Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I hope the new bundle is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
loving Trance Terra. :barf:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Armitage posted:

I'll trade you and I'm not even a fan of black magic users in this game.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anything her TM is best in slot for any caster or healer that doesn't have innate doublecast and her enhancements will put her as the top chaining damage mage in the game. Two T.Terras will burn through any physical resistant boss like aint no thing (before they die from the swift breeze that'll kill them both next turn)

You guys are right. I shouldn't be salty about pulling her as she's a pretty dope unit. I guess I had WAY too high hopes of pulling a Gilgamesh or Ramza. :p

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone able to unlock the secret raid stage yet? I did dance > insult with the whole party and nada.

Edit: Nevermind, I did it wrong:

quote:

For anyone who is still unaware, entering the Elt Mog King raid battle and selecting the "King's Play" ability unlocks "Royal Bad Mouth". Spamming this move until mog king leaves unlocks The Mog King's Counterattack.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
My buddy got Orlandeau on an 11 pull today. Congrats to all of y'all who managed to pull God with your free pulls today. You've won the game.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also I imagine Lightning's now obsoleted once I get my new pulls up to par.

I wager my standard team going forward is gonna be Orlandu/Freyvia/Refia/Rikku/Cecil? Vaan's probably gonna get his 6* soon, not sure if that's worth piling him in. CoD can also get looped in from time to time.

Looking at the tier list I'm pretty amazed I got three top tier units in my pulls today. It's almost like the game is rewarding me for coming back.

Vaan 6* is crap and your comp is solid.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Got Olive and Rikku and who cares after that. Totally fine with that. I pulled hard for Olive on her banner originally so that was a nice surprise.

Level up that beast LB yo! Grats dude, Olive is aaaaaaawesome.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Agreed. I'm always stoked for Raids and this one is mind bogglingly awful.

I've pulled a couple Mogs, but haven't seen a King Minitaur, and barely even seen any Gigantuars.

I guess they made the rewards crap because the boss doesn't actually attack you?

Didn't this raid come out really early in JP compared to where it came out in GL? IIRC, it was before even Ifrit? They probably just got lazy on the banner rewards and just reused it wholesale.

rabidsquid posted:

the sheen has worn off of aileen some now that i realize she's super loving hard to chain. one of the frequently unspoken things about the chaining meta is that it tends to presume you have two of any of the good chaining units, and, welp.

It's pretty well known (I think) that Aileen and Tidus are for macroers only. Which is why TGC is so loving sought after. Aileen is still sick though, and she's going to only get better.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm dumpstering this Mog gently caress. Turn 1 damage using a Shattering Shot chain:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Ever since the new update I am unable to connect to the game through wifi. Only through using my data (which really sucks)

Things I've tried:

Restart phone
re-install app
changing DNS servers

Is there anything else I could try?

It's a known issue. I think Gumi posted about it on FB.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

Oh that's good to know. Was wondering if my service provider did something on my end. I've been searching for solutions, but the only posts I found were months old. Thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll just wait for Gumi to fix their poo poo.

I found this posted on reddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6kfcvj/connecting_through_wifi_is_still_an_issue/

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ratzap posted:

I hit that 10+1 one time summon and got these:

Fohlen and Xon are the two 6 star capable, Garnet is new to me too. Any of them good or did I get stiffed (notice Fran snuck in there yet again)? I remember people in the thread talking about Xon, prioritize him?

I don't know if you're as sadistic as me when it comes to farming, but Fohlen and Yun also have passive Encounter % reduction skills which makes farming poo poo like megacrysts in Explorations a breeze. Stack on 4x Charm Bangles, Diabolos, and a Fohlen/Yun and you'll rarely fight anything when going through an Exploration.

I did like 400 Fire Shrine runs during the half energy cost event.

PS: gently caress Ring of Dominion. Just forget it exists.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So who can chain with Tidus?

Himself only so far.

Friendly reminder to all the newly minted Orlandeau owners: Weaker weapon (Genji Blade, etc.) in the left slot, Excalibur in the right slot to maximize Ruination damage.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Really? Even when elemental chaining with water weapons?

