Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Friday will be a good day for newbies since that freebie 10+1 ticket will make rerolling for solid units much more viable and less soul-crushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

That is the jp list.

All the more reason it shouldn't be in the OP. New players aren't going to know what enhancements mean and someone will pull something like Agrias, and if they don't mention it in here they'll think they got a good unit when she's currently outclassed severely and will probably remain as such for the next few months.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Sitting on about 300% worth of moogles right now. Sorely tempted to feed 65% of that to Roselia for her TM for Tilith and 100% will go to Rikku unless I don't pull her with the 80+ tickets and 22k lapis I have.

Skyridge posted:

I'd actually be ok with a Delita simply for his TM. Of course, admitting that has resigned me to a Lightning.

Congrats on your upcoming Queen!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Supposed to start at 11 Pacific, but servers apparently exploded, everyone's getting the connection error. I was hoping to get two more Brave Frontier runs in, alas.

I'm just under 160k ore so I'll likely not be able to hit 160k to get 2 purecrysts. What 1 purecryst and 2 giancrysts are worth getting?

Comedy option: Spend all 150k+ on evo materials. :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^^ Max LB Olive is amaaaaaaaaaazing. I still don't have ideal timing to get all 5 of her LB hits to land during the max damage of a DR chain but it's close and when they all do line up holy poo poo do things melt. I think my best damage during Titan was 10-11m in a single turn.

Servers are on fire and I can't log in? Definitely an anniversary event on a game run by Gumi. :v:

Mad Fnorder posted:

Game is up. 5* pull was:
Ramza, Fang, Guy, Lani, Sice, Bartz, Sabin, Cecil, Ulrica, Celes, Amarant.

I think it's the worst thing I could have imagined! You folks better be grateful that I took this one out of the pool.

:wtc: I'd take Ramza as a 5* without question. Brave Suit is amazing and with enhancements Ramza is a support god.

DaveWoo posted:

Got Reberta with my 5* 10+1 pull, and Rikku with my free 10+1 pull. Pretty satisfied with both of these.

Just to check, I should totally get Rikku's TM reward, right? Are there any Trust Moogles for her in the King Mog Raid Summon?

Rikku's TM is really good for her since it includes a party-wide +200 LB fill rate which also helps to ensure you can just have her LB any time someone doesn't have auto-raise or the def buff, and her AOE status removal also gets rid of stone (so she's the ideal ribbon-wearing support in your arena team too).

Ghostnuke posted:

Did I win?

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/ghostnuke/media/Screenshot_20170629-111112_zpsphuo33xa.png.html

edit: gently caress it, I can't figure out how to post pics anymore

The first step is to use imgur since photobucket is garbage.

Quality Control posted:

Well, my free 10+1 trolled me with Queen but my paid made up for it.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Office Thug posted:

I was able to log in for like 5 minutes before "Data retrieval failed because the servers are busy" closed my game. During that time I spent the 10+1 ticket, free pull, and one-time 5000 lapis 10+1 (and literally all my luck) and got these beauties:

10+1 ticket: WoL
Free Pull: Riku
10+1 one-time: Tidus and Amelia

My current good 6-star units are 2 Fohlens and Tilith. I'm wondering if I should add Tidus and Riku to that or go full-idiot tank with WoL and Riku?

Edit: The two Fohlens have absolutely zero issue killing stuff by chaining Sonic Blast. The problem I'm facing is mostly from magic spam from bosses. Fohlen can dodge literally everything that has a physical damage component but as soon as it's pure elemental (like in the case of Maxwell) he'll go down like a sack of potatoes.

Fohlen/Fohlen/Tidus/Tilith/WoL is your ideal "dunk this poor bastard" setup. WoL to DEF break, Tilith to buff, Fohlens to chain and Tidus to finish.

You want all 3 of them at 6* though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Free daily pull: Bediled
Free 10+1 pull: Zyrus #2 and #3, a bunch of other junk/dupes (like Agrias # 8 or so) and my first Garland. :confuoot:
Guaranteed 5* pull: Rem! Could've been worse. I never bothered to get her gently caress You Arena materia though. :sigh:

Rikku chase time, starting at 88 tickets:
Wakka
Kuja
Wakka
Penelo
Rydia
Exdeath
GOLD! ...King (maybe I should farm a Resolve TM for Tilith or someone else?)
Wakka
GOLD! :toot: RIKKU :toot:

I still have 79 tickets and 19k Lapis. Bring on a Player's Choice whale banner.
(I'm not going to chase Tidus because I already have Olive so I'm not hurting for a finisher or damage in general)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So even with atk/mag break King mog in the challenge just OHKOs most of my party with meteor. And he loving loves to use it because it shows up in about 80% of the combat rounds.. :sigh:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well my guaranteed pull got me... Orlandu? I assume that's good.

