Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm surprised any of you can do anything. I've managed to get in for a total of a minute. Enough to collect two expeditions, get kicked out, get back in, then collect my inbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Nice, two new 5*s on my 5* pull. Marie and Delita. Didn't get much on my 10+1, though.

And a Rikku as my first pull on the FFX banner. Not too shabby.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, King Mog ELT isn't particularly hard, but it IS kind of a slog.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally got enough stuff to get my Ludmille TM. Time for some Dualcast shenanigans. I have a lot of units it'll hopefully help on.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to clear Spherimorph on my first shot. Fohlen/Reberta/Amelia is a hell of a combo, even with it resisting wind. Wilhelm and Tillith combined for some pretty silly sustain. I'm not sure Spherimorph can even kill a decent Wilhelm. It's also a lot easier if you don't gently caress around with the elements he cares about. All he did was physically attack and use Press while I was using wind attacks.

Still have to go get some more butterfly powder for Razzmatazz, but nothing too crazy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CyberLord XP posted:

I pulled a Fohlen off the 5* ticket and have no idea how to gear him. What do you do with this guy?

Similar to an Orlandeau. Dual wielding good weapons and all the attack up stuff you can throw on him. I'm lacking a lot of the really good TMs for it, but mine's been pretty impressive. I'm using Enhancer/Crimson Blood, Dual Wield, Lasswell's Insignia, and Dark Knight's Soul.

He's a bit different in that you have to either rely on Speedster triggering or Vortex first turn. He's self-supporting, but his chaining move doesn't apply the elemental debuff like Orlandeau.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just managed to pull Queen on a multi and Noctis on a 4* EX Ticket. That's a lot of new 5*s in two days. Thankfully, the EX system gives you a decent stack of cactuars to level up the fruits of your whaling. Shame it wasn't retroactive.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I guess the best way to get butterfly scales is just to run BGN a few times? I guess I only need like 8 each, so 24 energy's not really a huge waste.

Edit: Looks like they stop spawning if you re-run it enough times. Up to ADV, it is.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 30, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaybackJack posted:

After running each mission once I had everything but Razzmataz(sp). Ran ELT again, got everything I needed. ELT gives you so many you shouldn't be ok after running it twice.

I just needed a handful, but didn't feel like slogging through Spherimorph again. It wasn't difficult with my team, but I'm pretty sure re-running the lower ones is going to be less effort since I'm back and forth to the game anyway.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Had I realized I needed like 20 litrock to take WoL to 5*, I'd have farmed it when we had half energy. :mad:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 30, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like multisummons are working now. I burned through a bunch of my mog coins.

I hav just enough of the 6* materials and Crimson Ore to get what I need for 6* WoL and Noctis. Who should I do first?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a good way for me to use Fohlen and Noctis together? I feel like I want to use one or the other, since I can't really take advantage of wind-elemental chaining with Noctis. Or does it matter if my finisher doesn't match? Or should I be replacing Fohlen with Noctis and relying on Reberta's Breaths to get my elemental debuffs?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fohlen is pretty good as a chainer, akin to a Orlandeau that requires a bit more setup. He also requires less specific equipment to shine. Xon's a really useful thief and can help you get rare materials easily. I just used mine this afternoon to speed up some Litrock farming, since he has an AoE mug ability.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So where does Noctis fit best in a team? I've been working on leveling him up, but it occurred to me that I didn't see who he'd be replacing. My current A-team is Fohlen/Reberta/Amelia/Tilith/Wilhelm. I just don't see where he (or Rikku, for that matter) fits in. I could always drop Tilith and rely on a Dualcasting Amelia to keep me alive between chains and Wilhelm to buff and throw in Noctis, but I don't have a good enough wind weapon to let him cap my elemental chains or an extra dual wield option to let him contribute more.

