Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Got Marie as my automatic 5*. Was hoping for dps but I could do so much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So is the elite boss for the Macalania Woods broken or am I just an idiot? I just fought it over 12 turns or so, and it never gained any elemental weaknesses. I managed to still get it down to about 15% health due to 2 Setzers throwing out double dice each turn, but every other unit I had was incapable of doing damage.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been sick to death of having no 5* DPS so I decided to go all in on this banner, used 69 tickets and an 11 pull.

3 Rikku (do I need more than 1?)
18 Wakka
Dark Fina 2
Setzer 3
Xon 2

Aaand that's about it of note. Everyone else a duplicate that I have no need for or garbage tier.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So instead of having one more mediocre Ashe in a sea of them, I am switching my friend unit to a Lightning that can solo Gilgamesh by auto attacking. For anyone who hasn't beaten him yet, just have her attack every turn and you will (very slowly) eventually win. She has 100% evade and immune to death so she can't be touched.

I don't have a ton of slots open right now but people actually want to use her I'll open some more up.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 10, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

What's the best way to gear Rikku for maximum LB uptime? I have the event fist weapon (Overdrive?) and I just finished grinding out an Ignorance. I have her and Kelsus's TM almost done. Should I grind out another dual wield and equip spear for the moogle spear?

Don't forget the moogle TM that you'll have 20 of.

When I was testing out my invincible Lightning Gilgamesh run, I had Rikku in my party and she was able to do her LB every turn, it was amazing.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

UHD posted:

Just started playing this game a few weeks ago and pulled a few dozen times but no rainbows, the rate seems loving atrocious but I guess I started at the right time because the game has been making GBS threads out awakening mats and now I have 6* Rikku, Refia, and WoL and they are all cool and good, Luneth less so because he is super boring

I've pulled hundreds if not a thousand times and gotten 4. Welcome to Hell.

Edit: I lied, I got a rainbow Sazh and Krile before the summon change.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 10, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

UHD posted:

I mentioned in my first post that I have a 6* Refia, Rikku, and WoL, and you're still recommending I reroll? Hot drat man.

He means 5* base units. None of those units are particularly rare (they're useful but you reroll for rare units).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I'm not 100% sure why that paralyze was able to be inflicted, but in any case, I've given her anti-paralyze so it shouldn't happen again. Attack is going to be a good deal lower but should protect from that particular issue. I should probably try to get an assassins vest tomorrow, that will let her go with a bit more attack also.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

Ran it again last night while going to bed, felt like it took an hour but I was half asleep so who even knows. It definitely worked though, the loot was in my mail when I checked it. Thanks!

Glad it worked. Hour sounds about right for base attacks if your team can't contribute much.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing since launch. First 5* base was Lightning I pulled on my birthday in September. I got a Dracu Lasswell on Halloween. I got a dark Fina a month ago, and a Marie (5* guaranteed pull), Queen, and Dark Fina #2 while failing to go all in for Tidus.

Then on my 10 3* ex tickets I got this (4 was a Rasler).

1) I'm going to stop pulling at 5am when I wake up and pulling at 6pm from now on and

2) I'm really tempted to do a 4th 10+1 on ffx banner. I won't but I really want to.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 11, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else having major connection issues the last hour or so?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What would be the more useful friend unit for me to provide for the trial? A 100% water immune Rikku, Xon, or dark Fina (for wateraga)?

And yes, trial is trivial once you take out Cid since any water immune units you have are thereafter invincible (and siren, a few resist rings, and Minfilias TM that you should be swimming in can get you there easy).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Office Thug posted:

All the AoE status spammers are also high-evade rear end in a top hat units. I just pumped up two Ashes with as much MAG as I can get and I'm Spark Chaining Heaven's Fury with them to nuke the enemy party on the first turn, regardless of physical evade, because gently caress Arena.

The worst is the AoE Stop spamming teams. There is literally nothing you can do to prevent your party from getting wiped if the opposing team gets the first turn and lands Stop on several of your units. There's no preventive measure or tactic, you just die.

