Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is the OP still updated on keyboard recommendations?

In February I purchased this hot mess: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FXF7HFC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's nice, pretty, colors look fine, and the perfect size with no giant hunks of poo poo circling it.

Unfortunately now it's starting to die on me. At first it was giving me chatter on some keys or outright missing keystrokes, After speaking with the seller he insisted that y keys were just dirty and I had to clean it. Even though the loving thing was pristine before and after spraying it with compressed air and putting keys back in, it kinda ran fine for a few days before giving me poo poo again, seller agreed to send me some free switches since mine somehow didn't come with any, generous guy gave me 5 [loving wow] and while I replaced most of the serious keys, I'm still suffering from the lovely ones with new issues popping up.

tl;dr I'm looking for a new keyboard to buy maybe at the end of this month that is similar to mine [Which I think is an 80%] I was considering the ROG Claymore but it seems to be sold out everywhere since it seems right up my alley and comes with the optional numpad part if I ever want it. Looking to pay like $150~ if that's not too little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

mewse posted:

That layout seems to be referred to as a 75%, 84-key layout. There seem to be a bunch of parts available to build a version called xd84.

As long as it's close as possible to being minimal I'm fine with.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

What's the appeal to using those tiny keyboards? Does not having F keys annoy anyone?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

what if i have those rings that silence tapping? am I being lazy then?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm a dumb idiot with no taste and bought a ROG Claymore because it was pretty cheap locally over paying online. It was about $200 including taxes in comparison to the $250 I've seen everywhere online.

The detachable NUMpad is pretty neat and the keys are actually more silent than my previous knockoff keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Detachable numpad sounds pretty interesting. Does it still function after detaching, e.g. like a separate macropad?

Nah it uses prongs to get power from the keyboard.