Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Updated June 29th, 2017

Support – Primary Stat Buffing
2. Roy (February 2017)

Um... We don't have a Roy unit...

PaybackJack posted:

Tanking – AOE Cover
3. Gladios

Tanking – ST Cover
1. Gladios

Tanking – Magic Cover
2. Gladios

I'm guessing these are Gladio (Gladiolus) from Final Fantasy XV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's a link to the odds calculator if you wish to add to the op.

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/??x=7&y=0&z=0

So, according to that, you need:
7,468 Regular Pulls (Including tickets, dailies and 500 lapis draws)
OR
424 10+1 Pulls (5,000 Lapis version)
OR
980 Guaranteed 4★ Tickets

To get 100% chance for a 5★.

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm already there! Did a 500 Lapis pull just now cause the OP told me not to. :getin:

I got a swimsuit Lid...

Hellow, Fellow Swimsuit Lid Haver.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Might want to include this in the OP: Best Places To Farm.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Free Daily gave me a Blue Crystal containing Garland #6. I'm afarid he looked at my remaining Free Daily Pulls and told them, "FOOLS! I, GARLAND, WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN TO BEDILES!"

But hey, my free 10+1 Ticket wasn't bad.

Marie #1!

RIKKU #1!

And the rest of my haul was all repeats:

Luka #4, Leo #3, Bartz #5, Gaffgarion #4, Maria #6, Eight #3, Golbez #7, Kain #8, and Elle #5.

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now that I have Rikku, I'm wondering who she should replace on my team. Right now, it's Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola, all 6*. WOL will be replacing Cecil, and Rem will be replacing Y'shtola. I'm thinking maybe Rikku should replace Rain? Oh, and I guess I should swap out TT for Marie? So, a brand new team of WOL, Rikku, Marie, Noctis, and Rem?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

Did my first pull in the morning, on a work break

Dark fina, which i got last week, but I could maybe do some fun ultima chaining. I also got rikku on my free draw, so lets use those base 4 tickets on the tilith banner.

Row 2, unit in the middle, did you use #BERSERKERRISK before pulling?

Scrublord Prime posted:

Marie is a more niche character, kinda like Minfilia. If you need all the elemental resistances up at once then she's perfect for that job with Love You All (+50% all resist up to all allies for 3 turns). Or if you need to knock down a resistance she can Anti-Element (-40% all resist to all enemies for 3 turns). After that she doesn't have much to do, she comes with dual cast and with a source of Cura (esper or gear) she can do some offhealing. She doesn't get white magic levels so she can't get that curaja materia. Basically if you're doing content where you aren't messing with elemental resistances then she doesn't bring much to the party but is indispensable when you do. She and Trance Terra cover entirely difference niches so adjust your party accordingly.

WoL can do breaks and do them better than Rain so I'd bring Rikku to replace Rain. If WoL has to tank or provoke or otherwise can't break then Noctis with Warp Break and Thunder Flask can cover the breaking side of things.

e: added quote for slow postin'

OK, so I'll just turn my team into WOL, Rikku, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Rem, and keep Marie in reserve. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well, I can't get a Tidus, but this happened for me, which is nice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I started to flinch when I saw a dupe, but then... do I bench Refia now?

For Rem? Yup.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We still get it, it's just free.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So June wasn't bad to me, thanks in part to the Anniversary starting right at the end.

Total (Non-Special) Pulls: 44
Half-Price: 6
Ticket: 37
500 Lapis: 1 (I hit it instead of Ticket, because I wasn't paying attention)

Rainbow: 1
Rem

Gold: 7
Hope
Shine #1 & 2
Sozhe #2
Vanille #6 & 7
Zyrus

Blue: 36
Abel
Arc #3
Celes #4 & 5
Charlotte #7
Cinque #4
Eight #2
Freya #4
Gilbert #1, 2, & 3
Guy #3, 4, & 5
Heltich
Ingus #4
Jean #5 & 6
Kuja #6
Lenna #3
Leo #2
Locke #4
Luna #11
Medius #4
Miyuki #5
Russell #?? (Seriously, who counts him? Other than PaybackJack...)
Sabin #10
Shadow #6
Shantotto #13 & 14
Summer Lid
Tellah #6
Wakka
Xiao #5, 6, & 7

I also got Kelsus from his banner, and my free 10+1 Ticket gave me:
Rainbow: Marie
Gold: Gaffgarion #4, Luka #4, and Rikku
Blue: Bartz #5, Eight #3, Elle #5, Golbez #7, Kain #8, Leo #3, and Maria #6

The Free Aniversary Daily Pull was the last two days of June, and gave me Garland #6 (Blue) and Sozhe #3 (Gold).

