Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ROFLburger posted:

Witcher 3 is the best game ever made, moron

You spell DOOM wrong. Dingus.

Thread content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEJ6fURMUg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

My dad's girlfriend bought me Deus Ex for my birthday in 2000 or 2001. I played it for half an hour, didn't like, and traded it in for the PC version of Final Fantasy 8.

Powerful self-own.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The new ones are good games. They aren't as wild or crazy as the original but nothing was.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtNHRYJnrU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js02m-7qHyE

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

that micro transactions stuff in human revolution turned out to be bullshit mainly anyway. there was that and the single use dlc that was basically useless after an hour of gameplay anyway

like, a single use praxis kit isnt that important when youre inundated with them by halfway through the game

that dlc model was full bore retarded but ironically it didnt have much to do with the game in reality

E: i meant mankind divided

The way it was talked about online was like it was this huge offensive thing but if you actually played the game you won't notice it outside of the main-menu.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

At least HITMAN™ managed to escape the clutches of Square-Enix-Eidos mostly unscathed.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

yeah, i dont love bethesda or anything but theyre the only ones allowing games like doom or prey to even be made anymore. imagine if somebody put a proposal for prey on the desk of EAs CEO

EA actually was at one point making System Shock 3 but then Bioshock was announced and they reworked it into what would eventually be Dead Space.

Chomp8645 posted:

Doing a media embargo on a game is really just a stupid move all around. For consumers who don't pay attention to games news (most people) it means nothing other than less exposure, which is bad, because outlets aren't talking about your game. For consumers who do pay attention it is usually perceived as a giant flashing sign that says "THIS GAME SUCKS".

Bethesda does it with literally all their games. And they aren't the only publisher who does that. Of course the people who read to much into poo poo freak out. You should only be pre-ordering if you can get it at a discount or have played some sort of pre-release demo anyway.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

the black husserl posted:

Harvey Smith can make a good action game but he 100% doesn't get what made Deus Ex amazing.

Neither does Warren Spector. I'm not sure any of the creators really grasp the whole picture.

Spector himself admits this. He's credited as being the man behind Deus Ex but has always been insistent that the credit belonged to the whole team.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Is there anyway to make GMDX not dark as gently caress? I thought JC's vision was augmented.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey look, it also predicted the end of peak oil.

I remember peak oil.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

I kept holding out for some critical neuropozyne mission, like an aug withdrawal center or something, but they only came up a few times. Maybe there would've been something in the cancelled content

There were a few main and side missions that you could advance by giving someone a dose of neuropozyne, you were never missing much if you didn't have one on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

451 is the code to the EMS room with snacks at a hospital that I bring patients to. The keypad is one of those 1-5 deals that only takes 3 digits, so I'm pretty sure whoever set it up is a DX/SS fan.

0451 was actually the code for the door to the looking glass studios offices. They made it the code for the first lock in SS1, and it became a tradition that would carry on to Deus Ex and later Dishonored and Prey.

• Locked thread