That's why I really am not super interested in arena, I do my 5 a day for lapis and that's it, because it all comes down to "who goes first". If I go first, I'm going to win because I can nuke everyone in a round. If the other team goes first, and the AI chooses the right abilities, I get nuked or crippled. There's no real strategy or fun to it, and the rewards at this point aren't that useful to me (I have 7000+ arena points not cashed in for boards, because the teams I use are all potted up already).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Firion's Finn Briar worth upgrading? What other big abilities that use power crysts are there to look out for?

I have Firion fully upgraded, since I have no 5* dps, and he hits like a truck. He was able to easily solo Hesse mines for example. I don't know if I'd do it if you have better units, and the first upgrade has little benefit, +2 is where you get payoff.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dragomorph posted:

Okay, so thanks to Untouchable Tidus, all Gilgamesh conditions are now met.

Now, uh, I don't suppose anybody has any suggestions for not being utterly annihilated by Dark Ifrit and Siren ELT do they? orz

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Oh, they aren't random. Double Dice is programmed to never give multiple high rolls in a row, or so people have figured out. There's a way to game it so you can get the exact outcome you need.
I recall people used to do that with Tellah in the early days to get his Death spell out of Recall in Arena.

That is definitely not true, I ran through Octopus Teacher when my dual Setzers hit 77777 each 3 rounds in a row.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Never pull and you can never be disappointed.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

Speaking of things being rigged in this game, I'm going to start tracking how many of these 90% B expeditions I fail because it feels like closer to 60% than loving 90%. I wouldn't be surprised if Gumi hard coded a fail counter into the process so you couldn't just luck out and never lose a roll.

I've been losing a lot of 80 and 90% expeditions this week, but last week I won every single one of my 50% and below S and A missions, and got over 200 relics. So I'm going to call this my luck balancing out.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That spoilered text is pretty funny.

About the awakening materials, according to the wiki T4 is the roadblock, and I agree. You will almost never run out of T5, you use them so slowly, and T1-T3 can be ground in the Chamber of Awakening. The availability of T4 crysts is where you're gonna be pulling your hair out.

It depends how you get the T4 materials. If you're grinding them in vortex, then yes, T1-3 shouldn't be a problem given how rare T4 are. But if you're relying on events for most of your T4 materials, you're going to have major shortages of everything else.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a link to a TM grinding MEMU script that will use lapis refreshes? I had a bookmark for a thread on reddit but the post has been deleted and I can't easily find a replacement.

Also, both bundles added today seem pretty good. 25 dollars for 10 rare tickets, a 4* ticket, ATK +30% materia. And then 350 lapis for a ticket and a T4 cryst.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I freed up a few friend slots purging inactives, so if anyone want a Lightning that can solo Gilgamesh (and you don't want to use.one of the other people who can do it), feel free to add me.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can someone help me understand how the wiki describes skills? I understand the damage ones, those are pretty straightforward modifiers of regular attack damage. But for example, this description of curaja:

Heal (1000 HP, 3.4x) to all allies

What does that mean precisely? It heals 3400 hp to everyone (in which case why a modifier at all)? Or it heals 1000+(3.4 times spirit)? Or is spirit in that case another derived number? I suppose in the end it doesn't really matter since bigger is better, but I just don't understand how they describe these things.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So it looks like Agrias has divine ruination, I assume it's the same as Orlandeau, except lower base damage due to her stats? Does this mean having 4 copies of her is finally going to pay off?

Palleon fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 25, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

Her awakening and enhancements came out 10 days apart in JP, I would be shocked it we got the same treatment. Our ability awakenings around about a month and a half apart so at best we'd see her get enhancements at the beginning of September. JP barely had time to appreciate that she was even awakened before she became Fem-landeau.

Is this the biggest banner we've had with 7 freaking characters on it? God knows how many pulls you'd need to get them all with 2 base 5s and 4 base 4s. Poor loving Alma is shoved on there because you gotta have a 3 star chud.

Brave Frontier banner didn't.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I evidently need a Genji blade to continue on in this game. Is there an easy guide to defeating Gilgamesh?