Here's hoping July will be just as good! (It won't be. I was too lucky in June)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got 5k Lapis, so I did the 10+1 5*.

I AM BEDILED!

But I also have yet another new BFF.

Not that I have any gear to make him a beast, but I'm one step closer!

fullTimeLurker posted:

for my 5* 11pull I ended up with a Rem. I assume she's 100% worthless except for maybe the arena?

Nope. Rem is your new Healer. Enjoy!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So what's the likelihood of getting any kind of fourth of july special?

None. An Independence Day special? Iffy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, Gumi! Spending Raid Coins 1,000 at a time is fun, but it could be a lot more fun! Please remove multi-pulls, and let me spend 20k+ Raid Coins 100 at a time!

I have a Mog Wisdom on Rikku. Should anyone else get one?

HGH posted:

The way you should work Rem is to give her some form of Dual Wield, stack as much MAG as humanly possible on her, take a friend Orlandeau along with your own, chain their Divine Ruinations, and finish it all off with her Dagger Boomerang. It's basically one of the strongest finishers in the game once her multiplier is maxed, and hits twice with dualwield due to being a physical MAG based ability.
This should leave you with enough party space for a tank, offensive breaker and dedicated healer/buffer, which, coincidentally, WoL can fill in for the former two.

I don't have her special Dagger. What's the best non-TM one I can give her to do this? Also, do I need Dual Wield on both her and Orlandeau?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hamsystem posted:

Put up my solo Gilgamesh trial Noctis for a friend if anyone still needs it. Just turn on auto attack and check back in about 40 minutes, maybe sooner if you want to try and get the limit best kill.

Thank you! It took me about an hour to do it, but I got everything!

Is he good for any of the other Trials?

SpaceDrake posted:

If you lack her unique dagger, then Dual Wield is mandatory on her, because right now no other daggers give any +mag at all. On Rem, the dagger gives further extra +mag, making it a match for any other BiS rods, and she gets innate dual wield for daggers, so even if you lack a DW materia you can still get the double hits for Boomerang just from sticking another weapon in her off-hand (and if we ever get another +mag dagger or a second shot at her unique, she could simply DW those passively and let the player load her up with pure +mag materia). Her current ideal build requires DW anyway, but without her unique weapon it's 100% required because you'll be giving her standard mage gear otherwise and she can't DW that.

TLDR you'll need DW for them both, yes.

Alright. Working on getting Excalibur now, and then I guess I'll work on Genji Glove, unless I manage to get a second Zidane. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Topps did that with their Star Wars Collectable Cards app. It's not a game. You just get digital versions of the old Topps trading cards. Then, they take a few, add dumb filters to them, and only "release", like, 100.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gumi's gonna change the Raid Coin Summon during the next Maint:

FFBE posted:

Hi All!

We will be increasing the number of multi-summon on King Mog Raid from 10 to 50 times or from 1000 to 5000 King Mog Raid Coins on the next maintenance!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

I wonder if they'll bring back the half price on banner pull for FF12 because I'm not going to spend tickets or 500 lapis per pull for FF12 and to get VaanPenelo'd over and over.

FTFY. She's the first 4* > 5*, so you know Gumi's gonna give her 98+% odds of showing up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

Elixer Hoarding Syndrome. You get something rare/limited, and don't wanna use it, because you might need it later!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

She's not the first 4-5* upgrade either. There's been at least Kain and Rydia before her.

edit: Also Galuf and Krile.

Ah. Those happened before I started tracking who I had.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That's what EX Points are.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is ELT the only way to get more Red Butterfly Powder? I need, like, 4 more for Raz, but I don't want to slog through Spheremorph again...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I ended up with an Aileen and Ilias. Meh.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just discovered how to chain my Sub-100 Orldandeau's Lightning Stab with a Friendlandeau's Divine Ruination. A Focus from Cecil, Warp Break from Noctis, and then that chain almost 1 rounded Pro King Mog.

Sadly, I still can't figure out chaining outside of that. Oh well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Daily gave me Ruggles. I think the game is mocking me not getting Tidus...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've found the downside to having T.G. Cid as my friend unit.

So many pubbie friend requests. I delete 'em all.

New Playing Goons, let that be a warning: If you don't have something in your message that identifies you as a fellow Goon, your friend requests to other Goons will be deleted more often than not.

Go to Menu > Player Info, and tap on Edit Greeting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else having issues with the wiki right now? Every time I try to load a page, the whole site just explodes into an unreadable mess. I assume it's an adblock issue.

The wiki works fine for me, with AdBlock in Firefox.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nuebot posted:

This is how it loads up for me on Chrome. It didn't just the other night :shrug: no clue what could cause it.

Like it loads up fine. Then a second later re-loads into that.

Yup. Something about adblock with Chrome is screwing it up. No idea what, but something sure is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I didn't have that happen, but I did have it refuse to acknowledge my tapping on the Close button after I completed a DQ. I had to tap on the Open button to bring me to the list.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got Shadowned today. :smith:

PaybackJack posted:

I got in the preregistration so hopefully I'm in for sure.

If I can get in line for a question, I want to know, as a loyal American follower, when we can have a Final Fantasy Mystic Quest collab.

You have your priorities straight.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I thought yesterday was my final Free Daily, and I got Lani #5. Saw that it was still up today, and got Shine #3 for my For Reals(?) Final Free Daily.

Cartoon Man posted:

This:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/9S

Don't stop pulling till you have one.

I don't see anything spectacular, so what am I missing?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Do I want either/both of the King Mog weapons, or are they skippable?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just do like me, and stick to farming Pro. Sure, it's not as good as Elite, but it's better than nothing.

My team is a L15 3* Alma, L15 4* Agrias, L100 6* Orlandeau, L72 5* Gilgamesh, and L18 4* Gaffgarion. Orlandeau and Gilgamesh are the only ones I have any gear on, and I threw Bushido - Freedom on Agrais to give her an AOE. I bring a friend Agrias (or on the rare occasions they show up, Mercanary Ramza or Knight Delita), and have no problems clearing Pro. I've only run it 3 times a day for the Daily Quest since the 29th, and I've already managed to get 12k White Orbs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fiss posted:

Cleared up some slots if anyone needs a carry for ELT. World destroyer one shots any round just need to feed him some ethers to keep the MP up.

Yeah, he utterly wrecked Pro for me. After that, I decided that the next time you come up, I'll try ELT.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Nobody seems to be mentioning this, but:

:siren: NEWS :siren:
Resetting Of Bundles
The Gold Chest Of Abundance and Copper Chest Of Abundance are going to be reset.

Players who have bought the following bundles previously can now purchase them again after maintenance on August 18th.

The Copper Chest Of Abundance was available at launch. For $0.99 USD, you got:
Rare Summoning Ticket x1
Metal Gigantuars x10
King Gil Snappers x10
+70 NRG

The Gold Chest Of Abundance is currently available in the store. For $11.99, you get:
4*+ Guaranteed Ticket x1
Lapis x2,500
Trust Moogle +5% x1

Buying the Gold Chest has been confirmed to give you 12 EX Points, so the Copper should give you 1. With those 13 EX Points, you can buy:
910 Lapis (70 per point x 13 points)
EX Summon Ticket x2 and 210 Lapis (5 points per ticket + [70 Lapis per point x 3 points])
King Metal Minitaur x5 and 210 Lapis (10 points for 5 KMM + [70 Lapis per point x 3 points])

That is not how EX Points work. They just unlock each tier. So you get the 70 Lapis, 1 EX Summon Ticket, and 5 King Metal Minituars.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 12, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fiss posted:

Cleared up some slots if anyone needs a carry for ELT. World destroyer one shots any round just need to feed him some ethers to keep the MP up.

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, he utterly wrecked Pro for me. After that, I decided that the next time you come up, I'll try ELT.

And he did the same thing to ELT. Agrias had her Limit up, so she used that, Gaffgarion fed an Ether to Orlandeau, who in turn used Divine Ruination, and Soldier Delita's World Destroyer made a mockery of them. 1 round win! :swoon:

And still no gear on Agrias for Gaffgarion, either.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is that Aranea Highwind? :black101:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Was looking for FissSA's murder-Knight Delita to kill ELT with, and got nothing. Checked my Friends List, and now it's Fryevia. :(

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's cool. Just trying to stockpile White Orbs, so I can spend them once the event ends.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Today's Half-Price gave me Amelia. Now I just need an Olive to throw that Apron on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Quality Control posted:

Ok, DV is up. Friend code 376,364,143

My test run took 35 minutes and that's with a self-targeted Graviga at the start to trigger his +100% ATK buff and auto-attacking the whole way. If you bring a unit with Hide, you should be able to complete the no deaths or esper summon missions but probably not both unless you're really lucky.

I can't get him to target himself. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I was tapping, not long pressing. That did it.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 9, 2017

• Locked thread