And then fished RIkku out from the FFX banner. Blew a few more tickets to get Tidus but only got a Wakka to show for it.

I presume just pump resources into getting Orlandu and then Rikku up? Haven't played this game in months.

Yes. Orlandu and Rikku are your top priority.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

And now I crash when I try to get back in to a fight that I crashed in. Get your poo poo together Gumi you worthless fucks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

RNG, a short story:

me: "you know, forgetting to LB pot Rikku at 4* sucks, and I kinda want Tidus. I think I'll throw 10 tickets at the gacha for them.
Ticket 1: blue to GOLD! Rikku #2
Ticket 2: GOLD to RAINBOW?! :woop: HOLY poo poo IT'S TIDUS :woop:

fin

Currently sitting at 81 tickets and a bunch of Lapis.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

Here's a dude clearing one of the most difficult 10 man content in FFBE with a team of 3* and 4* (Yshtola doesn't count she's free)

I can't read Japanese but how many TMs are those units using?

Astrochicken posted:

Had a bunch of tickets and went ahead and got an extra 10+1. Pulled my first 5 base Freyvia, four wakkas in a row, and a tidus on my last ticket. Im happy.

As you should be because both of those units are amazingly good.

Kheldarn posted:

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain? Oh, and I guess I should swap out TT for Marie? So, a brand new team of WOL, Rikku, Marie, Noctis, and Rem?

Rain is worthless since you'll be using WoL who has better (aoe) breaks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

new kind of cat posted:

best off-hand for tidus -- is camilles tmr aqua blade best in slot or am i better off with the ol genji blade/blade master combo?

aqua blade would free up a materia spot where dual wield once was. does the elemental damage outweigh the raw attack stat loss? could make up some of those numbers with another shine tmr once it's done cooking.

His TM gives the same element, so genji+mastery is better IMO.

fullTimeLurker posted:

Where exactly does Rikku fit in a team comp? Does she take the support role like a Ling does? Or does she replace Tillith as a healer?

She's a support role. She can't heal anywhere near enough to take the healer role. For example, on King Mog I'm running:

Orlandu - chain
Olive - finisher
WoL - tank
Rikku - support
Tilith - healer

First turn is, barring debuff issues, Synthesis/Arms Eraser/Celestial Light/Divine Ruination/Shattering Shot (or guard, because meteor can OHKO Olive).
Second turn is Hyper NullAll/True Shot/Divine Ruination with Tilith healing as needed and WoL using a tank skill, or Armor Eraser if Olive guarded the prior turn.

After that it's just a matter of killing the boss because with Hyper NulAll everyone takes maybe 3k from Meteor, and I think Mog would have to focus down someone with melee attacks to kill them. And that person would have to not be WoL (with his 100% taunt) or guarded by WoL.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

20/20 for Tidus's LB and he should go to 24/25 with the burst pot and King Burst pot from the king mog rewards. Gonna enjoy that 100% water imperil, and with Rikku in the party giving him a 400% LB fill rate the odds of it being ready by turn 2 is pretty high. Apparently you have a 1-2 frame window to perfect chain him though, which is kinda rough (but perfect chains do obscene damage even compared to Orlandu, especially with 100% water imperil).

Logged in to find my missing Ruler's Ring in my list of gifts too. Only a 1atk loss to use it instead of Ifrit's claw on Orlandu but it lets me put the claw on Olive in place of an Icy Vein for a sizeable atk boost to her. :toot:

PaybackJack posted:

Aqua Blade is better in my opinion 1) if you want to run a 100% dodge Tidus

This is a good point. Aqua Blade lets you still have water element and use the Kiyomori from Orlandu's FFT event for more dodge. He comes with 30% dodge baked in so hitting 100% dodge without it should still be pretty doable though.

hamsystem posted:

Was having trouble with Mog counterattack, got WoL and Rikku leveled and it is now a joke. The hype is real y'all.

Hyper NulAll is amazing. I went back in to the ELT Maxwell fight last night with my king mog team (swapped out Orlandu for Fryevia) and the Rikku effect is very, very real. Maxwell hit Fryevia with Destiny and she didn't die due to Hyper NulAll (since it's only 100% in ELT and not 160% I guess?) and on turns where she didn't have her atk buff she was lucky to do more than a couple hundred damage to people since WoL ate most/all of the physical attacks.

At least this run properly gave me credit for the esper kill so I got the king burst pot for Tidus.

Servaetes posted:

It would be cool if they didn't give out the tiny rear end cactuar or the turtles from the raid summon because that poo poo is pure clutter.

As long as they're taking the place of crafting mats or magicite I'm fine with them. I need xp for Tidus, Rem, and a couple others.

PaybackJack posted:

Wilhelm only has buffs unfortunately, WoL has some of the best breaks available. His Eraser skills are great, and totally outshine Full Break. He's firmly in the #1 breaker spot right now.

Who can break stats better than him at 45%? I know Elza has the best DEF/SPR break (at 50%). Who else has 50%, or better, breaks? Anyone?

Fryevia's Ice Age is -50% ATK, Olive's Shattering Shot is -50% DEF/Lightning Res. Elza's enhancements make me hopeful that we'll see something similar for Shattering Shot. Having even -60% DEF/Resist would be considerable.

I'd almost be tempted to level Delita for his enhancements but, eh, Delita. :geno:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Toss me an add if we're not already friends, I need more Tidus to practice chaining because drat it's a tight window.

763, 793, 980

My Tidus isn't leveled yet and I still have Orlandu up as my leader. I've sent you a request in the meanwhile, though I'm not sure if I'll swap Tidus in as my leader since I have few on my friends list still and no shortage of 950+ atk Orlandu buddies.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Not many TMR weapons afaik. Tidus' TMR Brotherhood, Camille's TMR Aqua Blade, and Mercedes's TMR Viking Axe are the big three ones I can recall.

Trident as well, for spear users.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also because of how magic works it takes into account both of your weapons at the same time, while with physical they are calculated individually per attack.

But after enhancements she wont really use alterna anymore. Chaos Wave spamming with a friend is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL. Perfect chained CW hits harder than even double elemental chain piledrivers and their windows is far more forgiving than that. Its also non elemental which is less likely to gently caress you over, its aoe and enemies USUALLY have less SPR than DEF meaning it hits harder per se.

Big weakness is still not being able to exploit killer effects, but we already got a rod with 75% extra damage to dragons on global, hopefully they add more poo poo like that.

Big weakness is that non-elemental means you aren't hitting the chain damage cap quickly (if at all) unlike the melee chainers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Damnit Anniversary Raid event

you went and ignored the greatest Quality of Life Upgrade the Titan Raid did, and thats summon a shitload at the sametime instead of 1000 each

Didn't someone say this is getting fixed/changed to 5000 per summon next patch?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tidus sitting at level 95. I guess I'll take a break from the TM grind to have him run some explorations for EXP since with an Orlandu (or Tidus) buddy the two of them should have no problems. What's the best exploration to get xp in these days, shrine interior in Gronoa?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see. Does that mean Tidus is actually not good then? Since it seems like big damage is predicated on solely chaining.

Tidus has an extremely small window to perfectly chain apparently. Something like 1-2 frames while Orlandu and others are more forgiving, hence the mention on reddit and elsewhere about using a macro to chain tidus quick hits. That said, a perfect chaining pair of Tidus dual wielders with water weapons will completely overshadow Orlandu on damage against an imperiled target, especially if the target just got -100% water resist from a leveled LB. Orlandu gets to do full damage starting in the first round and without interruption though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

fullTimeLurker posted:

That's what pisses me off about the stupid TM system. Those Growth eggs would be REALLY good if you got them at the beginning of the game where not only cactaurs, but money is in short supply so enhancing can cause you to go broke. But by the time you're farming TM's regularly, you have infinite money and infinite cactaurs, so those XP TM's are stupid and a waste of time.

They should really make some of the older TM's easily farmable. Maybe have them show up in the friend summon or something. That way they'd at least get used.

Adding TM moogles for them as part of a raid event, like we had with Kain and Firion with the Bahamut raid. Though even them some TMs (lol barrage) would be pretty bad and worthless.

