Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Daily pulled a Lightning :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Good, Christmas Carrie is getting a 6*, I’d like to see the occasional friend unit get at least a little bit of attention from time to time.

Free pull was my 29 billionth Sice. I think the game is trying to tell me something. Let’s see if it was what I think it was.

This is a battle of Super heavyweights. I’m sure this is going to be an epic battle! *in the late Great Gorilla Monsoon voice* The irresistible force meeting the immovable object! I’m ready for a slug fest! I’m...

Oh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, upgrading Orlandeu's Divine Ruination doesn't change the frames, I hope?

And the WoL upgrades make him objectively better than Earth Veritas or Cagnazzo, right?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Stacking damage multiplier makes me think that the ice unit is a finisher. Would be great if she had Fry's frames though.

Single target so she's more likely to be an Emperor expy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, upgrading Orlandeu's Divine Ruination doesn't change the frames, I hope?

And the WoL upgrades make him objectively better than Earth Veritas or Cagnazzo, right?

It doesn't, and pretty much. You can keep both 100% provoke and 75% group guard up while also having your choice of offensive or defensive break.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Wow. So uh, Japan server just gave out 10 "choose the 5* base character of your choice" tickets (you need 10 tickets to get a free 5*) as an apology for restricted features due to server stress. Apparently they still haven't worked all the bugs out of the weapon enhancement dungeons.

Coupled with the 10 free tickets given out recently as a Director's present, that means everyone on JP basically has been given the 7* of their choice. Or, if they have a 7*, the Super Trust Mastery reward of their choice. It's a shame global will probably never see anything remotely this generous, because playing on JP is really spoiling me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So Christine is Elsa. When do we get Sven?

Also, a banner with no 4* Units? I didn't think Gumi did that...

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 20, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Orlandu gets enhancements before aileen and still no ramza. At this point gumi is just loving with us

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

haha of course WoL's enhancements come after I've pulled Wilhelm and have all but benched him. I'm assuming there are times when his AoE cover is preferable to Wilhelm's mitigation? I wouldn't mind getting more mileage out of the guy, he's been a tremendous asset to my team and I have grown quite fond, even if his limit break is trash.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

So Christine is Elsa. When do we get Sven?

Also, a banner with no 4* Units? I didn't think Gumi did that...

Christmas Carrie got bumped up, she is no longer a 3-5 star, but a 4-6 star.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Orlandu gets enhancements before aileen and still no ramza. At this point gumi is just loving with us

Also loving gilbert, another bard, gets an exclusive global awakening to 6* because thats what everyone was asking for

At this point I want them to completely redo Ramza's enhancements. We don't even NEED another bard. Let him keep the break enhancements because those are important for his 7* form. Enhance Justice to have some heft y stat passives and full ailment immunity. And enhance Holy Blade into an actual worthwhile damage skill, either finisher or chainer, maybe take the hybrid off of it. Let him fill a non-bard role.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christmas Carrie got bumped up, she is no longer a 3-5 star, but a 4-6 star.

Sorry, I meant a 4*-5* Max unit.

Dana Crysalis posted:

At this point I want them to completely redo Ramza's enhancements. We don't even NEED another bard. Let him keep the break enhancements because those are important for his 7* form. Enhance Justice to have some heft y stat passives and full ailment immunity. And enhance Holy Blade into an actual worthwhile damage skill, either finisher or chainer, maybe take the hybrid off of it. Let him fill a non-bard role.

This is Gumi's verison of when Punisher got his Battle Van as his Ultimate Power in Marvel Heroes, and everyone kept asking when they would get to drive it instead of it just coming in, unloading, and leaving, and Gazillion's response was, "Under no circumstances will you ever drive this van, you shitlords!". They didn't come right out and say that, but they came close.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: Under No Circumstances Will You Ever Get Ramza Enhancements, You Shitlords!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat it's going to be expensive to awaken Rem.

