Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

BDawg posted:

Looks like I should spend time to farm elemental tears. Hopefully, that won't take too long.

Run the colosseum INT S-2. You can steal/get drops from Blue elementals and Skadi. Bring a Xon and way lay stuff. You probably won't get 10 but it will give you a good start before burning NRG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I pulled a Fohlen off the 5* ticket and have no idea how to gear him. What do you do with this guy?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Who else has 50%, or better, breaks? Anyone?

Not that this matters in this context, but Fryveia has a 50% ATK break.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Someone was working on a list of all the evasion gear/materia. Does anyone have that handy?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Since her chain move is hybrid damage wouldn't Power of Creation be better than Letters and Arms since it's 30% to atk/mag instead of just the mag boost, or does L&A still manage to be more useful because lol hybrid skills?

L&A all day. You hit harder with a high stat and a low stat than with 2x mid stats.

We should be friends! This is with Dual Wield:

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 3, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

this is also why even though his big "nuke" is hybrid damage that bartz still does more damage with it by stacking one stat instead of having a mixture of both

Yup! In addition your MAG stat is the same for both sets of attacks while your ATK only factors in whatever weapon is currently being used in that attack.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Remember that Vaan is now a 6* budget chained who will be on banner as of tomorrow.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Tipme posted:

Found a noctis With that ring a few months ago, still hasn't accepted my friend request, it's still there.

Most likely because if it was months ago he injected it and had the account banned.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Office Thug posted:

Thank you, I'm going to focus on Tidus then. I already have Brotherhood for him, and am wondering whether I should dual-wield him with Excalibur, Deathbringer, or Save the Queen, which are all options I could farm up pretty fast with Trust Moogles. But I hear that mixing elements splits your elemental damage so I'm not sure.

Edit: Or save some moogles and get Genji Blade

Of those options Genji Blade and Save the Queen would be best since you wouldn't be splitting elements.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Splitting elements only matters if something has resists in which case you should be switching gear to avoid that element anyway.

If he's running Tidus he's gonna try and use Blitz Ace for the 70%-100% water imperil. If he uses Holy and Water damage he won't be taking full advantage of that imperil. If he's running with a freindlandeu then this won't matter.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

AegisP posted:

Well, it'll matter insofar as he'll be gaining 62.5-75% out of a possible 100% imperil benefit.

Okay, have less impact then.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

The man called M posted:

Those of you saying that Cid was Easy, how many TMs do you have?

At this point... all the TMs. A better question is probably what rank are you. I'm 114. Anything above 100 means you've definitely been around.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 14, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Gotta use that Mog Search!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Honestly if your whole arena team isn't resistant to petrify what have you been doing for the last two weeks?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

SereneCrimson posted:

Free daily was Lunera #2

Really don't know how to feel about this. I already got her TM when I pulled that first one, and I don't use dupes in my teams so she won't be used for chaining.
I suppose I'll just keep her in my inventory... hopeful for the day that they implement a unit trading system (probably never happening)

Why don't you use dupes? Seems like a super random way to restrict yourself.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Grind out 2 Growth Eggs and 4 ACTION,, then run Timber Tracks. 66900x4 unit exp for 8 energy and you get some resources, but it takes like 15 minutes a run. On the plus side pretty much any pimped out DPS can carry your through.

I have two growth eggs and I regret the poo poo out of getting them. Raids give so much goddamn exp it's ridiculous. I mean to each their own, but grinding 6 TMRs is basically like spending around 12K lapis.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Scrublord Prime posted:

In addition to lovely drop rates I'll bet the rare mob is a miniboss like that Dual Horn from one of the first Type Zero events. Wake it up and it shreds your party and it also has 200% holy resistance so Team Agrias can't Ruination it to death.

But chocobos?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Scrublord Prime posted:

I got nothin' then! (besides low drop rates)

Honestly, I just assume Gumi will be up to something else.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Hot garbage. Time to go fuse things.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did they seriously forget to remove the summer finas from the loving pull list?

They aren't a limited unit.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Hot garbage. Time to go fuse things.

Just revisiting, but could you imagine paying 5k lapis for this? Dat Gacha.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Voodoo posted:

Pulled a Rem on my 10+1. Is she good for anything that Tilith isn't, outside of the Arena?

She's a top tier chain capper if built correctly.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

Snow got poo poo on because of the rating on the ffbe wiki i think making people really dislike him for no particularly good reason that i could see. he was our only 100% provoke tank for a very long time and with dual wield and his counters he could generate a LOT of lb/esper crystals. he's still hypothetically useful as an offtank to pair up with Cecil i think. the real reason he doesnt compete with the other tanks is that they have built in mitigation in their kits whereas Snow just gets blasted like an idiot

At least you can dump reactive Defense on him now.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Ubiquitus posted:

Olive seems to do fine? Her lb usually cleans up two units, and the third can't kill her in one turn

"Bonus unit"

Beaten like Elt with 6 Agrias.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Tim's hat is new BIS for Fry isn't it? I want!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Man this Agion trial is super stupid. I have a decent team that can probably beat it (Rikku, WoL, Tilith, Maxwell, Fry+ friend Fry) but the loving thing just takes HOURS to do. Like 45 minutes to kill the left arm once? gently caress that, I'm not playing this game for 8 hours straight. Maybe I'll try again when Ramza get's his enhancements.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

How do Soliel's enhanced dances work?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Really wish they would stop enhancing MAX 5* characters but that's Gumi for ya!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

hey man, you leave tim alone. he's got a good tm and good breaks!

also its a huge bummer that you don't have any other 6* capable healers, do you have any ludmille at all?

Ludmille is everyone's first pull now.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I'm excited about Nier, but I just realized the 2x +30% HP materias I had cooking are pretty worthless now. They are at 62.4% and 44.3%. Should I smoosh them and cut my losses or keep them for smooshing future pulls into?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I think I'll just take them out of rotation for now.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I got 2x 9S but I'm gonna probably blow my last 15 tickets on this banner since free TMR's and time limited units.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Pretty sure nier is limited, you won't see these guys again.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I'm thinking of farming up a few extra Tech crysts for Soleil. What's the best level in Time for Revenge to farm Tech crysts from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Yeah they weight things heavily toward free 5* TMRs. It makes sense but it's still annoying as hell.

• Locked thread