Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All in all this brave frontier event wasn't bad at all. I got like a power and black magic pure crysts, took out all of the power and black magic giantcrysts, stock up on 6* mats, got all the tickets, the 10% moogle and I'm going to get all cactuars to feed my WoL once he awakens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren:
This means Vargas and Elza are in the pool for the 5* guaranteed pull for one day! Plan accordingly...

Not gonna pull till tomorrow then

Its extremely risky trying to buy things when the servers are hosed anyways because this game will eat your money and not give your lapiz if the connection fails

e- I actually used my 4* ticket on the FFX banner...HOPED AGAIN

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Actually I went ahead and did the 5* pull...after losing HOPE because of the 4* ticket and it was....MY SECOND EILEEN!

HOLY poo poo! A yellow in the pull also turned out to be Rikku!

Im done, my team is fight. WoL, Tillith, Rikku and 2x Eileen. DONE. I've won FFBE

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im going to throw money at Gumi/Alim in celebration. That moogle and those lapiz are going to fuel my eileens TM farming.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I got Noctis today. Who should he replace on my team? Dark Fina, Gilgamesh, or Chizuru? I have Cecil and Tilith on my team as well if that helps at all.

Chizuru probably. Its not like you are chaining anything right now without gilgameshs enhancements and noctis can act as a breaker to enhance your other members output.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

loving Trance Terra. :barf:

If anything her TM is best in slot for any caster or healer that doesn't have innate doublecast and her enhancements will put her as the top chaining damage mage in the game. Two T.Terras will burn through any physical resistant boss like aint no thing (before they die from the swift breeze that'll kill them both next turn)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

In my 10+1 super pull, I got a Reberta and Greg. Greg is supposed to be pretty nice with his enhancement, right?

I thought I remembered reading Reberta will chain with Orlandu. Is that right, or did I make that up?

Greg becomes a legit chainer with his enhancements. Only weakness he has is that he doesn't have innate imperils baked into his attacks.

rabidsquid posted:

i got Eileen. no Rikku, but i did get an Amelia, and Agrias 7, 8, and 9. that's how many i have now, not lifetime Agrias pulls.

how important is Eileens TM? i have a ton of moogles sitting around but not enough to 0-100 it i think
Super important unless you can find another way of giving her earth element into her attacks. That way you dont waste a turn doing groundwork to get earth element for the natural imperil on her piledriver. It becomes even more important post enhancements because she gets 50% extra attack when she has a spear on and you need to give her a katana,sword or GS to maximize damage with materias.

vvvv
I need to 6* another Eileen as well as WoL and Rikku. I had surplus of king cactuars, not anymore. And without an easy moogle exchange event I wont have enough materials for them either.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I still cant loving believe that out of all the base 5* the game actually gave me the one I wanted and needed most. The game shat on me on the daily pull, on the free 10+1, on the 4* ticket and all the other normal ones and then 5+ 10+1 gave me not only the Eileen that I need to transition to a physical base chain meta but the Rikku I needed for support as well. I need 2 veritas of wind for their TMs, and one Mistair for the upcoming trials that need an AoE magic tank. Outside of that I really dont need anything else.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wish I could throw my units into a blender to get their mats back. Fuuuuuck, Rikku uses the same quantity types of enhancement materials as Eileen. I MIGHT be able to scrounge up the mats for one of them through what crimson stones I have left.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Oh, forgot we had a free 10+1 pull.

Got... Fryevia? Man I can't keep up with all these new units. I presume her + Orlandu is a good team.

I dont think they chain well together but as of right now, when fully geared, they are both unarguably the strongest chainers in the game.

VVV
Welp

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Challenge moogle is no joke. Beat it but he would constantly drop my team to critical. Tilith cant pull double duty as both a healer and a buffer in these cases since she was lock into healing the party every single round.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

It's more that people's attitudes went from "Hey, you can use these guys and clear 85% of the content." to "Holy poo poo, the game is clearing all the content, and if you don't have these specific awesome characters; you might as well kill yourself."