Does it make sense to awaken two Rem's worth of Dagger Boomerangs, or just one and save the other for 7* fodder next year?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

new kind of cat posted:

haha of course WoL's enhancements come after I've pulled Wilhelm and have all but benched him. I'm assuming there are times when his AoE cover is preferable to Wilhelm's mitigation? I wouldn't mind getting more mileage out of the guy, he's been a tremendous asset to my team and I have grown quite fond, even if his limit break is trash.

Even before his enhancements WoL has been a staple on my teams. Cover, Cover All, Provoke, and AOE Breaks is an always useful combination of skills. He's even got Raise which I've used in a pinch. I've got a super TMR'd Wilhelm and I still toss in WoL along side him because he's just that drat useful. I even use him on my Arena team because AOE breaks are just that nice.

I'm fine with no Ramza/Lunera enhancements because I wasn't expecting them for a month anyway. Let Roy have at least a month for the whales to splash around with before you come along and offer multiple alternatives.

Orlandeau enhancements are nice because they're basically just a damage boost.

Interestingly, Rem's enhancements are somewhat different than her JP ones and an upgrade to Dagger Boomerang might make it still competitive with the new wave of finishers. At worst she's in a good spot being a second healer role that can double as a finisher. I'm happy with this.

I'm down with garbage 3* bard getting a 6* upgrade. I mean they probably could have done it a while ago but if you don't have Roy/Lunera/Ramza/Soleil at least there's a 3* option now.

Voodoo posted:

Does it make sense to awaken two Rem's worth of Dagger Boomerangs, or just one and save the other for 7* fodder next year?

Save one for 7*. Dagger Boomerang is a finisher which is a good role to double up on, but it's also a good role to diversify with and you won't be doing it often enough to justify the cost.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I guess my Gladiolus pull is somewhat better now that I can bring double tank and still be able to break.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

:smith:

No more type-0s please, they are the new Bedile.

Too bad ARE YOU NOT TYPE-0ED doesn’t sound right as the thread title.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Christine getting 256 base MAG with pots and some form of ability dual cast and a consecutive-use power up move is enough to convince me she will be pretty loving good.

No idea for Kryla though. I'm secretly hoping she won't bring anything game-breaking to the table like iNichol did. The last thing I want is a "must-have" time-limited 5* unit on a double-rainbow banner. If this does turn out to be the case, then at least we can hope there's a point to having multiple Christines.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ace, Queen, and Seven are the only FFT-0 units I don't own.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'd actually love an Ace. He's the only Type-0 unit I'm missing and I've hit 2 Rem and 2 Queens. Ace always shows up in line ups on the wiki teams for mission clears; that and double POD strategies. Those 75% elemental breaks are still relevant.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 20, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Office Thug posted:

Christine getting 256 base MAG with pots and some form of ability dual cast and a consecutive-use power up move is enough to convince me she will be pretty loving good.

No idea for Kryla though. I'm secretly hoping she won't bring anything game-breaking to the table like iNichol did. The last thing I want is a "must-have" time-limited 5* unit on a double-rainbow banner. If this does turn out to be the case, then at least we can hope there's a point to having multiple Christines.

It's not 256 base magic, it's a lower number and she has a passive that adds MAG%. They always do that. 256 base mag would be insanity.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Ace, Queen, and Seven are the only FFT-0 units I don't own.

I’d give you a Seven if I could. Her and King are my most drawn golds.

Ace is the only one I’m missing(somehow), and he’s probably the only one I could see using once in awhile for higher level content.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Finally Type-0 Has A Sequel.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's not 256 base magic, it's a lower number and she has a passive that adds MAG%. They always do that. 256 base mag would be insanity.

Huh, you're right, that's super loving weird. Serves me right for taking anything Gumi puts up at face value.

Armitage posted:

Ace is the only one I’m missing(somehow), and he’s probably the only one I could see using once in awhile for higher level content.

Enhanced Ace is alright, but nothing amazing. His imperils are great and he's a solid MP battery. However, he will die if you so much as sneeze in his direction.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

You guys are all missing the biggest news from this.

IT'S CUPID ARTRMIOS' TIME TO SHINE

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Office Thug posted:

Huh, you're right, that's super loving weird. Serves me right for taking anything Gumi puts up at face value.

Enhanced Ace is alright, but nothing amazing. His imperils are great and he's a solid MP battery. However, he will die if you so much as sneeze in his direction.

I usually build him as support since his damage is so unreliable. Pod, Rikku pouch, and all the HP I can stuff into him. Like some kind of laser bard.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Seriously thought, if C. Artemios gets good enhancements come Valentine's, he could be a really strong finisher for Orlandeau chains.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Today's free summon was unusual. It came down yellow, I hit it and went back to reading emails. When I looked down again it was a rainbow. Fully prepared for another Bedile it gave me my first Fryevia as an early present. I'm fairly happy with this so I suppose now is when someone tells me she's been obsoleted.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Ratzap posted:

Today's free summon was unusual. It came down yellow, I hit it and went back to reading emails. When I looked down again it was a rainbow. Fully prepared for another Bedile it gave me my first Fryevia as an early present. I'm fairly happy with this so I suppose now is when someone tells me she's been obsoleted.

I had my first blue --> gold --> rainbow on Friday night and it was Fryevia as well! She still seems like a really strong unit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know this is beating a dead horse at this point but i just cant help it. ramza (and almost certainly lunera at this point) enhancements are going to be delayed literally indefinitely. ramza because people already pulled for him and gently caress you, the excuse about ~global is a different game~ already worked there and people are convinced ramza enhancements are somehow op in spite of roy existing now, and lunera is already partially enhanced so that can be delayed too.

if people throw a fit over the delayed enhancements that might change, but i expect they won't so it won't. i'm not kidding when i say i think ramza enhancements will be held until his 7*. or it will be like gilgamesh and they'll be delayed forever with no global enhancements to make up for it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
:siren: At long last, we're getting the unit enhancements we've been waiting for! Orlandu, Rem and WoL! (My recent Wilhelm pull makes WoL a bit redundant either way though)

Going to grab black lion and DR for Orlandu without question. Hellcry Punch going to -45% from 40% is ok, and the 5 turn duration could be nice, but other units can cover that work already.
Rem's dagger boomerang enhancements is going to make an already crazy skill even more insane too, I'm sure. I have a second Rem so she'll go to 7* eventually and as such I'll probably enhance a few of her skills. It also looks like Rem in global has enhancements she didn't get in Japan and vice versa. So if Ramza ever gets enhancements he might be entirely different.

Robotic Accolade posted:

Wow. So uh, Japan server just gave out 10 "choose the 5* base character of your choice" tickets (you need 10 tickets to get a free 5*) as an apology for restricted features due to server stress. Apparently they still haven't worked all the bugs out of the weapon enhancement dungeons.

Coupled with the 10 free tickets given out recently as a Director's present, that means everyone on JP basically has been given the 7* of their choice. Or, if they have a 7*, the Super Trust Mastery reward of their choice. It's a shame global will probably never see anything remotely this generous, because playing on JP is really spoiling me.

We'll probably never see weapon enhancements because its such an unmitigated clusterfuck that Japan will still be trying to fix its bugs by the time we'd get it.

I have no idea who to spend these UoC tickets on. I haven't touched JP for a few weeks and the last time I did I made a 7* lightning who's currently level 112/120. I also have unleveled 5* Dark Veritas, Onion Knight, Ramza, and Swordcat. I could 7* DV and/or OK, or outright buy a pair of Noctis to 7*. I'll probably just sit on the tickets though and spend them if/when I get active on the JP server again.

Voodoo posted:

Save one for fodder, there's no reason to awaken 2 of them.

