Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for some reason i thought somebody confirmed we were gonna get that nier automata event over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am actually tempted to spend some cash to get a rikku, someone slap my credit card out of my hands and make me buy drugs instead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

or there will be people asking me why i hate my ramzas so much :argh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

who is ready to outright quit if all their pulls are trash

i have barely been doing my daily quests lately and definitely not bothering to run my tm macro at all, if my pulls are total garbage i dont think i will quit but i believe that level of activity will drop to logging in for the daily reward.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am feeling one of those classic 14 hour maintenances coming on

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got Eileen. no Rikku, but i did get an Amelia, and Agrias 7, 8, and 9. that's how many i have now, not lifetime Agrias pulls.

how important is Eileens TM? i have a ton of moogles sitting around but not enough to 0-100 it i think

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

It's just really jarring when the entire mobile game industry seems to be trending the opposite direction. Final Fantasy Record Keeper guarantees a 5* on any 11 pull and gives out enough currency for 3-5 of those a month. Shadowverse gives out dozens of packs a month with a legendary drop rate of 1:10. Even Hearthstone is moving to guarantee you a legendary within your first ten packs of an expansion, and they usually give away at least 3-5.

This just makes me extra determined to get an insane starting roll for this game, cause god knows I can't count on ever seeing anything good after.

yeah, gumi spent the better part of the first half of the games existence trying to figure out how little they could give away on daily logins without the players quitting. also there's that math on the first page that shows you would need 424 eleven pulls to guarantee a rainbow, which with the best lapis deal if my math is right is $17,000~?

edit: hell gumi still appears to be jiggering how little they can give away on daily logins, kelsus is kind of a cool character but i am pretty sure that was a compromise between giving useful stuff and giving useless stuff.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that was me, my first ever rainbow was rakshasha and i didn't get it until something like six months of playing

edit: i didn't get another one until march or may of this year, and i've gotten several since then and they've been mostly good (ramza, luneth, gilgamesh, olive, ramza i think was the order and now aileen)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

before there were a lot of 6* units or very many different base 5* units you could do pretty well for yourself just loading up a barrage unit with your best gear. like artemios and chizuru were perfectly viable for a decent amount of time, i spent most of my bad unit days clearing all content with barrage cod using like a beastkiller mace or something along with kefka and exdeath, pre ex-death having meteor times.

during the first final fantasy event you could clear the elite stages by loading up the free bard unit with attack song and chaining blizzaga with tellah and kefka and whatnot. the chaining units and power creep base 5* have changed the game a lot. starting now you'd be really poo poo out of luck if you kept my starter roll of like, a kefka and a cloud of darkness

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the sheen has worn off of aileen some now that i realize she's super loving hard to chain. one of the frequently unspoken things about the chaining meta is that it tends to presume you have two of any of the good chaining units, and, welp.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rikku is probably more useful to have than a very solid percentage of those base 5*

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only on banner 4* i can get are type zero units for mog king events

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i scrounged up the lapis thanks to the compensation lapis to do another 11 pull on the banner and i got rikku, yaaaaay. i actually ran out of moogles getting wol and aileen to level 100 so i am levelign rikku and zyus (who i got in the quest for rikku) the old fashioned way in explorations. the anniversary ring is a nice little boost

PaybackJack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hHCjZSH0KM

Here's a video I just made. I guess Tidus does kind of suck...

And just in case you don't want to watch the video:

ELT Moogle King. 4 million HP. Dead in 1 turn.

why does your whale rear end have a wol with 3k less health than mine :colbert:

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 1, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tidus sitting at level 95. I guess I'll take a break from the TM grind to have him run some explorations for EXP since with an Orlandu (or Tidus) buddy the two of them should have no problems. What's the best exploration to get xp in these days, shrine interior in Gronoa?