That OP was written back in November when we were bright eyed and hopeful for the future. We'd barely had any base 5s and Lightning was still on top of the mountain. Now we're older, wiser, and know that if you want to survive you need a party of base 5s and a few select base 4s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

Here's a dude clearing one of the most difficult 10 man content in FFBE with a team of 3* and 4* (Yshtola doesn't count she's free)

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 29, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

For fucks sake Gumi remove the small cactuars and gil turtles from the raid coin list. This raid is absolute poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He's not using any TMs, all his materia and gear are easy to get event/story gear.

Thats why you USUALLY have a friend unit take that slack. Problem is no one uses Eileen friends because she's still not horribly OP without her enhancements. Once she does get them though.

That being said, I didnt had issues chaining her with my dual T.Terras, but thats mostly because T.Terras chaos waves last forever and its a nice steady stream of hits that makes it almost impossible not to chain with everything else.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 30, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

RNG, a short story:

me: "you know, forgetting to LB pot Rikku at 4* sucks, and I kinda want Tidus. I think I'll throw 10 tickets at the gacha for them.
Ticket 1: blue to GOLD! Rikku #2
Ticket 2: GOLD to RAINBOW?! :woop: HOLY poo poo IT'S TIDUS :woop:

fin

Currently sitting at 81 tickets and a bunch of Lapis.

Followed your example and gave the gatcha gods 2 tickets just because "Well at worst I might get another waka and hell, he'll be useful for the king mog event in like 6 months". Got a tidus too.

I genuinely think something is hosed with the rates.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 30, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

new kind of cat posted:

so here was my thinking behind it -- brotherhood is going in his main hand once I finish tmr farming what the moogle's couldn't cover. I thought brotherhood would be a great sword, but it turns out it's actually just a regular ol' sword, so aqua blade's double sword stance would work with it. would two water-element weapons outweigh the straight attack bonus, figuring in blitz ace's imperil (god i love how easy it to LB with tidus after putting up with noctis's slow rear end gauge).

I don't have a genji glove or I would be all over that. until I pull a greg I will have to deal.

You only need one sword for both your attacks to gain water attribute. In japan using the dual wield sword was useful since you could stack the same TMs, so all you needed was DKS to max out tidus attack. Here we cant do that, so we have to split weapon types to gain more damage through blade mastery or the GS one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

Someone else who has more knowledge of the JPN game can probably give a better answer, but the only reason I can think of needing more than 1 is the 10 man split team raid I've heard about. Would be nice to have a Rikku on each squad.

You cant use more than one of a character for 10 mans which is why usually Orlandu and Dark Veritas are the top damage dealers for that content, since they chain perfectly together.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

Ling & WoL are probably the highest current MAG breaks at -45%.

Otherwise, Ramza takes that title when his Enhancements come in at -60% MAG & -60% ATK breaks (or higher! I guess if they go the Delita route and increase them slightly). But then you're breaking with Ramza and not singing, so you're doing something wrong (although they do each last 5 turns).

They sure as hell aint going to increase Ramza's break given that his dance is that loving broken.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I'm trying to get a decent mix of different leader units on my friend list. Reberta is one I'd like to see more of but she's somewhat in the middle of the pack at the moment and there are more attractive people to toss up.

Could have sworn I added myself to it, oh well its there now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Zyrus has 50% MAG break.

All you people suddenly putting up and/or offering to put up T.Terras, thank you. She actually is legitimately a good chainer, and non-elemental magic damage to boot. It's just that physical is SO MUCH BETTER right now. Bleh. Hopefully she gets her enhancements sooner rather than later, that will make her honestly equal to the Orlandus of the world.