Having them as part of a FP summon, even if it cost 5-10x as many FP per unit to pull, would be nice as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Either most people aren't bothering with the raid or they're all farming ELT because I'm hanging around the 1000-1500th place while 2-3 rounding the challenge level.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HGH posted:

Huh, you made me look at my characters now and speaking of faulty descriptions, Noctis' Warp Break now says "Enables Close Quarters Warp" but does no such thing.

That's because they removed it for global since Noctis being full strength back when he was first added would've been incredibly overpowered. Hopefully they give us his full strength soon because the game's catching up to the point Japan was at.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Everyone is leaving out that mercedes for how well she plays with Tidus

He doesn't have Tidus's TM so Mercedes isn't quite as valuable. Overall the other units are more useful.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^^ you should get access to it and run it, even if you only do the "cast 3 spells then use escape" trick to 'win' since you'll get 100 lapis for clearing it plus a bunch of coins for clearing two of the objectives.

AegisP posted:

Dinged from a levelup, did 5 more Counterattack raid orbs...and climbed as high as 719.

Is nobody running this raid? Or is nobody running Counterattack? Cause man, I'm going to need to adjust my expectations for raid rewards upwards at this rate.

I fully expect to get the top 5k prize without issue, possibly top 1k if people stop farming.

And at the current raid level, counterattack gives 3.8k mog coins. That's going to be a ridiculous amount of summons. I had around 500k coins to burn after the titan event and at this current rate I'll probably have 750-800k from King Mog. :psypop:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Enjoy doing those 1000 at a time!

It's getting changed to 5000 at the next downtime (supposedly) and I have a Nox macro setup for raid summons either way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, if you give her Dual Wield, Equip Spear, and two Moogle Spears, you only need two crystals...

And if you add Mog Rise from getting 21 Moogles...

The +1 LB gauge stuff isn't affected by LB boost stuff though, is it?

AegisP posted:

I'm just going with Overdrive & Rikku's TMR's +200% buff. That's +300% which means she should need 4 total crystals to fill the bar.

Edit: I guess it's technically +400% with her passive 100% bonus fill rate, but crystals don't round so it's still 4 and not 3.

I haven't checked in this game, but in Brave Frontier it just added up and then dropped and fractions after the crystals were collected for the round. So if you had a 25% fill rate and got 8 crystals you ended up with 10 gauge while 10 crystals ended up at 12 gauge and the 0.5 was lost. I'd imagine it works the same in this otherwise the 50% fill rate stuff would be worthless unless you equipped at least 2 of them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hagie posted:

I think I have changed my TM team 15 times since about 10pm yesterday...

So many decisions. So much getting talked out of.

I'm only 2-5% away from finishing Ribbon #2 and Wisdom #1 and I'm torn between loading up a TM grind team with 5 Leons for Tidus or working on other stuff. I'm thinking Leon's TM comes next, with Amelia and Lawerences being added to the grind after that so that I can put the demon mail on Tidus, a breastplate on Orlandu, and Amelia's TM on Olive.

Current TM team also includes units like Grace, since her TM is one of the better/best options I have for Fryevia, but I think I might just bench her because I'd need to grind out both letters and arms, among other things, to make my Fryevia comparable to Orlandu (or Tidus) outside of phys-resistant content like Maxwell.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HGH posted:

Snowpetal is kinda weird in that it's a reference to a really strong attack from SaGa games, which makes me wonder if we'll get crossover from that some day.

Red as a 5* base with his 6* being Alkaiser and his TM being the Alkaiser suit that unlocks its moves when used by Red like the Ring of Lucii does for Nocits... :shepspends:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I use a dummy account, but every other day on Reddit, somebody posts a Facebook horror story. I figure if it ever happens to me and I'm unsuccessful in gaining my account back, well then it was meant to be...

(And my wallet will thank me for it.)

Use valid information for the account and maybe a (bad) photo of yourself. Most of those horror stories are "I made a completely blank account that looked empty and fake" which probably tripped something on FB's end. The account I use contains information I can recall if I need to, rather than just being random BS.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

After some more TMR grinding, here is where my Fryevia is now :

(With Letters and Arms x3 and Equip Rod)

I think the only TMR that I could grind that could help out is magistral crest, and vanille is now on my TMR team so that will happen eventually.

