Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Managed to get Rikku after 13 tickets, including both of the 4* guaranteed I've been saving. Seriously drew 3 Kings in a row and I was about ready to smash damned phone into pieces. :argh:

10+1 ticket got me Rem, and 5* guaranteed got me...Delita. At least Rem is great in Arena, and Delita has a nice TM and I've seen some builds where he can be built for break/support. I'm just glad I didn't pull another Lightning, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, if I've only got one Fryevia's Needle and nowhere near enough Star Quartz for the Equip Rod materia, what's my best option for a second weapon for her? Just the Enhancer?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Kinda wish they would at the very least lower the price of the Gian/Purecrysts a bit. As it is I can usually just barely afford to get 3 giancrysts and 1 purecryst if I'm running the event all the time and still trying to get all the unique items and tickets. I just want to max out Elza's abilities before she gets made completely obsolete by the chaining meta. :smith:

edit: Has anyone checked if the Zodiac Spear stacks with a doublehand materia/skill? I'm curious if it just works as a weapon with innate doublehand that will stack with other sources or if it's considered something else.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 7, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

hagie posted:

MAG MAG MAG

Ramuh will be your primary friend, but any esper that gives killer effects. Right now my Fryevia is on Odin for Dragon Killer for the FFXII bonus event.

Optimal weaponry is dual wielding x2 TMR Needle*, but most often you will see Enhancer + TMR Needle

So far no one suggests using her Atk/Mag passive boost wielding a single sword.

*I am not including Rod Mastery and Emperor's TMR

Yeah, even though her MAG stat drops compared to single wielding the Needle, Needle+Enhancer just ends up doing a ton more damage and is very much worth it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sound there any consensus on which story missions to farm for crysts?

Don't forget you can get the regular elemental crysts for your friend items, too.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is there any reason not to awaken Exdeath's Meteor? I've got enough of the T4-T5 crysts to max it out, and I haven't seen any other abilities that even use Black crysts so I don't think I'd be locking myself out of anything. He's not on my A team anymore, but that would still be incredibly useful for Arena.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Office Thug posted:

Jesus, 2B is a monster :stare:

I didn't even notice the baked-in dual wield before, that seriously pushes her over the top for me. I've got 15k lapis and 50 tickets to split between the new Veritas banner and Nier.

I won't get any of them. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Dana Crysalis posted:

PSA: I have a Lightning set up to be invincible to Dark Espers.

Disclaimers: This will take a LONG time. I estimate 3-4 hours to kill them on auto. Additionally, since you're using her as a friend, you'll lose your actual unit, so you won't get Greatsword Mastery.

Recommended: Two Hide Units with Siren and Ifrit equipped. hide until summon gauge is full, have one come out, summon, and die, keep hiding with other, come out and summon and die. then set on auto, walk away for 3 hours. You'll get all the rewards except GSM.

Not...entirely sure what just happened since I was moving to and away from my phone, but somehow your Lightning got killed while I was letting her autoattack away after about an hour. I know neither of the espers were close to death, and even when she was confused Lightning would just miss herself until it wore off. :confused:

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 2, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, after a bit of finagling with Dark Siren, I managed to cancel her threshold attacks with Dana's Lightning and killed her off, so now it's on to Dark Ifrit!

And holy poo poo, he's literally taking double damage per hit. But whatevs, at least I'll finally the equipment from the trial. Now to put together a team and try it myself for Great Sword Mastery. :shepicide:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Spent 23 tickets this morning, got Victoria, VoE and a bunch of trash, so I decided to say gently caress it and do a 10+1 since I'll still have enough lapis for another 10+1 for Nier and another 30 tickets. First crystal comes down, holy loving poo poo, a rainbow? Just like that? :woop:

Fryevia.

Guess who didn't hold onto 20 moogles from the Easter event? :suicide:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

poo poo, do we know what crysts Randi's enhancements will need? I thought I could finally take a break from this event, but I've spent the last 6 months or so hearing about how amazing his enhancements are and I need to grab poo poo while it's available.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Ugato posted:

Just to be clear DV is not a finisher/capper/whatever term you want to use. Your ideal damage output is chaining as quickly as possible to max then landing a giant hit during your max chain bonus. Your chainers do still deal damage. And in the case of DV: a lot of damage. But you can get some truly massive hits from FV specifically because he's able to use fixed dice. For more on that rabbit hole just look up the math on fixed dice.

Is there any reason to not use fixed dice on as many people as possible? It seems like the damage variance should turn pretty much everyone into a monster.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Looking for advice, friends. I have enough ability enhancement mats to max out one unit. My plan was to hold out for Gilgamesh, since I had no badass chainer, and Tri Attack +2 seemed pretty good. Since I pulled DV, Knight Delita, and Tidus recently, now I don't know. Enhancement candidates are Ace, DKC, or continue waiting for Gilgamesh. Also, Randi, I guess, since his enhancements are coming up, though they don't look particularly amazing. I'm leaning towards DKC now. Any thoughts?

