Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Cry Havoc posted:

dk cecil is gonna be a top tier finisher with his enhancements

Yea, I was just going to say this. His enhancements make him Really Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Nothing he sits there and takes it like a champ, and snorts a character every 3 turns. If you unlock the super secret challenge stage he actually rapes you and stuff

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I followed the steps to unlock the challenge version of King Mog and it didn't work. Anybody had success doing it and what specifically did you do?

I unlocked it. Turn 1 Play with him and guard with everyone else. That will unlock Insult King Mog. Then just kill him as normal after insulting him.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Everyone is leaving out that mercedes for how well she plays with Tidus

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

If it does stack it would be very good for someone like Wilhelm or Cecil.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

There are plenty of shards to get and upgrade 2 kelsus. I think the total available is ~900 if you're doing the quests every day and got the ones off King Mog

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Currently the heavy hitters that can make the best use of DKS are Greg, Orlandu, Luneth, Reberta, and now Tidus. Orlandu is still better with Genji/Excal though due to elemental whatnot. So if you have two of those guys, you'll want two DKS, other than that though probably not.

Honorable mention goes to Dark Knight Cecil, Lightning, Lasswell, and Fryevia, but they're less attractive for various reasons.

\/\/\/ - Greg is my finisher, not a chainer (yet). Snowpetal is no joke as a finishing move

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 5, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

if you dont want to use blade mastery on aileen it's probably fine for her too. actually any dps who wears heavy armor and can wield greatswords, since apocalypse is freely available 103 attack greatsword. the katana from the gilgamesh trial is free also sort of, but not as easy to attain. i will probably grind out a dark knight's soul before a second blade mastery at any rate

DKS is for regular swords, not greatswords

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No he isn't, the effective modifier for his finisher attack isnt that good even post enhancements. His real use is chaining with himself post enhancements.

After enhancements his finishing move is 200% damage with 65% def ignore.. that's hardly "not a good finisher"

\/\/\/ - No, you shouldn't I'm using him as my finisher right now as well and he's great.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 5, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Compared to Balthiers and veritas of fire %500 50 def ignore or Luneths and Noctis %550 modifier 50 def ignore?

Oh yea I'll level up one of those guys and replace Greg with right now, thanks for the advice

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So basically until Gumi released some kind of whale rewards program like those games, we'll be endlessly debating what a whale is. Great moving on

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oriental Hugs posted:

After days of rerolling I finally get a Orlandeau. Should I stop or keep going?

Keep him, you'll be able to breeze through most content, well into the endgame stuff, with just him and a friendlandu. Post your friend code and we'll toss you some invites.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

DKC, Olive, Refia, Zyrus, Mercedes, Garland, CoD, and Cerius are your best characters (Cerius only for elemental resistance fights).

Unfortunately you have basically all finishers, and no chainers.. Olive, Mercedes, and Garland are currently very good chain cappers, and DKC when he gets his enhancements will also be top of the heap, but you can't cap a chain that doesnt exist...

For now I'd say your team could be Olive, DKC, Mercedes, Zyrus, and Refia? That should be more than enough to get you through the story. Endgame content I would sub out DKC and Zyrus for CoD and Garland, until DKC gets his enhancements. You really do need a reliable chainer. Chizuru and Setzer are probably the first you'll come across so be on the lookout for them. Also TM that Ludmille ASAP so Refia can have Dualcast

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Jawdins posted:

Thanks, I'm saving lapis for a big 11 pull to try and get a 4* chainer. Is Rikku a good chainer or should I just pull on the standard summon?

Rikku IS a good chainer, on top of everything else. You should definitely try your hardest to get her while her banner is up. She is a meta defining unit and you want her

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

the thing about rikkus lb is that the buffs are just a nice little bonus and i am pretty sure that the auto revive health percent doesn't change with levels, but on the other hand cecil is more or less completely outdated by wol? in a vacuum cecil would probably be a better lb to level but he's outdated and even if you don't have a wol you will eventually, whereas i dont think anyone has taken over rikkus niche even in japan right now.

i am sort of struggling to figure out who to limit pot too since i got olive to 25 today and it seems like aileens is just always strictly worse than using piledriver.

