Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
every time i click on a thread in this subforum hoping to get some basic information like 'what keyboard should i buy' i discover a whole new subculture

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7SZ1WN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

is this going to be super loud?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D3BDN60/ref=psdc_12879431_t1_B01N7SZ1WN?th=1
would this be better for the price? the brown switches are more popular according to the OP but the linked one was also highly recommended.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I got that cooler master. Quite an upgrade from the DBpower mush rear end poo poo I've been using my whole life, I completely understand what seemed like crazy person detail orientation now

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Nondescript Van posted:

Did somebody say crazy person?

literally yesterday I would have thought you were nuts bbbbbbbuut now i'm intrigued. the only downside is sometimes the keyboard seems to register wayy too many letters and I'm not sure why and i can't get it to stop. hopefully this is a setting i can changeeeeee... this is either going to make me a much lighter-fffingeredd typist or very sad that I threw the box away lllready

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

64bit_Dophins posted:

So I'm a hoarder that has been coming to terms with my hoarding and I've been clearing out a lot of stuff.

I recently dug up an old ducky keyboard from 2011 that uses green alps switches that broke when I was moving a few years back.

The F6 key and the spacebar key broke off in the switch. I've searched everywhere for replacement keycaps for these switches but I haven't been able to find any.

Does anyone know where I can find some? I really only need a replacement spacebar because tbh I never use the F6 key (like most people I would imagine).

I seriously am having such a hard time sourcing replacement caps for green alps switches.

let it go, friend. you don't need a seven year old keyboard