For perfect chains, unfortunately yes. Check out PaybackJack's post for non-perfect chaining compatibility.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Amazon coins on sale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ko1w9/whalesdolphinsminnows_15_back_on_amazon_coins/

quote:

The promotion started today to get 15% back on Lapis purchase if you use Amazon Coins. They said while supplies last, so I'm not quite sure if it will make it until the fourth of July (when it ends). Anyway, here's the current Amazon Coin prices on Amazon (in USD) for the curious:
500 coins = $4.90 (2% off)
1000 coins = $9.70 (3% off)
2500 coins = $24.00 (4% off)
5000 coins = $42.00 (16% off)
10000 coins = $81.00 (19% off)
50000 coins = $375.00 (25% off)
If you have an amazon credit card, you can add another 5% off to all of those tiers in reward points. The big deal here is the 50k coin tier which is 45% off if you count all of the discounts possible.

Ubiquitus posted:

I thought that's what friend units were for?

that's what friends are foooooooooor~

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

RustySporkinmyI posted:

I got Reberta as my free pull today! The second time I have received a random rainbow crystal after playing for about 100 days.

She's probably going to be useful for the event that's starting tomorrow. The last boss is a dragon.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

This game creates some hilarious sarcastic posts. This one I saw on FB.

That is glorious. Wakka is the first unit I've TMR'ed from pulling + fusing. Spent hella tickets chasing Tidus, ended up with ~25ish Wakkas and 6 Rikkus.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tiger Millionaire posted:

My 5* pulls have been Randi, 2x Luneth, DKC and a Greg, like, they're okay but I pulled 3 of those during tidus and orlandu banners I'm excluded from the chainer imperil meta :(

So many finishers! I'm guessing you run some 4* chainers like Setzer/Amelia/Chorizo?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
:siren: If you use an Android, this one simple trick will make you a CHAINING GOD. :siren:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lps83/possible_easy_manual_spark_chains_on_android_by/

I'm watching my roommate rip 47x SPARK chains with Tidus's Quick Hit, manually, like it's nothing. This is a legit gamechanger and makes Fryevia/Aileen/Tidus/Reberta/Vaan/Yun/Fohlen loving gods for us plebians who don't macro chains.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 7, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I've been playing for like a year, and I'm absolutely poo poo at chaining.

I think chaining is kind of what ascended the game beyond just a simple mobile game to me. Like, this is a decently deep game mechanically to begin with like any good RPG should be but when I discovered chaining with my wee lil' Edgars back in the day, it was like I was playing a whole new game. Some weird timing/fighting/RPG hybrid game and I loving fell in love and spent pretty much every moment from there trying to master chaining with my lovely units in Colosseum and stuff. Learning frame data, reading up on chaining compatability, and the loving payoff with the damage and animations just makes this game for me.

edit:

This could be you, all day every day, without needing macros, if you use Android:

MohShuvuu posted:

A perfect double Tidus chain is ridiculous.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 7, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

RustySporkinmyI posted:

What are you guys doing with all the extra moogles? I have completed 2 tms and I still have like a billion pulls left.

I would keep fusing them up for more TMR materias. They've added new materias that require multiples of the old materias to craft (e.g., all the FFXIV units' materias, Dragon Killer+) so there's strong precedent for stocking up on raid/FP materias.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Uh, this is the realest, best poo poo. Can get consistent 27hits with Fryevia now.

The chaining options this opens up is crazy. I think we're going to see a lot of Aileens, Fohlens, Yuns, Tiduses, Fryevias, etc. coming out of the friends list woodwork to replace Orlandeau with this newfound tip.

edit- To my fellow Evade lovers, I just stumbled upon this wiki page that lists all current evade units/materia/etc. like the list that was posted earlier in this thread:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dodge

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 7, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have a few open friend slots if anyone wants to be a fwend. New players welcome!

411 249 974
IGN: okeydoke

Currently rocking an Orlandeau with Spirit Slayer for raid stuff.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Hey I'm in a screenshot! :D

That Machine Killer I farmed up is about to pay dividends...

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 10, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

If possible, I'd remove Orlandeau if I could slot in someone with more utility options while still retaining 999x2 damage output.

6* Laswell could be an option if you like the idea of a unit doing 999x4 in exchange for some utility.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Anyone else jumping on the Primeday coins deal? I'm on the site but can't find the code.

edit: Doesn't seem to be up for the US yet.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 11, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
So this crazy fucker on my friends list:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Rocketpriest posted:

Oh man, woke up this morning to the fan fest rewards, decided to pop those Ex tickets, and who should appear?

And just look what I saved because somehow I still have the ability to hope:

Sweet validation, and I guess Lightning is kicked off my team already :lol:

I guess I'm moving two more Inguses into my tmr party immediately

Fryevia AND 20 freed up unit slots? You win man.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

My rerolling hell is over!