Right now WoL and Cecil are sidegrades of each other, one can break, and the other can heal, depending on the needs of the fight. Wilhelm is better than both of them. Once WoL gets his enhancements THEN he completely outclasses Cecil, but is a sidegrade of Wilhelm. When Wilhelm gets his enhancements... well.. they're ridiculous.

I still use Cecil over WoL honestly, I like that he can heal a lot, especially in arena where I'm not bringing a healer, and his LB is great so I would say pot him. +74% ATK/DEF/SPR is no joke

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

7 more slots left, currently equipped with Spirit Slayer for King Mog killing:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I still kick myself a little for not getting Survival Edges.

Same, I passed on Survival Edges and Winged Saint and with seemingly every update I say to myself "Boy I wish I had either of those!." Ugh

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Do killers still not work with jumps?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

E:f,b

Raslers TM is really great for a tank, possibly BiS even. As a character he's trash though.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I know I'm late to bowie chat but it's also BiS for Mercedes and Chiz, because of the as mentioned masteryless weapon selection.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Just did the 2B bugged robot fight with my old Galaxy S3 this morning. Used Lightning, Greg, Wilhelm, Rikku, Refia, and friend 2B. Basically just generated orbs and cast raise/survival things until the esper bar was charged and then it was just a quick pod charge to murdertown. I'm pretty psyched this happened because there was a 90% I would never have wasted 4 hours doing that fight otherwise, and never have gotten any of this sweet stuff. Thanks bad programmers!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

It's ok, if you just spam pod charge every turn with 2B she'll keep casting reraise on herself. Then you can just do AoE spear move at a moments notice and 1shot him if things get out of hand.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Freed up 6 slots if anyone is interested:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

You know there's an "accept all" button.....right?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

There are so many other characters that would rather have their LBs maxed. I don't think I'd do a pure damage one until i did like... Wilhelm, Earth Veritas, Yshtola, Rikku, A2, Zyrus, Cecil, ExDeath. Though I guess ExDeath and Cecil could probably be skipped at this point. Olive would be #1 once you cross into the pure damage category. You could even make an argument for Vanille for arena shenanigans.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 19, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Appologies if this has been posted before: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6t3ovx/summon_rates_are_not_what_we_believed_statistical/

This is probably why I've got 3 Eves, 6 non-banner 4*s and no 9S.

Ugh.

I don't know, I used 20 tickets + dailies and got A2, 4x 9s, Eve, and 7 21O's... sooo

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Dana Crysalis posted:

Only ten turns to cap. He makes a very, very solid finisher in extended fights if you can keep him alive and Imperil fire. Otherwise, he's not worth bothering. However, his TM is the best mage rod period so give that a go.

Also now that they made all stacking mechanics go to the same pool, theoretically you could TM comet, and dual cast it for 5 turns to max out FFB.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Were you able to do the robot fight? Because if so then snow is a good choice, otherwise Heavens is good for Aileen, yea.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Ugato posted:

I'm not entirely bothered by losing a non-boosted 11 pull. Just 11 less trash units I have to find and smash together.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Yea my arena team of Cecil, Ling, Dark Fina, ExDeath, Ariana Grande is versatile enough that I havent switched any of them out since Ariana joined the team like 5 months ago or whatever. The only downside is that when black magic or dualcast is banned, I have to switch to Holy Light/Dystopia/Boo! and it takes 2-3 turns to kill everyone instead of 1.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cobalt60 posted:

Team comp stuff

Also, you want your absolute top tier everything on your finisher to maximize that hit. Then build down onto your chainers with what's left over. They're only there to build that chain, maximising the damage while doing so is just a bonus.

