Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

All this blood has ruined my chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Saint Paul--The Wraith of God

http://www.it-he.org/deus.php

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Oriental Hugs posted:

Why aren't there more dumb fps rpg games.

they made a good but not perfect deus ex last year and nobody played it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

witcher 3 combat is decent against humans and crappy against monsters. human combat has some nuance to it but monster combat is all roll and chop

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

At least you get to see cool monsters do monster things, with humans you murder about 1000 people over the course of the game and they are kinda the same.

Though I'm playing the DLC now and it's a bit harder but not really any more fun. The fire spell isn't a win button anymore at least.

I would love a remastered deus ex, playing prey now which is definitely giving me some of the same feels, though there's no insane conspiracy theory plot...so far.

each of the dlcs has a boss fight that are both much harder than anything else in the game. the combat really shows its rear end in those fights

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

aquinas spoke of the mythical city on a hill

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's been like 15 years since I've played this game and I still remember all the names like anna navarre and gunther herman.

if you cant remember their killswitch phrases you are no true deus ex fan

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

human revolution is really good. stick all the mods into the pistol and you can headshot every enemy in the game ftw

theyre all really good honestly. human revolution and the one that came out last year are aces and even weird invisible war has a lot of stuff to love in it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

its fun how much you can invade peoples lives by the end of mankind divided but the actual game is a bit eh. i need to replay both on a murder the entire world run though

mankind divided needed another hub and a final act

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the mean lunch lady posted:

What are the good mods to get for someone who has never played the game before? I bought it a couple months ago, but didn't start playing until I read this thread.

its perfectly fine vanilla

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

or in invisible war where you throw corpses really hard and can kill people with them

owns

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that micro transactions stuff in human revolution turned out to be bullshit mainly anyway. there was that and the single use dlc that was basically useless after an hour of gameplay anyway

like, a single use praxis kit isnt that important when youre inundated with them by halfway through the game

that dlc model was full bore retarded but ironically it didnt have much to do with the game in reality

E: i meant mankind divided

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 30, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the new mod that lets you tranq 4 dudes at once is the tits though

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i hope square shits out and sells eidos to bethesda

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

I used this, the PEPS because it was my favorite gun in HR, and the ranged hack upgrade, but I was doing a non-lethal run. HR and MD kinda make non-lethal really easy though with how good the stun gun, tranq rifle, and PEPS are.

yeah, i nonlethaled HR and MD pretty easily. MD is much harder to ghost though. for some reason

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Xaris posted:

its really quite amazing. they hemorage buttfuckton of money on subsidizing all their final fantasy failrues then cancel and fuckover all their published western dev games when they don't make 9999 billion bucks like tomb raider was considered a dissapointed despite selling very well

Sleeping dogs was one of the best open world games and then instead of letting the United Front Games make sleeping dogs 2, they made them make some lovely triad wars moba-dlc-mmo thing or something which got cancelled and then the developers shut down lmao

what makes this even worse is they lay these expectations on games like deus ex which might sell well and be awesome, but itll never light the world on fire just by its nature

the dishonored games dont do super well either, but the magic of realistic expectations is that arkane gets to keep making them and bethesda keeps footing the (appropriately costed) bill

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Xaris posted:

idk about that much anymore. dishonored 1 was def a sleeper hit and beth funded them more to make a second one. but bethesda seems rather disapointed with dishonored 2 and prey sales, some big guy at arkane just left but maybe that was actually his choice and not pub-dev politicking.

but yea i agree, squeenix is just terrible all around. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

Ah, i didnt know about any of that. im not surprised prey is underperforming though. it was barely marketed at all

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yeah, i dont love bethesda or anything but theyre the only ones allowing games like doom or prey to even be made anymore. imagine if somebody put a proposal for prey on the desk of EAs CEO

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

in their defense, bethesda made games do suck

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Three-Phase posted:

I never played The Witcher but my basic understanding is that it's basically killing things and screwing things (that you didn't kill).

I'm guessing the thing in the background is listed under the "kill" column.

witcher 2 is great and 3 is likely the best game of the 2010s

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I wish I liked either of them. I really didn't like the first, but bought the second on hype (mostly how much they'd improved it) and didn't enjoy it. It's the combat, and the story, and Geralt. I played the 3rd as well - none of them floated my boat at all.

Oh well. I'm an outlier with the Witcher games. At least they have the money from me for Cyberpunk 2077 - but if there isn't a demo of that I won't get it.

thats understandable. the story in 2 is pretty inscrutable and it basically requires two complete playthroughs to really get into it. the second act in the game is completely different depending on a choice you make in the first act

3's story is a lot more understandable and, holy poo poo, that game creates a sense of place. my witcher advice is to always turn the difficulty down to easy and enjoy the ride

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CassandraZara posted:

You know what was the best?

Deus Ex

amen

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jose posted:

i've never completed the tutorial because i blew my legs off and it became boring as a result

liberty island is the real tutorial

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Making Anna Navarre charge through a TnT crate by breaking her pathfinding on the plane, causing it to explode.

if you do it right you can LAM anna navarre on the plane and shell show up as a ghost for a second you can talk to

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

The PS2 version had CGI intro and ending cutscenes, partially to dress up being a port of a 2 year-old game that didn't look that amazing when it debuted and partially because thanks to making the maps smaller to fit on consoles they could no longer physically use the in-engine cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_al2NCcfUoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye68o5tRgLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtq7L2zphPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhVxTxjS-Y

Also they cleaned up the logo a bit to make it more obvious that it was supposed to be a stylized D and X.

And the JC Denton character model is slightly more high-poly, though it's really jarring since everything else was unchanged.

funny, i played it first on ps2. it was hard as gently caress withough mouse/keyboard too. you basically had to engage the god mode to deal with poo poo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

I played it on PS2 a few years after I played it to to death on PC, mostly just morbidly curious

as a man who has played the gently caress out of both this is a hosed up decision

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yea the ps2 version made me love the game. imagine when i played the pc version

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FLATLANDER WOMAN

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

That kicks rear end, does she just have her normal plane dialogue?

yea shes just standing there half visible like she normally would be during the lebedev scene

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is the new one good

yea but the ending is very abrupt

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the worst thing about IW is the universal ammo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Caufman posted:

The two most memorable things about IW were the bolts that quietly shattered glass; and throwing bodies into dumpsters like it's basketball.

what sticks with me were the pequad/queequeg coffee shops, the digital pop star, and the main villain calling denton "young pliable" which is such a weird thing to call someone that its stuck with me for 15 years

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

Underworld Tavern in Hell's Kitchen

Jock: "Get me a beer"
*buy a beer for him•
Jock: This beer's warm, get me another one

*hmm a fire extinguisher - what will this do if I use it?*
Entire bar freaks the gently caress out

realistic imo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my gender is augmented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you can definitely carry objects between maps because some guy carted juan lebedev's unconscious body all the way to Area 51 of memory serves

• Locked thread