I got cid/rikku/ashe x2/wol/lightning/amelia... forget what else. Decided to call it quits here.

edit: for those of you thinking of rerolling - this was the first cid I ever saw, I'd estimate about 1000 rolls to get it.

That's a disgustingly good roll. Have fun!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

For those of you with Emperor, congratulations, you have the best way to kill Aigaion.

For those of us without, put him up if you could?

Explanation: Fire From Below stacks to an absurd 2200%. you want to single target this trial, otherwise T.Terra and Ace would be pretty dang good here. (Ace still is for that fire imperil).

Now, the slow way that gets you the No Magic mission: Fire From Below, stack to cap, kill body first since you'll be doing far more than Right Arm can heal.

Fast Way: Abusing a bug. SO, the spell stacking code is obscenely broken, in that the spell stack multiplier is the actual data stored, nothing else. Once again, stack Fire From Below to max cap. Now, using that sweet Comet TMR you've picked up from fusing a million galoofs, dualcast Comet at Fire From Below's stacked multipler, watch rocks fall and body dies.

Oh man, I'm doing this. I'll put up an Emperor when the trial hits.

edit: Ugh, I have to farm Comet.

edit2: But why Comet? It looks like it has a lower multiplier than FFB?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

because of the bug, the Fire From Below multipler of 2200% is APPLIED TO COMET. :o so dualcasting that makes things explode.

e: My current plan for Aigaion goes as thus:

Wilhelm: Make sure he has highest ATK and HP possible, try to survive the FIST OF JUSTICE.
Lightning: Twin Lance and Barrage (oh baby breaking out the OLD SCHOOL materia), just here to build LB crystals every round for thirty minutes of bopbopbopbop
Rikku: Reraise. Duh.
Tilith: Healing of course.
Ace: Fire Imperil from Tri-Beam Laser, Spirit Hand
Friend Emperor: Fire From Below

Oooh, the Dualcasting part was what I missed. Got it and appreciate the Pro Tip. Time to finish off Galoofy.

I'll put up Emperor for you and if you could be so kind to put up Wilhelm for me. :D

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 12, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That friend of mine who finished Ring of Dominion swapped over to Orlandeau to show off a little (and it's well loving earned). 1073 ATK true BiS Orlandeau:

edit: Not true BiS actually. BiS would be two RoDs... And Fohlen's helm?

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 12, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

EX tickets got me 2 Amelias back to back. Now have 3. Not sure what to do, use all of them in Arena with Ricochet maybe? Otherwise the rest was trash like Lawrence, Sabin and Cyan...
Saved the 4* EX ticket because the 4* pool is gonna expand significantly once the Veritas hit and I might as well try an extra chance at one of those.

If you want to be a complete dickhead, you should max your Amelias out at 4* level 60 and keep them there. Stick them in your arena team and they'll have like a 33% chance of using AoE stop.

I went against a team with a single 4* Amelia and got loving wrecked.

I pulled a 2nd one from the EX tickets too and that's my plan for her.

Tengames posted:

i haven't gotten a single gold off the daily pulls so far, despite getting 7 off the ex tickets.

got a rainbow though.

:eyepop: Grats dude!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Yea, 300%. A few casters hit or exceed it due to how loving amazing Letters & Arms is.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Get all equipment every time always.

Except for the stuff that's obviously geared towards new players like sub-40 ATK non-element weapons. But even if you just bought every item all the time, you would be making the right decision 90%+ of the time. Even those weird 10% mixed stat materias turned out to be hella useful with Expeditions.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 13, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Why oh why did I pick this year of all years to swap from Android to iOS.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Why? The zoom thing? You can do that on iOS as well.

I haven't seen anything actually work on iPhone 7. They do work for the older ones though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Peachfart posted:

My first 2 rainbows were Amarant and Chizuru.

My first rainbow came nearly 300 days after I started.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is this poo poo serious, 100% resistance to every element but holy.

Famfrit is +100% Light but yea, that didn't stop Orlandeau on King Mog.

e: Dur, KM is +50% only.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
New arena team, my first major arena team change since I slotted in 4x Exdeath in the first month of arena.

4* Amelia to troll the poo poo out of people. 100% Evade Noctis, 30% Evade TTs, Ribbons/Discernments all around, no Espers equipped as to not dilute the ability pool, and cancer weapons Razmatazz, Fairy's Claw, and Sleep Dagger equipped. Wish I could somehow incorporate the Confuse hammer and harp.

I'm sorry y'all. :(

edit: Math says you have a 36% chance of eating at least 1 DW stop against this team.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 18, 2017

• Locked thread