I've still got friend spots open, 280 277 688. Just have Lightning auto attack for 45-60 min and you'll get all objectives (well you may need to trigger her LB when his bar is almost empty for one of them).

Palleon fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 27, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

meteor9 posted:

10+1 nabbed me a Rikku which is nice since I missed all non-Wakka units from the X event.

Also thanks to...shoot, whoever it was that put up the Lightning for Gilgacheesing! I mistimed the LB but frankly as useful as they are I can live without a trust moogle.

40 energy is worth the moogle in trying again. But it is a lot easier if your team is strong enough to contribute and survive a bit longer (Rikku is super helpful in this fight).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CyberLord XP posted:

Just revisiting, but could you imagine paying 5k lapis for this? Dat Gacha.

My 10+1 got me Rakasha, Bedile, Lenna, Vaan, Vaan, King, Cinque, CoD, Maria, Vanille, and Fang. At least you got a few useful units depending on what you have now.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

So my last summer pull was Refia, my first copy. Is Y'shtola better then her, or should I swap healers?

Do you have dualcast materia to give her? If so Refia is arguably better, but I think they each have their roles where you'd use them. If you don't have dualcast Y'Shtola is hands down superior.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

So my only 6* tank up til now has been Cecil.

Is Merc Ramza able to substitute for him or is that still something he's inferior at? I dunno, trying to find something for this guy I pulled yesterday.

(I do have a 4* Snow and Sozhe but from what I've heard they're underwhelming)

Snow has situational usefulness. I used both him and Cecil in Dark Esper trial. He also has a great TM.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whoever suggested a page or so ago to use Bushido freedom, thank you. Putting that on my Agrias lets her hit hard enough where I can run a full 6 Agrias team instead of forcing my Firion to tag along to kill everyone.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cry Havoc posted:

going all in on veritas anyways

wish me luck

Me too, I've got 52 tickets and I'm desperate for a good 5* damage dealer. I'm pulling until I get Dark or Fire, or run out of tickets. I know I'm not going to get them but I'm going all in anyway.

Let's both document how we do and see who ends up the worst off.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 3, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Looks like Gladiolus?

Varance posted:

Edit: too spoilery.

This is not, though.

:love:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I did my half pull, and burned all 53 tickets on this banner. I have not pulled a 5* on banner since the first Lightning in September, so I am expecting absolute garbage. Let's see what happens.

1/2: Locke

Tickets:
Krile
Victoria (new)
Ludmille
Roselia
Terra
Timothy (new)
Sice
Timothy
Timothy
Timothy
Elle
Timothy
Timothy
Tellah
Rakshasa
Gaffgarion
Fran
Victoria
Timothy
Chizuru
Exdeath
Vivi
Rakshasa
Russell
Blue->Gold: Orran (new)
Artemios
Miyuki
Elle
Camille
Medius
Lawrence
Galuf
Sabin (I'm starting to feel pretty dark right now)
Kefka
Sozhe
Luka
Anzelm
Timothy
Blue->Gold: Veritas of the Earth (new)
Edge
Vivi
Xiao
Refia
Artemios
Russell
Eight
Rakshasa
Duane
Timothy
Alma
Timothy
Meliadoul (new)

Final Pull:
Timothy

Honestly, I'm...almost okay with this? I would have liked to have gotten Dark or Flame, but like I said, I have no expectations at this point that I'm even capable of pulling a 5* base. I got a bunch of new units, a few more off-banner golds than I was expecting, bu in the end, I mean, if you're going to miss out on the 5s, this isn't a terrible outcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

All you really need is a fully enhanced Firion covered in TMs.

And I do, he works out okay, I just at some point get frustrated that I've been playing since launch, have probably done over 1000 pulls at this point, and I have a Lightning and 2 Dark Finas to show for it (excluding the free 5*). It's almost statistically impossible for me to have as few 5* base as I do.

I kind of want to do an 11 pull on this banner, but I've basically given up putting money into this game because I know I'm not going to get what I want out of it.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 5, 2017

• Locked thread