Yeah, the recent increase in legit casters is heartening but its so far away. Im hoping that the global version keeps getting exclusive events that add killer equipment for mages because that would boost them way ahead than in the JP version

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gabranth is an interesting hybrid tank, he has innate draw attacks as well as a 4 turn taunt which he can recast next turn to gain massive defense. He doesn't have passive cover though, so he has to keep his active cover up or else he gets flatten.

Basch seems to be a straight up upgrade to WoL. Very similar in composition but has access to stronger single target breaks as well as his aoes as well as the capability to aoe physical and magical damage through casted abilities. Also a very powerful def/spr buff to party.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also because of how magic works it takes into account both of your weapons at the same time, while with physical they are calculated individually per attack.

But after enhancements she wont really use alterna anymore. Chaos Wave spamming with a friend is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL. Perfect chained CW hits harder than even double elemental chain piledrivers and their windows is far more forgiving than that. Its also non elemental which is less likely to gently caress you over, its aoe and enemies USUALLY have less SPR than DEF meaning it hits harder per se.

Big weakness is still not being able to exploit killer effects, but we already got a rod with 75% extra damage to dragons on global, hopefully they add more poo poo like that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

I could handle slowly spending coins 1000 at a time* if there was anything worth a drat to pull from them. I'd love to get some gigantaurs or the cactuar kings but the tiny ones are barely worth the effort of spending and they sure aren't going to get all the new characters to max level at any appreciable speed.

*but by god I'd still complain about it

Its hosed up that they've had proper rewarding raids recently and then dump this trash on us. "Oh but the moogle doesn't attack" gently caress Its a super annoying fight on whats supposed to be AN ANNIVERSARY EVENT. Give us cheap and easy King cactuars and hyper gil turtles

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm ok with it because free half pulls for a month, a free 10+1 at the start and another one in the end means lots of effective lapiz.

If only mog wasn't such a clusterfuck of a raid

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I'm mostly annoyed that there are a ton of gil snappers and metal cactuars because of how long it's going to take to eat them all. gently caress, let me merge more than 5 units at a time.

I dont even bother with non gigantuars or kings anymore. Use to be that I fed the small ones to friend pull units and then sold them but thats not worth it given how prevalent gil turtle families have been. I went from barely having over a million to 6.5m in no time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nox crashed and now wont load up again, gets stuck at 99%

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Confusing a few things, his aoe breaks are the same as WoLs, they last 3 turns and same % reduction. He has individual breaks that are 50% that last 5 turns. The question is, would you break just a single stat over both of them given the sort of mixed damage bosses are pumping out now days. In certain occasions sure and that clearly makes him a better breaker than WoL by virtue of having the option.

His cover isn't 100%, is the same rate as WoLs and other top tier tanks. What IS different is that he can switch between both aoe tanking stances, which again makes him superior to WoL, who can only aoe tank physical. What he does lack is an analogue to Hope and he doesn't have a taunt/provoke.

e-Oh saw your edit

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Balthier is a solid finisher who is still very good despite not getting his enhancements. His enhancements might put him closer to the top on finishers. Lunera is basically a Roy/Ramza with her enhancements but with slightly less buffing and far more personal damage if you decide to not buff and Prishie is a prototype combo character thats still very good post enhancements.

None of the characters are super top tier, but definitely worth doing their dailies pulls and a few tickets. Nothing to super whale for.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Just pulled a Rikku off one of the rare tickets from the storyline! :woop:

So I'm guessing Rain/Orlandeau/Aileen/Rikku/Beach Time Fina now? Should I keep pulling on the Tidus machine or start saving my rare tickets now for a future machine with a different desirable 4*?

