Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I went looking for a TKL with dedicated volume control keys similar to the K70. While I found the K63, I was dismayed that its Ctrl/Super/Alt keys aren't all the same size, so I can't use any of my fancy keycap sets. Do I have any other options for a TKL with non-Fn-key-based volume control?

And on a separate note, a coworker picked up a Chinese "50g electrostatic capacitive" TKL keyboard - this is the same as a "Topre-like"? I loved the feel of his keyboard and so now I'm looking at something to replace this K60 using MX Blues. Should I go for a proper Topre, or are Topre-likes fine options in their own right? Any suggestions either way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
When can RealForce RGB boards be found for sale? Is it seasonal availability or what?

Actually, has anyone heard any more news on the Realforce RGB TKL that Topre apparently announced?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I know there’s fundamental differences between the two, but are there any MX switches that feel similar to Topre? I’m waiting for the Realforce RGB TKL to debut (sometime this year, hopefully) before I move on from my Corsair with Blues, but now I’m kinda curious if all of these MX-based boards that I’m ignoring might offer a passable electrocapacitive experience in one of the lesser-known MX colors.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I'm buying an Niz Plum EC keyboard with 35g switches. Can anyone weigh in on if 10g springs under each key might be a better/worse typing experience than replacing the silicone sheet with 45g domes?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
My Niz TKL with 35g switches arrived today. Ask me about upgrading it to 55g with a dome replacement to 45g and 10g springs under each key because MX Blues broke me :suicide: