Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Since I haven't been able to log in for two hours I wanna do some team theorycrafting. I pulled 3 (!) Rikkus, and I know at least one is going on my team.

Currently using Du, Aileen, Noctis, Noel (who will be swapped for WoL once I can actually get in and awaken him) and Tilith.

I'm thinking Noctis, since WoL will cover breaks and Rikku will cover support...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Rainbow pull was Ace, so not bad. Gotta grind some Crysts now.

Spent 25 tickets and 2 11 pulls chasing Tidus, and got a troll rainbow that ended up being Wilhelm when I already have Noel and WoL :(

I did come out really well in some ways though...

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

So I'm still learning the ropes in this game and have only been playing a few games.

I am paralyzed by choice, essentially. Could a goon take a look at my list here and let me know how you'd construct a party out of this, and also if I have good enough units?

5*
Noctis

4*
Sozhe
Rikku
Rosa
Refia
Mercedes
Luka
Soleil
Setzer
Zyrus

3*
Cecil
Exdeath
Terra
Cloud of Darkness
Cerius
Leo
Locke
Lenna
Mustadio
Faris

Of course I also have Rain and Lasswell at 2*. Very much appreciated.

You've got the makings of a good team, all you're really missing is a top tier DPS (TG Cid, Aileen, Tidus, etc). Imo you should go with -

Noctis - obviously as he's your 5 star. He has excellent utility for both offense and support. Comeback is a full life that I tend to forget about. His flasks will utterly wreck mobs and the arena.

Rikku - Godlike support. Limit break grants 3 turn reraise and a host of other effects. Can do some decent damage/chaining.

Refia - on her own she's a solid healer. If you grind out a dualcast (Ludmille TM) she is arguably among the best. Has resistances to important status defects and full life. Luka is also an option if you don't want to grind out dualcast.

Cecil - good cover tank. Learns curaja for backup healing. Has a great buffing LB.

Last one is kind of a tossup between Mercedes (strong single damage), Setzer (chaining/random damage) Rain (breaks/buffs) and Zyrus (Magic damage). Pick whomever you like and consider replacing them if you pull a top tier 5* in the future.

Edit: just thought I'd add that there are rumors Noctis might be upgraded to his full JPN glory in the future. When that happens he'll be pretty good as a DPS finisher.

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 11, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah, the Rikku, WoL and Tilith defensive shell makes this fight pretty trivial. Hyper nullall+arms breaker absolutely neuters their offense to the point I was using Tilith as a semi mana battery since she herself was taking so little damage (siren). It was really just whittling down Fafnir. The good doctor folded like paper once I bushido freedomed him. As a bonus, none of that is green magic.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
My first serious attempt using 2x Fryevia, Maxwell, WoL, Rikku and Tilith failed because I forgot to use a water attack after the first threshold, unless there's something else I should use to mitigate world destroyer. Wiped my whole team except the Freyvias due to their trait.

I don't feel like I'm doing enough damage, though part of that is getting used to Freyvia chains. They feel stricter than Cid chains. It took me 4 turns to get to the first threshold. My Freyvia's TMs are still baking, but she has a pretty respectable 800 Mag.

What should WoL be doing after Armor Eraser, Light is with Us and Cheer? Trying to generate limit?

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Well, I managed to kill the body, but it took me a few turns to realize that the right arm goes nuts after the body is dead. I was stupidly attacking the left, thinking it was the one doing the over 5000 damage physical attacks like 4 times per turn.

I almost got the right arm down, and it seems like once it's dead you win. The first time I got it low and it healed almost all the way back was super demoralizing, and when it had maybe a 10th of its health left it decided to gun down both Tilith and Rikku, so I was screwed :smith:

Sustain is so much harder after the body is dead because the arms don't drop any crystals, so I can't rely on Rikku LB to get me out of a tight spot.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hamsystem posted:

Do you have WoL? Light is With Us should eat most of that damage. Also the arm heals twice I think and then you're home free.

I do have WoL, and I'll be sure to use Light is With Us more judicially next time. The real problem is I didn't expect the right arm to go so crazy, and figured I just had to waltz to the end (shame on me for not reading the wiki first I guess) so I didn't have it up right after the body died. Maxwell got double KO'd which led me into a death spiral I struggled to get out of and couldn't stabilize due to no Rikku LB. I got through both it's heals, and hail maryed a bit at the end cause I was running out of resources.

