Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Trance Terra and a bunch of dupes from my guaranteed *5, I'll take it. Time for a 62-ticket odyssey chasing Rikku and Tidus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
62 tickets later...

Maria, Fron, Ingus, Cloud of Darkness, Golbez, Kain, Lenna, Butz, Exdeath, Celes, Cyan, Kuja, Amarant, Vaan, Penelo, Hayate, Lawrence, Shera, Charlotte, *~BEDILE~*, Elle, Miyuki, Xiao, Jean
*Ovelia
Fang x2
Zidane x3
Eight x3
*Wakka x11 (one away from fielding two Blitzball teams)

Setzer
Snow
Agrias
Soleil
*Beach Time Fina
Shine
*Grace
Chorizo
Nine x2 (both 4*+ tickets)
Gaffgarion x2
Hope x3

And...

*RIKKU! (ticket #25)

And holy crap, a rainbow! It's...DELITA! Well played, Gumi.

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 29, 2017

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Now that WoL can take Cecil and Rain's spot, what should my main party be? Olive and WoL are gimmes, and the other possibilities are:

* Trance Terra
* Rikku
* DC Refia
* Like every other white mage
* DW Cheezo
* 3 Setzers

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
62 tickets and 3 11-pulls later:

Huh, I got one ticket from doing five King Mog runs. Might as well throw it at the banner.

Holy poo poo, today I've gone from 2 rainbow pulls to 5 and one of them is Tidus. I'm never complaining about my pulls again.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostnuke posted:

Who else pulled Tidus? I need some Tidus buddies 535 139 589

Added you and changed my friend unit to Tidus. I'm at 716 534 730 for anyone else--still needs a lot of TMs to get really good, but I figure he's good for practicing chaining.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I've gotten like three Gaffgarions in the past week and a half. I'm up to seven. Which is a nice change from the Agriases I kept getting, because Tactics golds love me apparently.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
10+1 and around 25 tickets got me 9S and Eve (who I wanted cause I like him). My wife, being a goddamn rainbow magnet, used a guaranteed 4* and got Ramza.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Extra 5k 11-pull got me first King, Kupipi, and Prishe. I'll take it!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Having just gotten my third good 5* DPS, is Tidus, Olive, Prishe, WoL, and Tillith a good main party? Should I stick Rikku, 9s, and Trance Terra in there or rotate them in as needed?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn I want the Four Fiends. I don't care if they're useless, I just want them to hang around my units list looking cool.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Me: has played and done dailies almost every day since well before 6* was a thing, has spent around $100 chasing Gilgamesh
My wife: very occasionally plays, has not spent a dime

Me: has pulled 7 base 5*s
My wife: has pulled 10 base 5*s, including Gilgamesh and 2B

RNG is agony

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

The biggest problem with the new 7* system, as well as any other gacha game that uses the dupe-eating bullshit, is that it removes the 'grand prize' feeling of getting that unit you wanted.

Before:
"A rainbow? HELL YES IT'S [on banner unit I wanted]! :woop:"

Now:
"A rainbow? Hell yeah I got [on banner unit I wanted] and now I just need to pull another one for them to be worthwhile... :sigh:"

Yeah, this. Right now, non-whales can luck out and draw super-powerful units. With 7*, especially at these 5* rates, it feels like there's not even a point pulling because the odds of pulling two of anything are vanishingly low without throwing all your saved-up tickets and lapis at a banner. Even if it's technically possible to beat most things without a 7*, removing the chance to pull a top-tier unit makes playing much less fun.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

Rainbow count from the start, soft launch:

Daily: Rosa
Daily: Ace
--Rainbow Change--

Holy poo poo, I think you win the troll rainbow award.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Used a daily, 10+1 EX ticket, and one regular ticket.

I have five Cagnazzos and no other banner unit???

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SereneCrimson posted:

Went big on this banner, 'cause FF4 is very special to me and all that.

15K Lapis and 15 tickets netted me:
3x Scarmiglione
3x Rubicante

Like I honestly was at least hoping to walk away with Cagnazzo.

I’ll trade you, Rubicante’s my favorite. :negative:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
11-pull and some tickets got me 2 Cors, multiple Irises, and a bunch of trash (besides Orran, who I didn't have). Is Cor any good besides the event and being a cool character? Also finally used my guaranteed 5* ticket and got Ayaka, so I'm happy!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Spent my 10+1 anyways. No worry on missing out on a new rainbow, Shine + 10 crappy blues. Free daily was Guy.

That is exactly what I got! High five Shine and Guy buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you, rate up, for my full deck of Type 0s

• Locked thread