Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
So aside from the lapis I got for the guaranteed 5* pull, I have 24 tickets, 2 4* tickets and 10K lapis ready for this banner. If the anniversary bundle is a good price that's an extra two 11 pulls.

I want Tidus dammit!
Also have 200% in trust moogles, hoping for something decent to put them into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

5* pull was a second Marie... I guess I'll take a second Rainbow Robe. I was really hoping for finally getting a Ramza or a Noctis. I guess it's just not in the cards...

Now I can't get into the game. Heavy server load right now I suppose.
Edit: and Rikku was in my free 10+1 ticket.. I'd stop there but god dammit I want Tidus.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

So. Don't be a moron like me. It looked like the servers were more stable now. So I bought the anniversary bundle.
Purchase said completed. But then the "servers are too full" message popped me out of the game. I got back in. Bundle still in the store, but money gone out of my account.
I don't even know the exact steps to get this sorted out.

The first actual 11 pull on the banner got me a rainbow. Dark Knight Cecil.
I'm not having a good day for this...

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

For fucks sake Gumi remove the small cactuars and gil turtles from the raid coin list. This raid is absolute poo poo

Seriously! The raid boss sucks and the raid gacha doubly sucks. And you can only pull 1000 coins at a time.
I'll at the very least get the tickets out of the prizes, maybe get the trust moogle if I can deal with it. I won't even bother trying to get the pots.

Hopefully by then I can get one of the Mog's TM for Rikku. At the rate I'm seeing it drop, that's not likely.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Dragomorph posted:

Pulled Dark Fina in the 5*+10 pull. I ain't complaining 'cause I don't care enough for that. Is she worth Enhancing though?

Ultima Enhanced is pretty drat good. It becomes a multi-hitting move. Get yourself a friend D. Fina who is enhanced and double cast those Ultimas until things stop moving.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

7 more 11 pulls today. Got Queen'd on the last one.
So this banner has hit me with Dark Knight Cecil and Queen after nine total 11 pulls.

But looking at the positives, I finally got Olive out of the 5* EX Ticket. Immediately got Sparky and kitted her out. That's good.

I think I'm quite done with this banner though. Gotta walk away to keep my sanity. Tidus was not meant to be.
(Except in my JP account where I pulled my second Tidus the other day...)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I'mma treat all you guys as liars to comfort myself.
The 10 EX tickets were all blue for me as well as garbage, the 4* ticket did get me Rikku which finally got her TM finished, but I still am missing Ashe, Amelia and Grace that I would really appreciate getting at least one of .
So anyone who pulled a 5* must be lying, Those tickets don't go that high... it's totally not my lovely luck, right?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: Free daily summon was a Lunera. Is she worth using at all?

Very passable now, amazing in the future.
Aureole Ray is a very acceptable chaining move with 20 hits, light and wind damage isn't a bad set of elements to have for an attack. She also has good chain finishing attacks with her separate wind/light arrow attacks.
Her song is still quite good, even with only a 40% stat buff it comes attached with very good HP/MP recovery.

She's got a great MAG stat, but really does need her own TM to shine, definitely work on that when you can.

After enhancements though she becomes incredible. There's a reason she ranks so damm highly on JP rankings.
Her song goes up to a 90% to all stats buff, not quite as powerful as Ramza's but it's a really good "full package" buff/heal song.
Aureole Ray becomes loving ridiculous at (IIRC) a720% multiplier on a 30-hit move. With another Lunera you can make stupid big chains right there.

And her one passive goes from 50% Mag/Spr with a bow equipped to a 150% Mag/Spr, which is kinda huge. It lets Lunera hit very respectable numbers, and all she needs is a bow (and her bow has 135 MAG on it!!)

I really wanted Lunera since I've never gotten a Ramza in these many many months. Got her on one 11-pull. After some research it turns out that she's totally better than Ramza in many aspects. She can be a buffer or a ridiculous magic nuker.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Free daily was Lunera #2

Really don't know how to feel about this. I already got her TM when I pulled that first one, and I don't use dupes in my teams so she won't be used for chaining.
I suppose I'll just keep her in my inventory... hopeful for the day that they implement a unit trading system (probably never happening)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

CyberLord XP posted:

Why don't you use dupes? Seems like a super random way to restrict yourself.

