Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

heck yeah, i was always partial to wgbh as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp0r_9J6b3w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Agile Vector posted:

that's the good one. i was trying to post it but couldn't remember the station.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rjmccall posted:

maybe rodtronics should stop burying its bong in the sand and spending billions on doomed ego projects like writing its name in hundred-foot letters in the alps and get back to building shareholder value

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

good on ya mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually that's given me a touch or inspiration. animate the compositing or something 🤔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

hell yea. love the rod. you could make a big flare when it gets to the end corner of the R

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
🤔 interesting

this is the first time the animation was largely driven in the compositor rather than rendered.. i did have a grand vision for it but :effort:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

smashing :five:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

noice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

what do i need to do to get a :chome: ?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

bruh this is fuckin sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now i just need a fivrr account so i can make like dozen dollars for a days work

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for not probating me for it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
node based composition by the way is the mother fuckin poo poo

blows lawyer photoshop style out of the water: i mean both are capable of exactly the same thing but as soon as the complexity rises above like one thing the nodes are so much clearer and more flexible. ue4 managed nodes a little bit better than blender but i probably wouldn't complain about blender if i didn't know better

what's next folks. god i just don't know. time
to re-watch the DVNO video and copy their ideas because i'm basically an ape and can't make original content for the life of me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

you're doing great work and i'd like to contribute. maybe something this weekend

suggestion: put sound to one of these things ala

Agile Vector posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
m
oh god don't encourage me to install ableton because at least someone appreciates my visual.. no one has ever liked my noises

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

echinopsis posted:

moving the focus point

this is totally Amiga in a good way

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
so pls tell me you're also using these pics on tinder, to attract the true quality matches

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao i havent used tinder in like 3 weeks

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

m
oh god don't encourage me to install ableton because at least someone appreciates my visual.. no one has ever liked my noises

i downloaded and sometimes listen to shaumber and defiled :unsmith:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

total ownage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

i downloaded and sometimes listen to shaumber and defiled :unsmith:

holy gently caress wow

quelfromage
Mar 31, 2013
e: wtf i never clicked post

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i got a weirdly nostalgic semi rn this is awesome

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for the positive feedback fellas ☺️

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who wants to help me with some maths

k

so i can ask the renderer to generate some coords of 1 to -1 across each x y z of the objects entire extents and it maps each to a r g b channel, hence the rgb outputs each range from -1 to 1

now i want to convert these into an single absolute distance from the centre of the object: was thinking ye olde pythag theorm, for my purposes i don't need the z so keep it 2d for simplicities sake

:

take absolute of each channel, square each, add, square root, should give me a 0-1 of the distance from the centre??

then i divide by a factor and add an offset and clamp the output to 0-1 so the actual 0-1 occurs in a narrow band within the object and then use a colour mapper object thing to map the 0-1 to a rainbow set of colours to create

a rainbow

and make a transparency map thing so that at the extreme ends of the band it's tansparent and this all goes into an emissive object so hopefully a narrow ring of colour is emitted

now i actually already tried this and it didn't work as i hoped. if anyone can spot the flaw or tell me my vector maths sucks and point out the correct way i would be like idk thankful or something

lol
in trying to make a rainbow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

have u tried roy g biv op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just occurred to me but does pyjathoris theron work with distances <1?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i was going through my old tech stuff and i thought of u echi

bryce is a 5 license pack hello home render farm

honestly i have ancient files somewhere with my clunky art and id like to see how crazy detailed i could render those with a computer 50 times better than my old k6

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
who is bryce

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

well sure.

does it work with a right triangle of sides 3mm, 4mm, 5mm?

ok what about a right triangle of sides 0.3cm, 0.4cm. 0.5cm?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

What an ab-surd question...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i just thought immediately that squares of numbers <1 would get smaller but didn't think through it lll

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i just thought immediately that squares of numbers <1 would get smaller but didn't think through it lll

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 18, 2017

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

an it that moves apparently

though tbh bryce was never the animation program that was poser and infinid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poser, or 'that app that made all those creepy plastic looking fetish comics in the early 2000s'

• Locked thread