Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
can you believe this operating system is such a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

it's somehow gotten worse than when ballmer was here. 8 was peak awful, but 10 is worse than 7

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
it's real bad, op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm not even surprised anymore, op

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

its so bad even microsoft is abandoning it

see: sql server 2017, .net core, gnu/window 10's ubuntu bash shell

burning swine
May 26, 2004

SRQ posted:

it's somehow gotten worse than when ballmer was here. 8 was peak awful, but 10 is worse than 7

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i installed win10 a few days ago and so far it works for me. i can buy videogames that i'll never play with it and they run flawlessly with 16GB frames per second :-)

so you can frig right off OP ! ! !!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

yes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

obstipator posted:

i installed win10 a few days ago and so far it works for me. i can buy videogames that i'll never play with it and they run flawlessly with 16GB frames per second :-)

so you can frig right off OP ! ! !!

just wait until it reboots in the middle of that game when win 10 decides you need updates lol (this happened to me when i was playing gta v once)

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
it sucks

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
hahaha

this thread is so true!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ive had it fail to install an update for like the past week so i had to put it on delay updates

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

here's one that i've found since the last update

whenever i plug in my iPhone to the usb cable to charge, the os goes bazonkers and beeps a bunch of times

then the wifi adapter fails and i have to plug it back in

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
still better than Mac OSuX

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hifi posted:

ive had it fail to install an update for like the past week so i had to put it on delay updates

:yossame: but for like 3 months or smth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

windows 10 is good, you're just holding it wrong

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you get what you pay for OP

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the ui/ux of windows is really Good

the ui/ux of other operating systems such as Apple is buggy and also it is clunky

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Since seeing what complete open-rear end garbage WinRT was after recently also seeing a completely updated Windows 8, I have decided that 10 is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
I've had wupdate disabled for months and don't have any issues except when Plex needs an update and tries to go to the Windows store then says
"looks like this update failed. We'll retry it in a minute." and I can't cancel that to get a direct download.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

windows 10 is good, you're just holding it wrong

microsoft ❤ linux

especially the constant lotd-style excuses people make for win10

i really don't care about games anymore so idgaf about windows anymore either. i just know that when i had to help some relatives with win10 i wanted to throw it out of the window after 5 minutes and told them to buy a mac.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Video Nasty posted:

Since seeing what complete open-rear end garbage WinRT was after recently also seeing a completely updated Windows 8, I have decided that 10 is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
I've had wupdate disabled for months and don't have any issues except when Plex needs an update and tries to go to the Windows store then says
"looks like this update failed. We'll retry it in a minute." and I can't cancel that to get a direct download.

cutesy dialog boxes are terrible

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

they're called dialog boxes but it's not actually a dialog

"your program stopped working" is every bit as good as "oh gosh diddly-dang darn, your software had a probley-woblem and needed to close! I'm really sorry about that, I hope you have a nice day!"

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

honestly i'd prefer it a lot more if computer just told me to gently caress off and go away

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

honestly i'd prefer it a lot more if computer just told me to gently caress off and go away

gently caress off and go away

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

pram posted:

can you believe this operating system is such a piece of poo poo

windows now has virtual desktops and also you can use chrome without using 100% of your cpu so it's like linux only good

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
micro$oft winblows

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Olivil posted:

micro$oft winblows

ehem, micro$haft

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Olivil posted:

micro$oft winblows

this

Dongslayer. posted:

ehem, micro$haft

also this

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Win10 is 2 lovely operating systems in 1 if you installed the linux subsystem

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its doing the best it can ok please dont be mean to micro soft window

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol it's bad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's fine actually.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:wrong:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Windows 10 really is the latest and greatest version of Windows.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

indigi posted:

it's fine actually.

christ no

burning swine
May 26, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

Windows 10 really is the latest and greatest version of Windows.

I think you'll find the latest and greatest version of windows is Windows 7, friend.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they're both bad

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
somehow the legacy version of IE installed with Win10 is slightly more broken than the same version installed on Win7

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
what do computers have in common with air conditioned rooms??

well both of them will fail to work when you open windows!! i rest my case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
windows is ok and so is mac. linux is fine too

• Locked thread