Ratzap posted:

Unless they never give her enhancements or a 7* form she's going to remain useful for awhile. Though Lila (Sephiroth banner) is going to outshine her significantly either way unless Gumi nerfs the hell out of Lila's abilities for global, which I'm honestly expecting because Lila is absurd and busted.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It'll be 6-8 months till we see lila and the problem then becomes "In another 3-4 months 7* come out and Lila wont get her 7* until another 4-6 months"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gumi has no problem releasing busted units. have they ever nerfed a unit? ramza not getting enhanced is a bit of a different story but i'd be shocked if they decided to nerf a unit instead of rolling in their fat stacks of cash when they release it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

i know this is beating a dead horse at this point but i just cant help it. ramza (and almost certainly lunera at this point) enhancements are going to be delayed literally indefinitely. ramza because people already pulled for him and gently caress you, the excuse about ~global is a different game~ already worked there and people are convinced ramza enhancements are somehow op in spite of roy existing now, and lunera is already partially enhanced so that can be delayed too.

if people throw a fit over the delayed enhancements that might change, but i expect they won't so it won't. i'm not kidding when i say i think ramza enhancements will be held until his 7*. or it will be like gilgamesh and they'll be delayed forever with no global enhancements to make up for it.

It's too bad you can't trade tickets or lapis or anything because I'd bet you a 10+1 ticket that Ramza gets his enhancements in the next wave.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Evil Fluffy posted:

Unless they never give her enhancements or a 7* form she's going to remain useful for awhile. Though Lila (Sephiroth banner) is going to outshine her significantly either way unless Gumi nerfs the hell out of Lila's abilities for global, which I'm honestly expecting because Lila is absurd and busted.

Sweet. I've got all the mats to awaken her to 6* from the current events. Once the cactuar thing kicks off this weekend I can farm those for exp and get her done. One of my TMRs is almost finished so she can replace that one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If they are going to keep adding seasonal units that need to be enhanced they better up the amount of units that get enhanced per run or do more than one enhancement group each month. Its incredibly stupid that like 1/2 of the units that got enhancements this run are poo poo Type-Os and seasonal units that aren't that great and whose enhancements dont seem to be as game changing as the Halloween ones.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ratzap posted:

She is a really great unit, and was my 1st powerhouse rainbow.

The only problem she needs a slew of TMRs to keep her at peak. Trick Hat, Dark Rome/DFina Swimsuit, her own sword (at least 1) then pack on letters and arms.

Before I had her I figured I wouldn’t macro. The day I pulled her I immediately went and started downloading Nox.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

have they ever nerfed a unit?

Noctis. Nerfed him before they even released him.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Well, to be fair, Lila makes all current damage-dealers look like garbage. She's just way too strong.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Is Hyou stronger than Lila? He seems pretty crazy and everyone on JP is going nuts for him.

Felix posted a little unit review for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkIPG-6UAVA

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^^ Lila is only a 6* unit, so any good 7* chainer should outperform her except in cases where the target has significantly more DEF than SPR because Lila does magic damage scaled off her own SPR stat which is why she's so insane (also her main chain attack is 1000% damage).

Hyou is a 7* CG unit, and new, so it'd be stunning for him to not blow her (and probably everyone else) out of the water.

hagie posted:

She is a really great unit, and was my 1st powerhouse rainbow.

The only problem she needs a slew of TMRs to keep her at peak. Trick Hat, Dark Rome/DFina Swimsuit, her own sword (at least 1) then pack on letters and arms.

Before I had her I figured I wouldn’t macro. The day I pulled her I immediately went and started downloading Nox.

She doesn't need a slew of TMRs any more than most units. Having her sword is a must, as is dual wield, but equip rod+rod mastery is also viable if you have a good rod, and even some event gear/TM rewards will let her hit plenty hard.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 20, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Is Hyou stronger than Lila? He seems pretty crazy and everyone on JP is going nuts for him.

Oh yeah, that's not even a question. Hyou is a 7* DH unit that can attack twice like DW units. He's 98/100 on Alterna for a good reason.

There are several 7* units that overshadow Lila just by virtue of having 7* stats and far more powerful multipliers. However, you should take the fact that Lila is still in the top unit list as a 6* among 7* units as testament to how loving busted she is.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Can't wait to see how broken her 7* is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol can you imagine the shitstorm if they released ramza enhancements that were totally different.

They dont have the balls.

• Locked thread