Oh well, once a swole Friendvia shows up again I should be able to win.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Got em.

Thanks Fiss for your swole Freyvia! And remember not to relax when the body is dead if you're using the brute force method. Right arm with no body is arguably more dangerous than the first phase. Once the left arm is alone the fight is free.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Took 20 tickets to get him, a Victoria and few Timmies. I've still got about 20 tickets, so I think I'll save them for Nier if I can resist the temptation to pull for Dark.

I probably won't be able to

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Marie is pimped out and listed as my friend. Do the enhancements and Malboro fight go live on Thursday after maintenance or do we wait till Friday?

Marlboro says "following event on Thursday 8-17" and awakening say August 17th, so tomorrow for both.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Nier seems to still be the half pull banner. At least that's what it displayed for me. Wonder why Malboro Killers even exisits...

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
10 more energy restore and 150 lapis in compensation for the latest maintenance.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

10+1 got me dragon lady which is nice I guess?

I'm already looking for one VoH for Aileen though -_-

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
20 tickets and 2 10+1 rolls netted me a Silvia, 6 Kamuis and 5 Yuris.

Troll rainbow turned into Dark Fina :negative:

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Like many ITT I just got my 5* moogle and am agonizing over what to use it on... here are some front runners I'm considering...

Proud Fencer - would get my Cid +20% HP and 10% atk

Sorcery - My Freyvia is currently running needle+rod. I have the Ignuses for 4x L&A, though I've only ground up one.

Fixed Dice - For VoF

Pod 153 - for utility

Deathbringer - for elemental diversity

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
5* ticket gave me Freyvia #2

Now I can dual wield needles, but I don't have Greg so no 4x L&A :(

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I'm starting to theorycraft my strategy for Sheratan in my head, but I'm having a little trouble. I've got a pretty awesome list of units, but I think my real problems are going to be equipment and the fact that my only high tier units that can chain with each other are Fohlen and Reberta to my knowledge. Can anyone who has been through it give me some advice?

Here are the offensive units I have geared up pretty well (>700 main stat)-

Orlandeu
Freyvia
Aileen

Other offensive units that are not so greatly equipped are -

Fohlen
Reberta
VoF
DKC
Ace
Dark Fina
SB Dark Fina
Noctis
Agrias I guess...

Support units are -
WoL (geared)
White Knight Noel (geared)
VoE
Wilhelm
Tilith (geared)
Rikku (geared)
DC Refia
Rem

Any way to make a Sheratan team out of that?

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I guess I may have gotten lucky but I found him trivially easy?

2x Cid >900 atk, friend at least had demon killer
WoL
Lasswell
Rikku
Tilith

DRs whittled him down in 5 turns.

Broke his attack and Light is with Us tanked most everything til he decided to swipe on turn 4, but by that point reraise was set up.

Edit: I took Hamsystem's Du and that must've been the game changer. Thanks Ham! You have my full endorsement.

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 23, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
If you have a decent Fryevia, access to a buff friend Fryevia (I used Hamsystems), Rikku, a strong Spr breaker and good buffer you can cheese Bahamut. Case in point -

Reraise plus Freyvia's extra life allows her to survive Megaflare with very few if any defensive buffs (I had Celestial Light up, but I don't know if it's necessary).

A magnification trick chain powered by Inspire put an armor broken Bahamut to 37% at the end of turn one. A second chain finished him off with plenty to spare.

Thanks Hamsystem!

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 26, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
So I thought I'd try to take on Wicked Moon with my newly minted Roy since staff mastery is very appealing for him. My setup was GL Sakura, friend GL Sakura, WoL, Rikku, Roy and Tilith.

Things went pretty smooth in the first phase, but when he transitioned he totally wiped me through my reraises and song buffs :stare:

Any tips? I understand his thresholds are random... did I get unlucky? Can you trigger more than one at once? I have an unleveled Mystea... would she be better in place of WoL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
28 tickets got me Lunera :toot:?
1st 11 pull got me Sea Breeze Dark Fina :smith:
3rd 11 pull got me... another Lunera :gonk:
And a veritable ocean of Conrad and William.

So do Lunera or Seabreeze Fina have 7*s/are they good?

• Locked thread