i dont know that its been updated for gronoa yet but according to the wiki timber tracks is still somehow the best regular map for this. updated cactaurs is better on a per unit basis i believe.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

awhile back i switched from trying to chain all of my dumb 5* to just bringing a super heals and tanky team with olive is my only damage dealer and that more or less worked out. now i am thinking of running a base line team of wol/aileen/olive/rikku/???

that team seems like it covers basically everything except it has no status ailment healing and no full heals. ling can definitely cover healing status ailments but her actual ability to burst heal is nil and she doesn't really have any buffs. yshtola has an ability based full heal and protectga/shellga but no full raise and dualcast esuna isnt that exciting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

The 10+1 is essentially 5000 Lapis so it makes up for everything else not being impressive.

i don't know, i am extremely impressed that they managed to turn the 10% trust moogle into two 5% moogles and one less daily reward, into nine 1% moogles and eight less daily rewards.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

I count 5 usable TMs, so yeah it could be worse.

yeah, plus that's actually a pretty all right mage! i am very much tired of pulling soleils although her tm is not entirely awful

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aileen and tg cid are indeed a very good pair of starter 5*. the thing about 4* is that some of them are very, very good, but FOR THE MOST PART if you play regularly you will eventually draw them. i think it took me a few months to end up getting a shine, i still don't have setzer. it took me at least six months to get a chizuru i think and i am glad i got a rikku in about 45 draws.

frankly i would really hate rerolling and would for sure just keep the starter with those two very strong base 5*, and given time you will eventually fill out your base 4* roster if my experience is anything to go by.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Setzer off my daily pull. Is he worth training up if I already have a Rikku?

yeah they're totally different roles, although i have discovered rikku does chain okay-ish. setzer has great chaining abilities and faster/easier fixed damage

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

current gilgamesh isnt really overly exciting but i dont have any experience with reberta at all to say. snowpetal is a cool name for an ability tho so i vote for gilgamesh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fullTimeLurker posted:

for my 5* 11pull I ended up with a Rem. I assume she's 100% worthless except for maybe the arena?

rem is actually one of the strongest single target damage dealers in the game, dagger boomerang is absurdly good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can get agrias and put excalibur on her for a build your own tg cid, just like the game. when she gets her enhancements that is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its coming at least six months before ramza enhancements

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CyberLord XP posted:

L&A all day. You hit harder with a high stat and a low stat than with 2x mid stats.

We should be friends! This is with Dual Wield:

this is also why even though his big "nuke" is hybrid damage that bartz still does more damage with it by stacking one stat instead of having a mixture of both

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Will someone ever want more than one Dark Knight's Soul ? I have three Leon right now, so grinding them all at the same time would really cut down on time if I were to combine them.

it doesnt stack, but on the other hand anyone who wants dark knight's soul, i mean if you get another unit that one will want one too? i could definitely see farming up multiples of it, i wouldn't smoosh any of them together when you only have three

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you dont want to use blade mastery on aileen it's probably fine for her too. actually any dps who wears heavy armor and can wield greatswords, since apocalypse is freely available 103 attack greatsword. the katana from the gilgamesh trial is free also sort of, but not as easy to attain. i will probably grind out a dark knight's soul before a second blade mastery at any rate

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for practicality sake firion is probably worth building as a finisher unless you have an absolutely no doubt finisher already, and he's more versatile than several of those anyhow.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey goon friends, if any of y'all don't have me friended and do have an aileen friend unit please hit me up 180,869,786

i don't have her totally whaled out but i do have artisan on her and an 806 attack with spirit slayer currently, and she is pretty hard to chain but man just a pair of her very nearly one shot elite mog king when everything lines up correctly on the chain. i've noticed that having aileen in the second slot in the party seems to really help since it appears her piledriver animation frames are heavily influenced by position of the monster / her position in the group

edit: actually anyone is welcome to go ahead and add, i have some people i can kick off my list who haven't played in awhile

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they shut down the mog king a day early which i am not entirely stoked about, but also is probably a bug

edit: oh apparently somebody edited the wiki to have the wrong end time for the trade in, cool