Since her chain move is hybrid damage wouldn't Power of Creation be better than Letters and Arms since it's 30% to atk/mag instead of just the mag boost, or does L&A still manage to be more useful because lol hybrid skills?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Bracer finished and Leon #3 joins the TM Squad. Olive's up to 1133atk now. :toot:

Thinking of dropping Grace for another Leon to get Dark Knight Soul sooner. Grace's TM would be really nice for Fryevia (or maybe even Tilith due to more MP and SPR) but she's not a default member of my main squad since it's currently Orlandu/Olive/Rikku/Tilith/WoL. I guess in pure dps mode it'd still be Orlandu/Tidus/Fryevia/Olive/Tilith though.

Nuebot posted:

I already have 97 relics this week. I thought it would be slightly difficult to consistently get the 120, but so far this is a super easy free ticket and moogle each week. I love this exploration poo poo. By the time I'm done getting this week's moogle I should have enough to make my first exploration equip.

I had 212 last week when it rolled over and then immediately turned in 4 quests for a dozen more. Hit 120 this morning. Averaging 200 per week means people will have the 40% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR materia around mid November, and 30% in early October. Can't wait! :shepface:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ok lets flash forward a few months.

Greg is a passable finisher if you dont have:

1)Sage Sakura
2)Noctis
3)2B
4)Cloud
5)Olive
6)Yuna
7)Luneth
8)Balthier
9)Lucii T.Terra
10)Flame Veritas
11)Nyx
12)FI Lasswel
13) Kevin
14)Garnet

Im going to say this last banner/event has been a godsend and I will never complain about this game ever again (Until I fail horribly to pull Sage Sakura)

I'd rather have White Lotus Fina, but I think that applies to everyone.

Kheldarn posted:

Topps did that with their Star Wars Collectable Cards app. It's not a game. You just get digital versions of the old Topps trading cards. Then, they take a few, add dumb filters to them, and only "release", like, 100.

Even if players (and governments like Japan's) didn't lash out severely at it it would be against a developer's best interest to do that because as soon as all the units are pulled nobody else is going to spend money chasing it and anyone who spent money after the unit limit was hit and they weren't warned off would be a potential legal liability.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Free daily pull went gold for the first time, hello Rikku #3. :v:

rabidsquid posted:

yeah that guy called himself a dolphin but spending $900 on the game at all is whaling, let alone on one banner

"I spent $300 multiple times and $900 on this one banner" meaning they've probably dropped 2 grand on the game is definitely a (lower end) whale. I know people spend multiple thousands regularly on games like Mobile Strike and Clash of Clans and in those games I'm pretty sure their "whale" labels don't start until $5000 or so, possibly $10000 depending on the game. Even FFRK's whale program involves something like spending several thousand dollars IIRC.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Only 2% until my 2nd dual wield finishes. I'm still iffy on Tidus but with his LB's -100% water resist debuff he does terrible, terrible things to enemies.

Jawdins posted:

Thanks, I'm saving lapis for a big 11 pull to try and get a 4* chainer. Is Rikku a good chainer or should I just pull on the standard summon?

You want Rikku. She can work as a chain unit but she's absolutely amazing as a support.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ugato posted:

Tidus is slightly more awkward than others but he's still perfectly fine as a high end dps. He doesn't have quite the same level of synergies some of the best top tier units have but he has an absurdly strong imperil for his own damage type, his TMR is the best weapon in its weapon category and hits his imperiled element innately. If you have one and don't have two Orlandus you should probably use him.

I just have the one Orlandu (and a bunch of Orlandu buddies).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Threw 10 tickets at the banner, got 4 Vaans and my 4 gold crystals were leon, hope, zyrus, and some other off-banner dupe I forget already. There's no goddamn way getting on-banner units is a 50/50 chance when it comes to 4 stars.

fullTimeLurker posted:

Which heroes should I use for Chaining?

I currently have:

2 Amelias
4 Setzers
1 Orlandeau

Not sure who I want. I mean Orlandeau is pretty good as long as I have a friendleau with me.

Orlandeau. He's better than those other two by a significant margin and a pair of them will do shitloads of damage on their own. Make lots of friends.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

suuma posted:

Pulled a 3rd Amelia today, I think I'm supposed to start caring about Arena now.

