Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm an idiot for wanting the Mountain Everest keyboard right? I wanna TKL board when FPSing, but I often use TK when not playing games. And the modularity and hot swap switches got me real interested in finally giving my mouse hand some more room during FPS stuff.

I currently have my G710+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Neurosis posted:

I want the tactility tho. I hadn't heard of Kolalas I'll check them out, thanks.

I can't find any info on these.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Arzachel posted:

Looking at wireless mech keyboards, almost all of them use Bluetooth instead of a dedicated adapter. Are there any reliability issues/anything to look out for? Want to downsize from a Logitech G613 to something ~60% but I'm a bit suspicious even though I know the BT stack runs on the same signaling nowadays.

I miss dedicated adapters too. I hate trusting bluetooth. I'm surprised there aren't more RF based wireless mechanical keebs out there. Or at least RF/BT/USBC combos. I have loads of old hardware that don't have good (or any BT) and having a nice mechanical board to take to these machines would be awful nice. I'd love a hotswap 75% with RF/BT/USBC. For taking to random machines I have to service.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I just got this. And I'm pleasently surprised. It's purpose is to be the keyboard I keep at my work bench in the basement. And I don't think you could want more for a little toss around keeb for computer troubleshooting.

Wired USBC/Bluetooth/2.4ghz with a stowable transmitter. HOT SWAP 5PIN. And RGB that remembers what mode it was in last time you turned it off. Has all the keys I need for booting random computers into bios etc.

https://www.amazon.com/RK-ROYAL-KLUDGE-Connectable-Hot-Swappable/dp/B08M39K1Z5

It's pleasantly awesome. A little sad it doesn't come in black, but still very happy.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Durock T1/Holy Panda/Zealios V2 current tactile hot shits? Anything I'm forgetting?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Wizard of the Deep posted:

It's such a good profile. I finally got my Mountain Everest in yesterday (after ordering it in November), and typing on the OEM set was just rotten. Now I've got my Susuwatari set back on, it's a night & day difference.

What happens when you set your static light to white? My TKL and numpad don't really match when set to 255,255,255. I emailed support and they said it was normal.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is it common for PBT shine throughs to be orange/red tinted? I've tried Drop Skylight and Razor PBT sets as easy easily sourced shine through PBT caps but the tinting is a little disappointing.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

https://www.velocifiretech.com/product/sun20-pad/

I have the white Drop skylights and they def aren't tinted. So I'm gonna say no?

It's a slight tint. The PBT replacements are definitely warmer than the ABS caps that came with my keyboard. I tried to photo it. But it doesn't really show. I swear I heard something mention it when I was youtubing around for reviews.

Gotta say though, compared to the Razor PBT cap set, the Drops are impressively crisp with labels that are noticeably thicker as well. But I guess they better, since they're like double the price of the Razor set.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for good shine through PBT sets?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I actually put slightly lighter linears on the spacebar in my tactile keyboards.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Put together this today.

I wanted a keyboard for the racing simulator. Compact, backlit, BT, 2.4GHZ. Hot swap for easy maintenance and tailoring.

I grabbed an RK100. Threw some Glorious Pandas to try, and some Tai-Hao because the stock caps were the stupidest color considering it was BLUE BACKLIGHT ONLY and the caps weren't even shine through.

Before:

After:

A blue shine through set matches the blue LEDs much better. Shame the Tai Hao didn't have a R5 PGDN. But they have blanks for every row in the kit so it's no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

LionArcher posted:

I have watched two youtube videos that say this brand is pretty good, and I really like the style.

https://iqunix.store/collections/80-series/products/iqunix-l80-formula-typing-wireless-mechanical-keyboard?variant=32620690178108

Also look at Royal Kludge. They have lots of 3 mode (BT/Dongle/Wired) keyboards with hot swap. I have two of them.