I'm actually setting up a similar team using DKC as the finisher and DV + TGC chaining. I only actually need/want 2 dark weapons (for TGC and DV), and the rest non elemental because Soul Cannon does dark damage already, and any element mixing reduces damage overall like the hotdog guy said.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 31, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Hi posted:

I pulled a rainbow gilgamesh from the half off daily pull today, I see his TMR is pretty much a must have but should he probably stay in the group even after as a physical dps ?

Right now I have 6* earth and dark veritas , 5* agrias, and 4* Zidane and 210 I was really just keeping for the TMR progress. Not sure who id take out, I want agrias / zidane / 210s TMRs , maybe zidane since genji gloves full that role

Greg is far, far better than Zidane and 21O. He is also better than 5* Agrias. There is no point in keeping people on your team for TMR progress, you will never get them to 100%. Just use the people who kill the things. For perspective, I pulled TGC on his banner in March, I have used him in literally every battle for every story mission, king mog event, raid, and deployment you can possibly use him for and he's only at like 23%.

If you want to TMR the only realistic way to do it is to set up an emulator like Memu or Nox, and get a script that will run the Earth Shrine - Entrance for you over and over again while you're sleeping.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 31, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Can't wait for those Ruggles enhancements

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cobalt60 posted:

To clarify, "the damage multiplier" is some unseen portion of the damage calculation, right? And my approach of giving DV and Orlandeau both Excals and Moonblades SHOULD make this multiplier higher than if O had light + no element and DV had dark + no element?

Normally, mixing elements and weapons like that is not a good idea, as the imperils and resists cause wonky damage calc numbers, but since both DV and TGC's imperil's are identical. Since they're both using only those elements, it SHOULDN'T cause any problems unless you're going against an enemy with either Holy or Dark Resist, in which case it would lessen your overall damage potential. It would be better to give them Holy + Nonelemental, or Dark + Nonelemental, and just focus on one type instead of mixing.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Dana Crysalis posted:

Always Buy Event Gear™

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

drat, what rainbows did you pull off all those?

lol

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I don't know what that reddit says, but when I was exploiting the poo poo out of the Robot Trial with the 2B glitch, my Wilhelm took a robot punch right to the mouth after using his LB and survived with like 14hp. He's not nearly as good as that guys.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Bruceski posted:

what's this?

In you accessibility options, in the vision section, there's an option to turn on "magnification gestures." What it does is zoom in on a particular area of the screen if you triple tap the same spot. Sounds useless right?

Well what it also does functionally is delay the entry of taps everywhere on your phone in order to wait and see if you're going to triple tap. So when you have it on and push your two Orlandus, it waits to enter the first tap until you tap the second one elsewhere on the screen, registering that you're NOT triple tapping to zoom, and fires the two initial taps off simultaneously. This gives you 100% prefect spark chains for every hit, every time.

It's also incredibly annoying in every other place in the game and on your phone, so I only turn it on if I'm going for some kind of trial content.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Actually she is the most powerful single character in the game right now. Her per turn damage modifier is 4070% not including imperils, to put this in perspective Orlandu and Co are capable of ~2750% per turn. The downside is that she can only chain with herself, but if you have two of them (or people actually leave her as their friend unit) and feel like doing more than hitting the repeat button, she's a murdermachine. Once she gets her awakenings her per turn damage% DOUBLES by making Prishe's Special activate every other turn instead of every 4 turns.

Additionally, she has other combo trees that unlock 45% aoe breaks, and AoE Reraise (ala Rikku's LB). Full breakdown is here

The reason people aren't going crazy is that none of these things are on demand, and the combo chains end if she dies or counters.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Shoenin posted:

Im more questioning on what kind of hosed up miscreant uses 40 piles of slime to cook stuff.

Isn't the chili cookoff of the FFXV quest? There's your answer. Noctis does. Noctis makes chili with 40 piles of slime.

• Locked thread