Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I'm looking for a tenkeyless or 60% Keyboard that is available in ISO formats.
I like the recommendations in the op, however, I could only find the Vortex Race 3 in the ISO layout.

What kind of alternatives are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

LochNessMonster posted:

There are Pok3r iso’s too.

I don’t get the appeal of ISO layouts.

Yeah the poker too.
You will get the appeal when you have to type umlauts all the time.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Does anyone here have experiences with ergonomic split keyboards like the Matias Ergonomic Keyboard, the Mistel Barocco MD600 or the Ergodox?
Are they worth the extra money or did you switch back eventually?

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Trustworthy posted:

I'm currently deciding on my first mechanical keyboard, trying to balance my raw lust against my limited budget. So far the hardest part has been trying to convince myself that I don't absolutely need a keypad.

How do you weirdos even do it? What if you need to quickly tally up some receipts? Where do you bind all of your obscure dad simulator functions?

Weird idea, but don't buy a luxury object if you can't afford it?

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

The Postman posted:

I'll primarily use it at my desk at home for typing documents, occasional coding, and some gaming. From reading the thread, I think I want something tactile. Are those little switch testers a good idea before going all in on a keyboard?

Not really because you can't actually type on them.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

They're not that bad, are they? I've heard the retooled Browns are pretty good, at least.

Wait so they redid the Mx Brown design? Since when?

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

What's a good rubber dome keyboard? The recommendations in the op don't seem to be produced anymore?

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I really enjoy Matias lately, I think their clicky switches are much better then mx blues and they cost about the same.

Pumprag fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 26, 2018

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Not a big fan of open case design personally. Also, the key profile is completely flat. I sold mine.

Also, they insist on using pbt spacebars, which leads to units being shipped with a seriously deformed spacebar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

TheFluff posted:

I just said it a few posts ago but I'm going to say it again: Matias Quiet Click is very tactile, quite discreet (both in looks and in sound) and very good for office use. Quite stiff weighting too, at least compared to Cherry boards. It's not amazing like the Cold War Alps boards are, but it's still good. Miles better than any Cherry board, definitely.

I can also recommend Matias Switches if you like strong tactility. However, you should only buy a board if you're also getting a 1 year warranty, because Quiet Click switches had quality control issues in the past.