Just personally don't like em. Feels dull to me to use multiples of the exact same unit.
Even in games with a job system I don't use dupe jobs, everyone has to have their unique kit to bring to the table.

I only make an exception for mog king events. If it's bonus units I'll use dupes. Otherwise I'd rather mix it up.

Though dual Lunera's in arena sounds like a funny enough thing I could possibly make an exception there.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

So I beat Aigaion, it took me 6 hours.

Team was Wilhelm/Rikku/Tilith/Rem/Orlandeau and a friend Fryevia.
Honestly I was never in danger during the trial. Rikku and Wilhelm's LB charged very often thanks to Rikku's TM. It was mostly that friend Frye that contributed almost all the damage.
It just took most of the day to finish , but that was alright because at least it's done!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Rikku is actually very necessary for the thresholds (at 70%/50%/30%/10% I believe). Aigaion's thresholds just does so much damage it practically instakills the entire party. So her auto-raise is what makes them not that much of a hassle. I mean you could use Rem's auto-raise on Tilith then have Tilith full life the party.
Honestly wouldn't recommend it though. Rikku is just too good.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Could use some enhanced friend Ace help if anybody can post theirs.

I can put mine up, not the best equipped but he has tribeam +2 and spirit hand +2.

078 457 474

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I switched back to my Lunera. She's not super TM'd out but she's pretty good. If you just used my Ace though, it'll be a bit before you can use my unit again.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Free 11-pull got me the Fryevia that I've been looking for for quite some time now.
Feeling pretty good about my units. Aside from the Nier banner, I don't feel the need to chase too much.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Ramza' enhancements in JP absolutely trivialized so much content, they were way too good. I don't expect to see him get the enhancements for another couple months.

I will be enhancing my Marie and sharing her for this trial boss, so if anyone needs full status immunity with some wicked support, try her out!

And I'm pretty terrified, I have 40 tickets and 2 11-pulls to do on this banner. I skipped a bunch of pulls on the Veritas banner 'cause I need my waifus. I'm very doubtful I'll walk away from this banner happy though.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

41 tickets and two 11-pulls...
10x 21O
2x Eve
And one Aileen.

Seriously, gently caress you Eve. You only exist to keep 9S from showing up. I could deal with no A2 or 2B but this is infuriating.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

who else is spending their 10+1 ticket immediately tomorrow

Yes.
If I get the disappointment over as fast as possible I don't have time to have actual hopes for it being good.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

My 10+1 ticket got me Eve #4, an Ilias and Setzer. Then 8 blue pieces of trash.
But, I was ready for disappointment so really not upset by this.

Half-price pull being Kain though, that pisses me off. I got 5 Gungnirs during that Dragon Slayers raid, I don't want to see another Kain ever again.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

The NieR banner has given me my 2nd, 3rd and 4th Ilias all in the span of a couple days.
Dude really wants to be on my team.

Between that, and not seeing a Pod 153 moogle drop from the raid gacha in 3 days, I'm kinda fine with just not summoning for a while after this event ends. Just a lot of saving to do.

e: oh, and my 1/2 price today was Bedile.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

24 pulls.
One Aria and 3 Sara.
At least I got some bonus units to run the event with I guess?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I couldn't be happier with my EX tickets. Finally got Amelia and Orran.
Probably doesn't seem like much, but those two eluded me for quite some time (Amelia especially)

I wasn't expecting any rainbows, but I'm really happy to get two characters I've been looking for.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

anyone get 5k lapis?

better spend it fast

Was just about to post this.
Opened my game and immediately wondered why I suddenly had 5K more than I had this morning.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

My first message was somebody awakening a Wakka to 5* and I laughed. The next message was somebody pulling a Prishe and I was mad.

If you're on my friends list, then that was me with the Wakka!