Native (gun) dual wield and an AOE stop ability makes her really good. I have her and a dual wielding Lasswell in my arena team this week due to no black magic. I'm strongly considering leveling my 2nd Amelia because those ribbon-wearing whale teams can't resist Stop. Even just one Amelia using her high hit count AOE last week would occasionally fill my esper gauge entirely. Which then lead to me using Odin to instantly KO the survivors who didn't have a genji shield or safety bit. :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Office Thug posted:

Also, Tiamat is a horrible lovely fight unless you can kill it in one turn. Why would you give this fucker Stop AND Petrify AND 6 moves per turn :negative:

Orlandu solos it with DR while my 4 3* Vaans and a random buddy look on. :shrug:

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Spent all my tickets trying to get Rasler for his tm, got queen'd instead. At least her tm is ok-ish?

Wisdom is a really good TM. While evasion's great for some gimmick setups sometimes you simply want your DPS to have 6-7k+ HP. I'll eventually TM grind my 2nd Queen but the first one's TM was very welcome on my sub 5k HP Olive (as was the Bracer that finished the same day).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

My Orlandu's still using spirit killer but he's had Odin on the entire time. I hover around 1.1-1.3k spending most of my orbs and I'm sitting on over 800k raid coins atm.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

for those with iphones you can use zoom to chain

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lps83/possible_easy_manual_spark_chains_on_android_by/djwys2t

do those steps and resize the zoom window as flat as you can, and position it over the two units e.g. third and sixth slots

you can activate/deactivate the zoom window using three finger double taps

greater magnification makes it easier but i've been consistently full chaining orlandu with the zoom slider halfway

Or just use two fingers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nuebot posted:

What is a full orlandeu chain? I can get like 25 or more with 3 orlandeus going. I assume that's bad.

DR hits 7 times, so if both Orlandus are dual wielding they'll hit 28 times for a 27 hit chain.

For your Olive's timing, have her attack first and after her goggles drop over her eyes, tap both orlandus right before she fires and her hit will land late in the DR chain, well after it's at the max damage multiplier. The timing for her LB is a little harder if you want to get all the hits to land at/near max damage but having the Orlandus fire off DR right before she fires her mortar will generall ensure all 5 hits land in the chain (giving a 32 hit chain total) and the first hit lands 6-7 hits in to the DR chain which isn't max damage but close enough and ensures you didn't fire too late for the 5th hit to count in the chain.

I'm not sure how hard my Olive hits Mog with True Shot on turn 2 (shattering shot turn 1) but I know it's well over a million damage, I think it's around 1.3m or so but I never get a clear view of it in the DR number spam.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I'll have to report back on my chaining results now that I know this hot tip. I was always trying to get her to hit at the end of everything, not after the max combo.

Feels good, man.

Unless the game's changed, you hit the max multiplier after 10-11 hits in an elemental chain, so the majority of a perfect Orlandu chain is all the same multiplier which is part of what makes him such a crazy good chain unit (aside from the insane damage DR puts out on its own).

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hated Vaan enough before from how own game before I got 5 loving copies of him over the past 3 days, totalling 50% of all my draws since Friday.

2 or 3 of my free pulls have been Vaan as well. I'm happy(?) to know it's not just me.

Drakes posted:

Guranteed 5* on my r33 account was lightning so that bummed me old hard, decided to reroll alittle..

Started with oliver/zarg from first 17 pulls, then saved up for 5k that got noctis, burnt rest of tickets for luneth.

Save for the Veritas banner and if you pull Dark Veritas I'm not sure you'd need to pull for anything (aside from TMs if you felt the need) until White Lotus Fina or the next game breaking GE exclusive(s).

Xenothral posted:

Oh right on. I'll probably give the spear I put on him to Gilgamesh instead then.

Here's the party I'm working with right now... Only ones I think I want to actually keep in it are Wilhelm and Gilgamesh, everyone else is just kinda there because :shrug: just don't know who else to put in the party. I dunno if I even have anyone worth swapping in in place of the other three.

Ashe is fine for now (one of her moves is a decent chain skill and healers your party) but Grace you'll want to replace with a good attacker and Rosa with a good healer eventually. Lasswell might be better than Grace for damage dealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gonna say, expeditions might be a silly waste of time to set up every few hours but if they keep the rates as they are its essentially another free ticket and 5% moogle every week.

Getting a 40% atk/def/mag/spr materia once or twice a year is handy too.

• Locked thread