Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

Flashy oven mitts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

Here is a quick guide to making your stabilizers not suck so much.

1) Cut out some padding to go under. Bandaids work (hence the name). I'm using some silicone sheet I bought years ago.

2) Cut off those stupid thin feet.

3) Lube them bad boys up. I use "Super Lube" and it is indeed super. How much should you add? Impossible to say. That amount probably doesn't exist. Push it in to every crevice you can find and wipe off the stem when you're done if you want to be all neat about it.

4) Assemble the rest of your keyboard.

5) Enjoy it's special uniqueness.

6) Ask yourself why.

Nondescript Van fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 14, 2020

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

.Z. posted:

If nothing else, the greasing really should be done on any board.

Also I've run out of ideas of how to make my stabilizer keys (especially the spacebar) quieter.
They've been clipped, lubed and greased, band-aid modded, and heatshrinked. I've also added foam to the Backspace and Spacebar and the improvements are minimal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEsz9KvM8A

Any thoughts on what I could do? Re-do the lubing/greasing? More grease? More foam?

don't suppose you could take a pick of the stabilizers? Will they hold themselves up just from the lube like in my pic?

Really the only thing I can think of is that you didn't use enough or perhaps what you used is too thin. If the spacebar is uneven I imagine that the sides could bottom out and back up and so some resonance thing but that is 100% pure speculation I just pulled out of my rear end.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

https://kbdfans.com/products/coming...eyboard-diy-kit

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

This is pretty cool: https://nicekeyboards.com/products/nice-nano-v1-0

It's a drop in wireless replacement for a Pro Micro

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

If you really want the essence of the mkii I have a space pcb with a non working right column.

You can look at the pretty lights or something idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats

Anybody know what kind of ergo build this is?