I mean, I see where I'd want WoL over Wilhelm or that I'd want a Marie or Minfilia for certain content.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaybackJack posted:

Add Rikku to this list. She's necessary for certain content but you have better characters you'll be using most of the time. Wilhelm doesn't even really have a place on your normal squad because you don't always need a tank. You only need Rikku for times when you a) need more damage reduction and elemental buffing or b) need auto-revive. Wilhelm will come out only when you need a provoke tank.

Given that lineup I would swap Wilhelm for Noctis. Also swap Amelia for WoL. Tilith buffs everyone, WoL breaks DEF/SPR, then use Noctis as a finisher to Reberta and Fohlen.

Good point about Wilhelm, hadn't considered tank as a situational thing. He's been so useful for most of the content lately that he just kind of ended up staying in the slot. Haven't really been hurting for a finisher, but we'll see what a Noctis can do. My WoL isn't maxed yet, but I can see the appeal of a breaker/hybrid tank. Rikku's maxed out for when I need her, but yeah, Tilith is a much more useful character overall.

Do I need Noctis dual-wielding to use him as a finisher? I only have one Dual Wield and a Bowie Knife, which are on Fohlen and Reberta, respectively. I have a Machine Gun+ and could get an Excalibur by cashing in some moogles to give him a strong single weapon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I scored a Rem today and I'm happier about that than I would have been for Tidus, I think. I can at least give Rem an Air Dagger to help with my element chaining when she isn't supporting. Also looking forward to ruining people's days in the Arena with Siphon Delta.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have 20 of her moogles from the Bahamut event on the off chance I get a second one.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ashe seems pretty solid, is she worth working on? I think I've gotten all my more obvious 6* candidates maxed out. Her only real competition is Marie right now, fare as I can tell.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got Reberta rigged for killin' dagrons. Dual wielding Crimson Blood/Bahamut's Fang. Don't have Odin yet, but such is life.

I guess I'll work on Ashe, then Marie. I'll be able to do both with the loot from the Anniversary and the motes. Emperor and Gilgamesh are still back-burnered. I'm running low on 6*s to work on. Hopefully we get Zidane at some point, I'm thinking he'll pair well with Fohlen with the new wind dagger from this event.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pulled two more Ashes, so I guess I have a pretty decent Mote farming team. The one I leveled to 100 chains gorgeously with Reberta, makes life really easy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Which skills were those, again?

Ashe has Heaven's Fury, which has a longish windup, but consistent timing between hits. It's a 10-hit, which works well with Reberta's dual-wield Mystic Thrust. Just the two of them can do a 21 or so chain, which is nice combined with how much damage Reberta can do.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I pulled the last Terra I needed for the Ultima TM and a Dark Knight Cecil. Not too shabby.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Decided to spend my moogles on Kefka and get a Ribbon. Also finished off Terra with a dupe I pulled. Shame nobody really has level 8 black magic access.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I beelined for the Crossblade so I could add Rem to my Fohlen/Reberta elemental chains.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How many pieces of dual-wield gear and materia do I need? Right now I have a Dual Wield and a Bowie Knife and use Rem and Amelia, who have native dual-wield. I'd love to have Amelia using a wind-element weapon to help with element chaining, so is it worth trying to get another DW? Or should I be going for a Genji Glove, instead?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Dana Crysalis posted:

I mean, Lightning absolutely won't carry Robot, you want a friend Emperor for the massive damage output.

Also dang you people and your daily rainbows. She's fairly acceptable as a bard right now, will be super outclassed if Ramza is next month, then get back up to near par with her enhancements.

How does one build/use Emperor, anyway? It's just dualcasting Fire From Below, right? I've had one for a while, guess it's time to finally get him leveled up.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 17, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hamsystem posted:

I'm at almost 40 unique maxed 6* units. Bring on the 10 man stuff already. (also Ramza enhancements)

I just took Emperor to 100, making him my 26th. Team composition has definitely gotten a lot more interesting with all the weird gimmick units.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hmm, I probably didn't need to buy the cactuars right now. Don't really have anyone worth upgrading. I guess I could get my dupe Fohlen to 80 and awaken him some other time?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't get my 10+1 (that's tomorrow), but I did do some pulls and got a Fryvia. I could use some Fryvia tips, though I'm not sure how well she fits with my existing squad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hamsystem posted:

Build her for MAG+dual wield (genji glove preferred), get her TM sword+enhancer, and as many letters and arms as you can. She really only chains well with herself but she's stupid strong.

