Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

What is this "Plan With Me" thing?

"Plan With Me" has been a community driven popularization of keeping, decorating, and sharing your analog planners. This has been a thriving community for many years, but still a pretty niche part of the internet.

What does this community do?

Youtube has literally hundreds of thousands of "Plan With Me" videos. These videos involve the content creator putting their planner under their camera and spending the entirety of the video decorating their planner with washi (decorative tape), stickers, and fancy lettering. As a result there are also thousands of independent shops on Etsy that fuel this community with selling specialized planner stickers.

Some additional communities include a Facebook group that wavers between funny "planner community drama" and mundane fuckery that is really boring and causes you to accidentally quit your entire browser application. [https://www.facebook.com/groups/ECFGW] Another community is a lovely forum that sometimes has funny drama that I barely understand. [http://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?f=8974199]

Why does this thread exist?

Personally, I bought into some of these planner gimmicks because I can't resist the idea of being organized. The decorating aspect of planners motivates me to look at my planner more often than twice a year. But most of these existing communities vacillate between inspiring and entertaining to downright annoying and mundane.

Does anyone have an interest in sharing or critiquing this hobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread