Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I kickstarted a Das Keyboard 5Q two years ago and I've finally made peace with the fact that I'll either never get it or when it shows up it'll be basically unusable, and I'm really really tired of working on this $20 amazon membrane keyboard.

I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat and I love putting lights in everything, so I'm looking for a controllable LED keyboard, with either browns or blues. So far I'm seeing the Ducky Shine 6 and the Corsair K95 look like they fit my needs. What else is out there in the world of controllable RGB board that aren't awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

I kickstarted a Das Keyboard 5Q two years ago and I've finally made peace with the fact that I'll either never get it or when it shows up it'll be basically unusable, and I'm really really tired of working on this $20 amazon membrane keyboard.

I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat and I love putting lights in everything, so I'm looking for a controllable LED keyboard, with either browns or blues. So far I'm seeing the Ducky Shine 6 and the Corsair K95 look like they fit my needs. What else is out there in the world of controllable RGB board that aren't awful?

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

The GMMK is solidly not-awful, and in addition to several baked-in lighting modes and animations has per-switch RGB control with their fairly intuitive software. It can also hot-swap the switches without soldering in case you find yourself diving down the rabbit hole of MX-style switches mike sickler is the one who was promised and may he usher in a new kingdom under the novelkeys banner

:yeah:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Gateron blues. The clacking is a little bit "lighter"?? than I'd like, but that may be due to the keycaps being cheap chinese trash. Like the clickfeel is good, the noise is just a bit more high pitched than I'm used to from mechanical keyboards