Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Steve2911 posted:

I would've thought they'd want to avoid legit criminals knowing their every move.

I wonder where the income cutoff is where your grandma didn't keep a police scanner in the kitchen and listen to it every evening cause everyone I grew up around sure as poo poo did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WampaLord posted:

Also, what do you expect Peter to do when most of the calls he hears are things like domestic disputes or other situations along those lines? Go in there and beat up abusive husbands himself?

Why is that out of bounds but protecting banks and poo poo isn't

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Imho, Peter should neither be worrying about banks or contributing to an already-violent domestic situation.

Agreed but then again vigilantes in general and teenage dumbass vigilantes in particular are bad all around. So it's like, whether or not there must be a Spider Man, there is. So what "should" he be doing?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Being a massive loving idiot is basically Spiderman's core character trait.

Yeah, unlike a Super Man or a Bat Man or whomever, Spider Man doesn't have any particularly developed ethos or goals. With great power comes great responsibility...for...something...and to do...certain other things. Which is why his rogues gallery are all either soap opera stand ins for his family (Green Goblin is is dad, Black Cat his girlfriend, Venom is his work rival, etc) or completely unintelligible animal themed goofuses like Vulture and Rhino.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Inescapable Duck posted:

There's a reason people lament the Raimi movies as a ton of missed opportunities.

What's the reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

GonSmithe posted:

Thai food in New York is loving incredible, I don't care if they're treating me like an idiot by giving me chopsticks, I'll eat that poo poo with no utensils if I have to.

It's normal to eat noodles, especially noodle soups, with chopsticks, but a spoon is the main utensil in Thailand. Even a fork is kind of a secondary thing. My understanding is it was primarily a finger food culture prior to Westernization of the royalty, similar to some parts of India.

• Locked thread