Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Psycho Society posted:

That's one fast helicopter

It's the bomb!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cubone posted:

does anybody have the video of goomba stomping maggie chow? I can't find it

At work right now but youtube search "maggie chow extreme assassination" and I think you'll find it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cubone posted:

*invisible war stumbles in with its pants around its ankles*

"Oh my god JC, a bomb!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

it's so good to have a game that doesn't treat you like a moron.

Radical design decision in the 2010's.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I wonder if he is actually asking about cybernetic/bio mods.

Like mods, but for JC. Not the game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Doing a media embargo on a game is really just a stupid move all around. For consumers who don't pay attention to games news (most people) it means nothing other than less exposure, which is bad, because outlets aren't talking about your game. For consumers who do pay attention it is usually perceived as a giant flashing sign that says "THIS GAME SUCKS".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Bethesda does it with literally all their games. And they aren't the only publisher who does that. Of course the people who read to much into poo poo freak out. You should only be pre-ordering if you can get it at a discount or have played some sort of pre-release demo anyway.

Thank you for responding to my "doing this makes people think your game sucks" comment by clarifying that Bethesda does it for all of their games. I had myself a sensible chuckle.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lunchabully posted:

Ironically the most dated thing about the game is that the protagonist finds the idea of using the fear of terrorism to justify a corporate takeover of the planet through mastery of internet surveillance and big data difficult to believe

hosed up but true.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I can't tell if this is a real post

In the age of hand holding video games, one poster has the courage to complain that his hand was not held enough!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jack2142 posted:

Alpha Protocol was actually a brilliant game, that actually had choices in it.

:eyepop: ~choices in video games~ :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sagebrush posted:

if you're mad about having to pay careful attention to the details of the game environments to succeed, perhaps this style of game is not for you and I don't know why you're posting in the Deus Ex thread

I agree with your sentiment but I cannot for life of me figure out who this post is directed at. There aren't any mad posts on this entire page.

• Locked thread