Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So if the CODE caps are so bad, can you customize the same options on a regular WASD board and then add better caps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
What's the go to place to get the vortex caps?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Looks awesome. What keycaps / board is that? Love the green accents.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So I have a WASD CODE with MX Clears at work. I like it alot. I'd like to replace my Corsair keyboard at home now. What's the preferred keyboard vendor? Mechanicalkeyboards.com?

Also I'm thinking of going TKL - will be primarily for gaming and some typing. Been eyeing one of those Varmillos - is that a good place to start? And any opinions on the Varmillo switches? I'm a fan of tactile feedback so have really liked the clears at work though they might be too stiff for gaming?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I just picked up a Varmillo TKL. Despite also being MX Browns - it is a 100% better board than my Corsair gaming keyboard. Like - I am astounded at how nice this is to type on. These keycaps are incredible. Now I'm realizing just how wobbly the corsair keys were too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Can we talk about how amazing VIA is? https://caniusevia.com/

Like I was disappointed that I couldn't find any documentation on how to get it to recognize my keyboard, or how to program using it or really anything... not even a picture of the gui.
But then I just plugged in my keyboard, opened via and LOL it just loving works. Everything is pretty self explanatory so I guess there's really no need for that level of documentation.

What does it do? I don't understand