Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Megalixir posted:

When did Leopold start making FC660Ms with unique PBT colorways in MX Clear? I liked my FC660M with MX Reds (now with GMK Plum) a lot, especially the silenced padding they use, so I ordered another.

Just spent way too much on the TKL version of this, also with MX clears. I've never had a fancy keyboard, so naturally my first one was a weirdly esoteric model I had to order from some dude in South Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hummer Driving human being posted:

It's time to get a real keyboard.

What's the goto Cherry Brown, non-gamer ten keyless? Everything has crazy LED lights and stuff I'm never going to use! I just want to type.

I was looking for the same thing and ended up getting a Leopold 750, though I've heard the Filcos are nice too. The Leopolds come in good color schemes.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

I don't know the situation now, but a lot of my leopold PBT keycaps snapped where the stem goes in just from typing and gaming. WASD/R/T/Y/J/K/L all did.

I've replaced them with the ducky ABS caps I had laying around and those have held up just fine. The ABS caps are shiny and get fingernail imprints sometimes, but they seem to hold up fine in the medium term.

Hm, that’s worrying. This thing is destined for work, so I guess I’ll see how it holds up.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

Fun Shoe
Leopold gang, silent reds instead of clears this time. I'm boring as hell but Leopolds still look nicer than most "fancier" keyboards imo