I'd say hold your tickets till the dark veritas banner and roll there. Aileen and Orlandu dont play nice together unless there is someone in between also providing hits for the chain to get longer without clipping and breaking it and Dark Veritas is your best bet. It also has Fire Veritas which is an excellent finisher as well as earth veritas, which is an OK tank which are all things you can use right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

1st artisan is about to finish from the cooker, now I wait for blade mastery, the cowl, bracelet and shines TM. If I have enough lapiz afterwards I'm going to grind another shine, a save the queen, another artisan, another cowl and another bracelet third. I'll do non refresh TM farm groups to get WoL pumped up while I wait for wind veritas, which will be the next big farm poo poo for my eileens.

e-Also thanks whoever suggested memu over nox. Holy poo poo is this a million times better than that piece of crap. Even when it crashes, the macro I have just reinitialize the game and starts over.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is there a way to make a character my friend unit even though its not in the party I'm using right now? I dont want to have a gimped character as one and I'm in the process of TMing.

vvv
Excellent, just what I needed

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 2, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mill Village posted:

I got Wakka'd.

Save all those wakas for the ffx fish event later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What now?

Anyway, did anyone hear David Draiman say "Ooh Wa kka kka kaa!" Or " OOH WAKKA WAKKA!" the first time they drew Wakka?

Like, the just on the first Wakka. Not the subsequent ones.

I hear it every time.

OOH OOH!

Yuna's banner comes with a FFX king moogle event and Wakka is a bonus unit given he got his 6* in it. And Yuna a very good girl you should roll for if you need a finisher.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Not even a bundle, you think? Oh well. Can't say I expected one after the free poo poo we just got.

This is global. Dont expect US specific holidays like the 4th of july to be even glanced at, specially when such a large part of the playerbase is in asia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well thats weird, I left my other Eileen TM farming over night after giving her a 5% and 10% moogle she was still a fair bit behind the rest of the TM squad (like 15% off) and she caught up to all of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Luneth is the guy can most use DKS and its because hes a combo finisher so he doesnt care about what element the weapon is. Greg is a chainer that cant imperil, so hes at the mercy of whoever is your main chainerand has to gear to match them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought Gilgamesh was a good finisher?

No he isn't, the effective modifier for his finisher attack isnt that good even post enhancements. His real use is chaining with himself post enhancements.

Cartoon Man posted:

The best finisher for a long rear end time is coming up in the FF12 banner. Balthier (the rainbow pull of course...) will squeeze out Olive in terms of raw damage and exceed her in that he will have access to multiple elemental finishes and not just lightning. But if you already have Olive, it's not that big a deal.

His finisher is only slightly stronger than Olives in modifier but Olive has innate double hand which stacks further with her own gun. I think Olive comes up on top in raw 1st or 2nd turn damage but if Balthier procs his counter finisher then he'll easily outdamage her.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 5, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

McSpankWich posted:

After enhancements his finishing move is 200% damage with 65% def ignore.. that's hardly "not a good finisher"

\/\/\/ - No, you shouldn't I'm using him as my finisher right now as well and he's great.

Compared to Balthiers and veritas of fire %500 50 def ignore or Luneths and Noctis %550 modifier 50 def ignore?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok lets flash forward a few months.

Greg is a passable finisher if you dont have:

1)Sage Sakura
2)Noctis
3)2B
4)Cloud
5)Olive
6)Yuna
7)Luneth
8)Balthier
9)Lucii T.Terra
10)Flame Veritas
11)Nyx
12)FI Lasswel
13) Kevin
14)Garnet

Im going to say this last banner/event has been a godsend and I will never complain about this game ever again (Until I fail horribly to pull Sage Sakura)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

I finally set up the TMR macro thing yesterday, let it run overnight, and came to a realization: It's going to take 35 days straight of farming to get a unit from 0 to 100%, based on getting just 1 energy per 5 minutes.

I can understand the whole fusing same units thing, it's how I got a bunch of passives so far throughout the Titan raid event that was just spitting out Thancreds and others left and right. But how the gently caress are you guys actually getting TMs from rare units, like Tidus?

You get to the point that you dont need to do daily pulls anymore and the lapis you accumulate is infinitely better spent to just run TM macros.

• Locked thread