I saw that someone on my friends got the Evade TM, had a small chuckle over seeing that.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I got Knight Delita from the 5* ticket, real tempted to use a 100% moogle on him. My Wilhelm would really love that armour.

The 10+1 ticket got me my first Werei, and the ex tickets got me my second. So I could start going for that TM at some point too.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

In my JP account, I got Reagen on step 3. So 3000 lapis in.
These step up banners are pretty much the best thing ever.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Ever since I got home from work, my game crashes as soon as I hit the vortex button.
It's really weird because before I left I had done some runs in the kingsglaive event.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced anything like this before. I really hope it works itself it before the Halloween event starts, I really don't want to miss out on that.
Edit: after downloading it on my phone, I can access the vortex there, but it's Kimd of glitchy looking. With the ayaka event banner basically overlapping the kingsglaive banner.

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 20, 2017

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Deleting the app and redownloading seems to have fixed the issue. Which I guess I should have tried first instead of the "redownload data" button on the title screen (which didn't fix anything at all)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

15 tickets on the Halloween banner. Only two banner units.
Black Cat Lid... and Grim Lord Sakura.
This is what I get for wishing for gold crystals. But I'll take it. Already enhanced Trance Terra, but I'll take another big Mage.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Well... to anyone that has multiple Lightnings, don't be so upset...

7* was announced in JP, and looks like Lightning is the first one.
To awaken a (5* base only) to 7* you need a dupe to turn into the awakening crystal for them.
And 7* Lightning gets a boost with her TM. (And dupes are necessary for the new 7* Super TMs)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

So I'm very confused. How do I fight Bahamut?
I made it to the summit. I have a couple rat tails.
Yet it tells me that I can't fly across the gap.

But the wiki says that going to the summit will have me asked to use a rat tail to fight Bahamut.

Edit: I'm a goddamn idiot....

(And while I'm posting, if anyone has a 100% dodge Soleil without RoL I would appreciate them putting it up. I can clear a friend slot if anyone has one I could use for the Skeleton King)

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 27, 2017

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

My 10+1 ticket was maybe one of the most dismal pulls I've ever seen in FFBE.

Garnet
2x Cyan
2x Miyuki
2x Jean
2x Guy
Vaan
Ulrica

Beat that!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I thought skeleton king was nerfed to not be able to MP drain and use his big MP-scaling moves in the same turn.

I've done about 8 attempts since the maintenance and I've wiped every time because he just loving annihilates me with that combo.

But unless I can get a 100% dodge friend Soleil (preferably without RoL but the tickets may not even be worth it anymore), I don't think this trial is happening. Nothing is working, I can get to around 40% but then he combos me to death.
(And I just don't have the gear to make my own dodger)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Went big on this banner, 'cause FF4 is very special to me and all that.

15K Lapis and 15 tickets netted me:
3x Scarmiglione
3x Rubicante

Like I honestly was at least hoping to walk away with Cagnazzo.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

10 tickets, all blue.
My two dailies so far, both blue.
2 4* tickets, Grace and Sylvia.

Just like on the Chinese New Year banner, Ling refuses to show up for me.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Got my Noctis finally off a 3* EX ticket (it only took 11 months to finally have him show up!!)
Bought up the bundles, the 10+1 ticket gave me my first Delita. And the 5* EX ticket finally gave me the Barbariccia that I pulled so hard for during that banner.

Today is a very very good day for me. I’m no longer salty about not being able to get Ling on the last banner.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

hamsystem posted:

Anyone have a 2B they could throw a pod/holy weapon/bunch of demon killer/ribbon or discernment on? I'm trying to finally kill the malboro trial but I lack the usual DPS options that aren't Setzer cheese.

I think I have you on my friends list?
I’m not sure. Just set my 2B up and put her on share.

078,457,474 if you need to send a request. I have a slot open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

10+1 ticket was a garnet, a king. My first, second AND third Amy and then some immediately fused 3* dupes.

But I got Mystea on my second ticket so I guess I call the summoning today a win. Back to saving for Cloud.

• Locked thread