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 5, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah that guy called himself a dolphin but spending $900 on the game at all is whaling, let alone on one banner

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

usually! not this time tho, which really sucks for me because i very rarely wait until the last day but i wanted to decide between awakening materials and some power crysts this time but they didn't reveal anything until they also took away mog king turn ins, so rip.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i made five pulls and got two more vaans which is fine because bonus unit, and the other three were gold! hooray! chizuru, oh. shine, well i could use more shine tms. aaaaaaand rikku, who i had to pull 40+ times on banner for. banner rate up my rear end, i havent gotten an on banner gold crystal since dumb rear end gun type zero guy whose name i forget

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this boss is also i think something absurd like -50% earth resistance and aileen absolutely crushes it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Office Thug posted:

Decided to whale it up a bit in search for a second Ashe to chain with, and also to just fill a team with bonus characters.

And my second 10+1 got me:
Cyan NEW

how. how is this possible

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ApplesandOranges posted:

Who's a better target for LB pots, Rikku or Cecil? My first thought was Cecil, but Rikku has better uptime on her LB when built right.

the thing about rikkus lb is that the buffs are just a nice little bonus and i am pretty sure that the auto revive health percent doesn't change with levels, but on the other hand cecil is more or less completely outdated by wol? in a vacuum cecil would probably be a better lb to level but he's outdated and even if you don't have a wol you will eventually, whereas i dont think anyone has taken over rikkus niche even in japan right now.

i am sort of struggling to figure out who to limit pot too since i got olive to 25 today and it seems like aileens is just always strictly worse than using piledriver.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that two amelia are actually pretty good in the arena for chaining and breaking or something? i dont know, i loving hate arena and i dont really know why. weeks like this without black magic i often struggle to make myself do my five fights in a day for the 40 lapis

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

expeditions are MOSTLY a free roll, but also without being 100% on the ball on making sure i have them on full uptime i've spent roughly 1.5 million gil on them in the past week

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i could somehow monetize my ramza enhancements doomsaying i would be buying a helicopter right now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i can't sleep from being sick and in pain i decided to read up on reddits thoughts on all of the fallout related to the enhancement choices, the lunera thing, all of that, and one thing i am very curious about is their opinions on ramza. now granted, the ramza enhancements are quite strong and i suppose for whatever reason you could stan for gumi here and say they dont want to break the game with enhanced ramza. i think that's a sort of weird rooting for the house thing and it also pretends he's impossible to balance difficulty around which i find extremely weird considering they're currently basing difficulty around a meta that experienced enhanced ramza and redesigning around NOT having it, which, i mean is that meaningfully different but whatever. but here's what i don't get, which are all of the people saying currently 5* ramza is fine because he's a good defensive breaker. i can't tell if they're really that stupid or just disingenuous but in what world does a 40% attack debuff, or magic debuff, count as "good" breaker. wol hits magic and attack together for 45% in an aoe and he's a base 4* who is also an amazing tank. crush weapon also hits attack and magic for the same debuff percent as ramza and is attached to a serious dps unit. zyrus does straight up 50% magic debuff.

the place in the game where we're at single target 40% break to one offensive skill is inadequate at best and if you were to bring along a "breaker" you'd be nuts to do so with ramza. also the much mocked delita has actual breaks that blow those away, and, again, he's the bedile of 5*. so i genuinely dont get these "unenhanced ramza is a fine and useable unit" kool aid they're drinking or why people are so het up to try and apologize and defend a unit that is either totally useless or going to be overpowered. edit: not only that but now we're in a situation where it's almost certainly just going to be fundamentally better to have lunera if the projected gl enhancements are correct, since she'll be 90% of ramzas stat buffs with better hp/mp regen and some actual damage dealing uses, and that's even assuming there's only a month delay for him getting his enhancements and that they won't be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am still pretty sure there's a non-zero chance that we don't see ramza enhancements until roy and the global lunera buffs are supposed to be the placeholder that's supposed to not piss us off about that

• Locked thread