Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you're playing for the first time, install Biomod. It's essentially a vanilla rebalance patch. You won't notice the difference if you've never played before, and it smooths a couple things out in terms of augs and skills. I don't even notice the difference anymore, and I've played Deus Ex a ton.

Is that the mod that balances the augmentations? Like makes some of the useless ones passive augs that take no power, like swimming.

Also isn't there a mod that adds in an actual skulgun aug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Oriental Hugs posted:

Why aren't there more dumb fps rpg games.

Play the new prey

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I keep meaning to play it.

It's honestly lots of fun, the first few levels definitely feel like deus ex. I keep meaning to finish it but my laptop is boned right now.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

a certain enemy that doesnt usually leave a corpse can be knocked out so you can see what they carry
Is that the enemy that occasionally mutters creepy poo poo to themselves?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

im sure i dont know what you mean

pepper spray > prod > prod or baton (save 1 prod ammo by using baton instead)

Cold. Cold and dark. It goes on forever.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Dog Jones posted:

I got prey cos of this thread. It's ok. The mimics are a cool idea that make you pay attention to and hthink about your surroundings a lot. But then they give you a helmet that reveals them so then they are boring. The gloo gun is cool but there isn't anything to do with it cos the levels are linear. Like anytime I think I circumvented an area with it they just funnel you back in. And using it to explore is kinda pointless cos the exploration reward is literal trash. I have like 10 neuromods ad enough material to make like 10 more. I don't feel like I need anything though. I'm not getting the alien powers since it's clear they are bad for you and I don't need them.

Alien powers are great and don't really do anything bad to you. Exploring poo poo is pretty rewarding, you'll notice the difference with your resources. My first playthrough I was starved for ammo, but my second time through I had tons of it from exploring thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

There's a moment in prey in the cargo bay where the survivors have stockpiled a bunch of food. One of the women gets angry at you if you start eating it or taking it. Someone should do a JC tenton visits talos 1 edit.

• Locked thread