At the very least, DKC's Shikkoku upgrade is a game changer since it gives him a better attack% passive and 9999HP regen at +2. Dark Cannon's surprisingly cheap to upgrade so you might as well if you're going to be using him, but Soul Eater is the big prize. It's especially good if you've got another dark unit to pair him up with like VoD, Garland or Elza to take advantage of the -100% dark imperil.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 11, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

25 tickets, an 11 pull and a 10+ ticket later and I walked away with a ton of fodder, and 1 each 21O, 9S and 2B :woop:

Seriously, Eve being a banner unit and not raid is really bullshit and I hope everyone has better luck with getting him.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, counter breaks any "next turn" ability. like if you use advance on luneth and he counters, you get cut through next turn. how fun!

also you people with paralyze problems, do you not have lakshmi for some reason? she has an aoe 100% paralyze resist. if you don't have her and you aren't a new playe clear the drat story content you goobers.

My problem is my raid party is currently WoL, Refia, 2B, Elza and Fryevia, so without fail my first time is Arms Eraser, Embolden+2, Speed, Ravaging Blow+2 and Frost Flower Blitz, respectively. WoL could use Embolden, but then there's no attack break on Engels, and Refia could use Waking Protection, but then there's no attack/defense buff on my party, and sometimes Engels like to be a huge rear end in a top hat and do a ton of AoE attacks that nearly kills everyone from 5-6k HP, so I'm not gonna skip on my buffs and debuffs.

I suppose I could give one of my damage dealers Lakshmi, but gently caress that. Max damage all day erry day.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 14, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Do we know of any good banners coming up soon? I'm debating dumping my last 25 tickets into Nier trying for A2 or even just more TM fodder for the raid gacha, and it seems like it'd be kind of crazy for Gumi to do 3 banners in a row with absolute top tier physical damage dealers.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

iirc he was having Facebook login issues again.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is Beginning of the End still the best place to run for support crysts right now? I thought I was all set to max out both Randi's and Marie's enhancements, but it turns out I ran out of support heavicrysts even though I've got plenty of gian and purecrysts.:argh:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Charlotte is good. So are Warrior of Light and Earth Veritas and Cecil. And Wilhelm. Any of them is good, they all have a little something that makes them stand out:

Cecil: off heals
WoL: regenerating health
Charlotte: mana battery
Earth Veritas: damage mitigation
Wilhelm:? I don't have so I won't worry.

The Veritas banner is back up now, spent a few tickets, got a Heaven Veritas for Reberta/Fohlen. Will probably keep the materia on Reberta, my Fohlen is specced for evasion.

So, the left side of the story event is the power/support/guard/tech side, right? I need to get me some of those.

Does this mean VoE with Mechanical Heart and Reactive Defense would be a pretty amazing combo? I've been going back and forth between WoL and Cecil since I maxed out his LB when his 6* came out and the buff alone has made him still worth it for me, but I think I need to move on and replace him with a more recent tank.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well poo poo, I didn't realize that Calixte was a legit fight, and spent one turn getting it to 36% and the next getting my A team nuked into oblivion. Are there any strategies for it, or should I just take it slow and steady until it's at about 50% and then try to rush it?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, seeing as how OK's big deal seems to be all the extra skills and stuff he gets from the onion equipment, holy crap would it suck for anyone who pulls him after the event and doesn't get his exclusives from this event.

Outside of TMs, are the other units on the banner really even worth a drat? I'm still tossing a few tickets here and there at the Veritas banner because I really want a damned Veritas of the Heavens so I can use his TM to make a BiS Elza, but after doing all of the my daily pulls and around 10 tickets I still haven't pulled a single banner unit. I hate when I use up all of my luck on the previous banner. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, finally broke down and got the gold chest of abundance since I refuse to spend the normal amounts Gumi wants for lapis, and I got enough EX points for a 3* ticket. Figured I might as well, since they're non-banner pulls, and I can still use the 4* ticket from the bundle to try for a Veritas of the Heavens for his TMR. I burned the 3* ticket, and down comes a gold crystal. Boom. VoH.

Sometimes you can be kinda cool, game.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Lightning's still pretty decent in Arena, actually. Innate dual wield lets her deal 999x2 to just about anyone other than tanks, and she's got decent elemental coverage for chaining with mages or units like Fryevia/Fohlen. She's not gonna be on anyone's A team these days, but she's still useful.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, got a rainbow for my daily, but it was literally the wrong FF3 protagonist. Luneth's pretty much only good these days if he's fully awakened, which is gonna cost a shitload of support and tech crysts, right? I blew through all of my support crysts and probably around 10 million gil upgrading Randi a couple weeks ago, and I'm still recovering. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, as someone with with one Excalibur/Gilgamesh, two Agrias's and no Orlandus, would enhancing both Agrias's be the best use of my crysts and gil for this batch? I'd been planning on enhancing Gilgamesh for awhile, but now it sounds like his enhancements aren't going to be as good as I had in mind. I'm just curious if two fully enhanced Agrias's would be enough of a game changer to pull the trigger, or if I should continue to hold off for the eventual, hopeful Fryevia enhancements.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, moved some equipment around and got Trance Terra up to 871 MAG. Got a whole lot of inactives to clear in case anyone actually needs her. Usually I try to share Elza/2B/Fryevia between events.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

jetz0r posted:

Don't go smushing, feeding, or selling real units until you know what the gently caress you're doing.

Using stat pot units or metal catuars is fine. But feeding real units to each other for exp is dumb and will only lead to regrets.

Yeah, basically you're going to want to hold onto multiple characters who have really good TMs like Zidane's Dual Wield, Shine's Quick Assault and pretty much every 5* base character. Trust me, spending the lapis on expanding your roster is going to be a lot more worth it than smushing together characters with TMs you really, really want extra copies of.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Welp, after reading up on the faq and building my team for the Hein trial for about 15 minutes...a friend Ace with 1k+ Magic procs Trilaser and kills him in two turns. I'm okay with this.

Do we have any idea what other units will be on the Ayaka banner? I'm still rebuilding my lapis and tickets from the Nier event, so if it's the same quality of units as the Orlandu banner I'll keep saving up for whatever's after that instead of chasing a 5*.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Weren't they supposed to be doing some kind of rebalance for the arena ticket summons? I'm sitting on like 300 tickets that I really, really don't want to burn for ethers and minituars.

And yeah, this raid boss is pretty bullshit. It feels like you're basically supposed to run a physical team and hope for the best, since mage units are gonna have a lot less HP on average so they're not going to survive very long without a ton of buffs and debuffs anyway. It's really damned frustrating when I can field Elza with 4 demon killers and she's hitting this guy for barely quadruple digit damage after Ravaging Blow and Embolden. Maybe it'll be easier to get into the top 10k since people will most likely stop giving a gently caress about fighting this guy several times a day.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Azure posted:

Not sure if it's a bug, but there's two free summon on the standard tab?

Not that I'm complaining for free rolls.

Yeah, seems like a bug because both banners have the same description and start/end date.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Ugato posted:

I guess I didn't read all of it. You can dogpile hits and get to 50 for plenty of damage. But eventually you won't be able to just bring 4 dps because you need a breaker or support plus a healer and tank and and and.

Perfect chains are "spark chains" in game. They're when hits land very close together. The reason spark chaining is better is that chains cap at a maximum damage bonus and spark chains specifically build that bonus the fastest - 6 times faster than regular chains. So you can get a big dog pile of 50 hits, but because the bonus is building slower by comparison, two spark chaining units do a lot closer to the damage of 4 regular chaining units than you would expect. The hits you land at the chain bonus cap account for most of the damage you do.

Your 50 chain does 20 hits at the chain cap. Orlandu + Agrias spark chaining do 21 capped hits.

And the magnification gesture trick for Androids makes spark chaining a cinch. I was spark chaining two 2B's Avoid Attack during the Nier raid for 27 million damage. :black101:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've got the same problem. I'm stuck at around 289/295 equipment because I hold onto all of the event/unique/elemental weapons, but dammit. It feels like I need get a few extra slots every event.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

If anything I really want Demon Rain's enhancements for that loving Ignite. That'll make raids a breeze by letting you immediately apply an enormous offensive buff to your huge party.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Just keep in mind that enhancing Agrias is loving expensive. I could just barely afford the materials to max out one after grinding the Chamber of Gems for two days straight for power heavicrysts, and even then her stats don't compare to Orlandu's.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Jesus Christ, the arena changes have completely and utterly hosed the balance. I used to be able to just burn through wins no problem, but now every single team has ribbons and takes loving double digit damage from my characters who used to be able to just toss out 999 combos.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Victis posted:

I think some people's arena teams started out naked, or maybe act that way until you mess with them? Arena isn't really harder in general atm

....wow, yeah, that was exactly it. Why did it not occur to me that splitting arena from everything else would remove all of my loving equipment? :suicide:

Edit: Alright, so more weird equipment fuckery. I'm trying to reequip my Arena team, but now every time I put Encore on someone I just get a "Invalid Equipment Data" message and I get kicked back to the title screen. Is anyone else having problems with things like this? The game is still incredibly loving wonky right now. And I seriously hope that the "Rookie Quest" thing stops appearing. It still pops up each and every time I go to the home screen.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 30, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Killing Vector posted:

I got endless popups about Rookie Missions and Arena Parties until I used Restore - Redownload Data from the title screen (which I think is functionally similar to uninstall/reinstall).

Trying this for the second time, since I didn't even realize there were difficulties above int for the Harvest exploration. I thought they seriously expected us to farm several thousand lanterns at ~400 a run. This has been the buggiest loving update this game's ever gotten, I swear.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is general consensus that Luneth would be much more worth the ability awakening materials/gil than Queen? Unless we get a surprise Fryevia announcement, those are my two options for sinking power/support crysts right now.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Uh, so, how long have there been gil snapper families in the Autumn Moon map? I've been emptying all my energy on this damned event but this is the first I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Awesome, used the 100% moogle on Werei and got 2B up to 1059 attack and 6765 HP. Currently she's got an Excalibur, but I'll probably be switching between that and Deathbringer depending on what's better for current content. Cleared out about 7 inactives in case anyone could get some use out of her.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 5, 2017

• Locked thread