Ok, so she's being filed under Long-Term Projects, then. I have almost none of those things.

I have to do a few runs of the event, but I should have a decent Agrias by the end of the day. I just need awakening mats, I think I have enough cactuars. I saw a recommended build for her the other day, but I forget what it was.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Did two 10 pulls, only new things were a 9S and a few 21Os. 9S seems solid, he worth leveling up?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Add me to the half priced Onion Knight crew. Have him just shy of 800 attack, but Hein caught me off guard. Guess Trance Terra is the way to go over Reberta as my other hitter for the event.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Desch seems like a pretty solid breaker and off-cover tank. Is he actually as decent as he looks?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cartoon Man posted:

Nope, he sucks. Farm his TM and keep a copy for the trophy case.

Oh well. I threw a cactuar at him so he can help full-break Hein, but that does seem to be the consensus.

Also holy poo poo I actually have on Onion Knight over 800 attack. Should be even higher once I get his armor. :awesome:

Guess his sword should take priority over a Genji Glove, given that I have Dual Wield and a Bowie Knife already?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Actually managed to snag a Veritas of the Heavens to go with my wind-elemental chaining team. I guess he's replacing Amelia and I end up running Rem/Onion Knight/Fohlen/Reberta/VoH? Obviously swapping in a tank or breaker (or WoL for both) for someone there, if needed.

Or do I bother since I already have Fohlen for my wind imperil? Just throw in my fancy new Zargbaath to spin up my Onion Knight or 9S for breaking, instead. Or ditch Rem, do both and just :fuckoff: everything.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 6, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't managed to break 50% on Hein, but I also keep doing stupid poo poo like not paying attention to my buffs. Also could probably stand to enhance Marie. I wasn't having much of a problem until I started having to re-orient after a Trance Terra died. Zargabaath was probably a good call, I just could have used him better. He does the MP battery thing and can off-buff.

My attempt was Rem/Trance Terra/Marie/Tilith/Zargabaath with a friend Trance Terra. I think I'm gonna swap Zarg for 9S once I get him leveled.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 8, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Taking Marie's abilites to +1 was the piece I was missing. 9S is a really impressive support, too. The gauntlets don't really give my OK a huge attack boost, but it's the principle of the thing, really.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Veritas of the Waters has Aqua Prison, a 45% 3-turn AoE full break, but it's behind Forbidden Arts.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cobalt60 posted:

Should I punt on even trying this Hein fight? I'm not old but not totally new to the game either, but I've never pulled a top mage so never bothered with them as a result.

I fast-leveled my Zyrus, but his MAG is maybe 550-600 I think. I do have Marie, Delta, Wilhelm, DV, Tillith, and the other usual folks (EDIT: no Rem or Ace), so it seems like I could stay alive, but I'd be relying on a friend for basically all damage, huh?

My Trance Terra isn't much better. I don't have many good mage TMRs. I ran her Dual Wielding Draco Spikes with some Sage's Pranas. and chaining with another Trance Terra for most of my damage in that right. Rem definitely helped things along, but Ashe would probably do the work just as well. Marie, Tilith, and a good breaker fill out the rest. I used 9S for Spread Shield on off-turns, but Delita could probably handle it. Once you neuter his damage and debuffs, he's pretty harmless. The SPR break is pretty important, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Pulled a Victoria on my half price today. Farmed up the Sacred Crystals to get her to 5, but I'm 11 Calamity Writ short of getting her to 6. :(

• Locked thread