Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

I mean, it's a Spiderman movie and you want him to be the protagonist, but the way Stark handles a seemingly unique operation creating weapons from alien tech is kinda reckless.

I will respond to this in one months time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

this is amazing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

precision posted:

this is amazing

Agreed, laughed pretty hard. "Wait... You have a mechanical bird suit?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Wait, you sell weapons? ...to WHO?"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jenny is a national treasure.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I just rewatched this now that it's available on itunes, and I just realised something... Why the gently caress were they eating thai food with chopsticks?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Lord Bude posted:

I just rewatched this now that it's available on itunes, and I just realised something... Why the gently caress were they eating thai food with chopsticks?

Because they're not Thai and give no fucks?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is the first I'm hearing that it's a problem. All the Thai restaurants I've been to, they give me chopsticks. At least for the noodle dishes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I always get sent chopsticks with my Thai food.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think I've ever been sent chopsticks with any kind of takeaway... That happens?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I always get at least two pairs with any takeout or delivery, yeah.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Because they're not Thai and give no fucks?

That doesn’t explain why the Thai restaurant had chopsticks in the first place. It would be like going to an Italian restaurant and randomly being given chopsticks. Thai people eat with a fork and a spoon.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

That doesn’t explain why the Thai restaurant had chopsticks in the first place. It would be like going to an Italian restaurant and randomly being given chopsticks. Thai people eat with a fork and a spoon.

Western customers have grown accustomed to getting offered chopsticks at this point due to sushi and noodles. Whether it's authentic or not is beside the point.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Well, I'm Chinese so I can only speak from my experience, but pretty much every Thai restaurant I've been to offers a choice of cutlery or chopsticks, if it's not just all stuffed in a canister on the table. So maybe it's to cater for other Asians who prefer using chopsticks? My mum does, especially for noodles and such.

vv Ah, I'm from Malaysia but live in Australia currently. I know we do it like this back home but perhaps it's not that common in Australia, I haven't been to that many places here in Perth. There are definitely a couple that I remember having chopsticks, but it might be a one off thing.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 13, 2017

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It must be an American thing, I’ve never seen chopsticks in a Thai restaurant in Australia.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I can see it being primarily a North American thing. Canada, here.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

It must be an American thing, I’ve never seen chopsticks in a Thai restaurant in Australia.

Weird, I've seen them in a bunch of places in the UK + Australia.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Lord Bude posted:

Yeah but they're selling their food to Americans and might not be a very good.

And in the UK you almost always get the option of chopsticks in Chinese or Thai restaurants, but I don't think I've ever had them delivered.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Thai food in New York is loving incredible, I don't care if they're treating me like an idiot by giving me chopsticks, I'll eat that poo poo with no utensils if I have to.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's even Thai food from different regions, which is exciting.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
loving Chopstickgate

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

UmOk posted:

loving Chopstickgate

Civil War had a Star Wars reference but Homecoming has Thai fighting.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Larb is delicious.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I eat my Thai food by spreading it on the floor, laying on it completely nude, and absorbing it.

I have saved at least one decent sized tree in chopsticks with this method.

I am painfully single.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Lying naked on a bed of spicy peppers would be painful, yea

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pretty hot to watch though, assuming they’re at least a moderately attractive dude under 30.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Pretty hot to watch though, assuming they’re at least a moderately attractive dude under 30.

Lol. This is the Something Awful Forums. Pretty sure they aren't either of those things.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

GonSmithe posted:

Thai food in New York is loving incredible, I don't care if they're treating me like an idiot by giving me chopsticks, I'll eat that poo poo with no utensils if I have to.

It's normal to eat noodles, especially noodle soups, with chopsticks, but a spoon is the main utensil in Thailand. Even a fork is kind of a secondary thing. My understanding is it was primarily a finger food culture prior to Westernization of the royalty, similar to some parts of India.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Got my copy in the mail today. Not even 20 min, and I’m laughing my rear end off like the theaters. Everything is so much fun in this movie. It really is one of the top 5 MCU releases along with the original Iron man, Dr. Strange, Winter Soldier, and Avengers.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

UmOk posted:

Lol. This is the Something Awful Forums. Pretty sure they aren't either of those things.

I think there are a fair number of dudes here?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Tiger posted:

I think there are a fair number of dudes here?

Probably approaching 100%. None are moderately attractive or under 30 unfortunately.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

UmOk posted:

Probably approaching 100%. None are moderately attractive or under 30 unfortunately.

I'm attracted to super pasty nerd dudes though. They can either be scrawny type nerds or chubby type nerds, as long as they don't appear to have seen the inside of a gym at any point.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

ok then

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

huh

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Watched this for the first time last night. Spider-Man is my all-time favorite superhero and I thought this was the best Spider-Man movie yet. It was extremely true to the character, super funny, the action pieces were terrific, and I loved every minute of it.

I think Michael Keaton really did steal the show. He was a really believable and almost relatable villain. I loved when he fried the guy accidentally because he thought he was using an anti-gravity gun. The scene where he's driving them to the prom was super tense and his acting when he was figuring out that Peter Parker is Spider-Man was fantastic.

All of the cameos in this movie were great, too.

This was the first 4K DVD I watched on my shiny new 4K TV and holy hell, I don't know if I could go back.

I can't wait for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Marissa Tomei is Aunt May OAT

• Locked thread