Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

TacticalHoodie posted:

I tried to stay positive about the GMMK Pro but there is too many issues for me to keep waiting out for that thing. Broken screws, 3rd party stab compatibility, a pc plate that pops switches out and the QMK issue is a deal breaker for me. Some of the other reviewers are showing rollover issues which is not going to work for me since I will be using them at home on the gaming pc setup.

I spent the extra money on a KBDFans Bella so I could actually use the Red Samurai keycaps without bottom row issues with the DuRock Eva-02 Linears. Weeaboo as gently caress but I am going to like it when it all put together.

What are the rollover issues with the GMMK Pro? I couldn't find anything in a search, but it would be an issue for me, too.

Whenever I'm looking at boards, I always end up nitpicking the layout. If I cancel my GMMK Pro, I might just go with a classic TKL layout, like the ID87v2. The Keychron C1 would have been perfect if it was programmable; apparently Keychron has "unnamed QMK keyboard (75%)" in the works, but that's probably a ways out. I'd be willing to overlook my layout nitpicks if anything was actually in-stock, which is pretty much the main reason I even considered the GMMK Pro in the first place. I wish I had some room to solder, it would certainly give me more options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU