Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I've never had a mechanical keyboard before. I'm looking for a full-size backlit board with Browns or Clears (or -alikes). The Corsair K95 is well-recommended outside this thread and I like the macro keys, but it appears to have nonstandard key sizes, and I don't want to have to get a second keyboard if the customization bug hits me.

The WASD boards don't seem to have backlighting; the MK Fission seems OK but people complain about keys sticking and I'd ideally prefer RGB to white backlighting. It seems like the board I want is basically the most common, generic newbie board, but looking around, there are small differences that don't mean anything to me as a newcomer. What boards should I be focusing on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The F108 looks pretty nice. That's definitely on the short list now, thank you!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Framboise posted:

Noted! Why Amazon, specifically, though?

(Also if you've got any other recommendations I'm all ears)

If you have an issue with your keyboard and go to Keychron, they will essentially say "first of all, go gently caress yourself, you're not entitled to a working keyboard, and second, if you bother us again about this, we'll show up at your house and shove the keyboard up your rear end." If you bought it from Amazon, though, Amazon will just, y'know, replace it.