act

development was so long that content was shifted to the planned sequel (which was then dropped)

quote:

Square Enix's shift in focus to its recently-announced multi-game Marvel project, combined with underwhelming sales of last year's Mankind Divided, mean the Deus Ex franchise has been placed on hiatus, Eurogamer understands.

This, despite Mankind Divided leaving the series with a number of hanging story threads. These plot points were intended to be resolved in a third game, which would also complete the trilogy of Deus Ex titles begun by predecessor Human Revolution.

Much of this remaining story was once intended for Mankind Divided, Eurogamer has heard, until the game grew too large in scope and had to be curtailed. (Even with this, Mankind Divided's development took five years). It's unclear if this untold story will now be left unresolved - or tied up in another medium, such as a graphic novel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Square considered every game for ages a failure been if it sold a few million copies because they wasted so much money on one of the final fantasies and as a result targeted 10 million sales

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
mind.in.a.box is basically deus ex in music form that's also not the deus ex soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8-fdj7_sg

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh i ran across The Nameless Mod which i've never played, but which i understand to be the result of a giant in-joke among the moderators at the official deus ex forums

could be great ... or garbage!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I want to see a Deus Ex game developed by Obsidian. I liked Human Revolution and Mankind Divided but gently caress Square Enix for throwing it away.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I want to see a Deus Ex game developed by Obsidian. I liked Human Revolution and Mankind Divided but gently caress Square Enix for throwing it away.

This but Arkane Studios. They're were already working Chris Avellone with Prey and all their games are basically Thief/SS/DX inspired. Maybe even Arkane+Obsidian JV would be p good.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
We need more conspiracy theories in media, now that so many of them are being revealed as being true

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Xaris posted:

This but Arkane Studios. They're were already working Chris Avellone with Prey and all their games are basically Thief/SS/DX inspired. Maybe even Arkane+Obsidian JV would be p good.

Oh yeah good point. Prey is excellent.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Oh yeah good point. Prey is excellent.

Ya and Dishonored was basically Thief 4 instead of that garbage that Square put out

They already nailed the multiple routes, complex levels, stealth, combat, mixed styles in the vein of DX so loving good too

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

oh i ran across The Nameless Mod which i've never played, but which i understand to be the result of a giant in-joke among the moderators at the official deus ex forums

could be great ... or garbage!
you have to be able to stomach lots of stupid forum in-jokes for the first hour or 2. they put them all in the beginning :psyduck:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

We need more conspiracy theories in media, now that so many of them are being revealed as being true
the last discussion about that was already too similar to this thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793351

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
What are the good mods to get for someone who has never played the game before? I bought it a couple months ago, but didn't start playing until I read this thread.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

the mean lunch lady posted:

What are the good mods to get for someone who has never played the game before? I bought it a couple months ago, but didn't start playing until I read this thread.

FAU recommends Biomod and I trust his choice

i think thats all you need

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I wonder if he is actually asking about cybernetic/bio mods.

Like mods, but for JC. Not the game.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its perfectly fine vanilla

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I'm imagining a Deus Ex / Doom mashup and it's basically this, but a video game and no Batman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpE_iNtWAo

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 30, 2017

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js02m-7qHyE

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0U7OUtRvXM

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

vanilla is good
shifter has some fixes, very subtle additional content, and tweaked values for things without attempting to make major changes to the gameplay. the xp bonuses it adds can be very distracting though
biomod is built on shifter, has some more additions, and also makes other changes to character upgrades that make it a much larger step from vanilla than shifter, but the shifter xp bonuses are removed

i recommend vanilla 1st and biomod for the 2nd play

either way dont skip on the pepper spray a single puff (half a unit of ammo) incapacitates an enemy at ~3~15 feet. you can save a lot of ammo learning to use it

take the gep gun

dont let the person you free even have the option of asking for your gun if you put mods on it. drop it before talking to them and pick up an unmodded weapon

a certain enemy that doesnt usually leave a corpse can be knocked out so you can see what they carry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Revision graphics mod looks neat and adds some things like Biomod & Shifter.

• Locked thread