Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I still don't understand why a company would go out of their way to build an ergo-focused split keyboard... but still keep the typical staggered layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I'm a ergodox user, and I happily use DSAs.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
PBT keycaps need to be sold at volume due to massively higher costs for molding. Even wholesale retailers like SP only can get very limited runs going — the demand is just exponentially less (and thus come with astronomical prices).

Your best bet are to harvest old keyboards that have PBT keycaps for ALPS stems. The Dell AT101 is one example that you can frequently find on eBay.