Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
I think I'm going to build an Iris soon:

https://keeb.io/collections/keyboard-pcbs/products/iris-keyboard-split-ergonomic-keyboard?variant=2650673709086

I will however not have cool Space Cadet keycaps because the Round 7 GB is on hold :argh:
So I ordered some SA ortholinear caps from Signature Plastics to hold me over. I haven't used SA caps before, I've heard they tend to wobble on the stems. Is it much of a wobble? My current keyboard uses Alps switches, does anyone know how it would be compared to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Anyone got recommendations for where I can pick up non-OEM Matias keycaps? I think Matias Quiet Clicks are my favorite switches but it's a pain in the rear end finding keycaps for em. Don't need anything fancy colored or unique legends, just something in different profiles.

Those are Alps switches, alternative keycaps for them are less common than they are for Cherry switches. Pimpmykeyboard has one Alps set (https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-alps-matias-granite/). If you want something less pricey you can search around and there are Chinese-made ones that are cheaper (but less stylish in my opinion, and many of these will probably be the same profile as a Matias, based on the ones on my Tactile Pro). Finally, if you want a vintage vibe, some old Apple keyboards use Alps switches and will have compatible caps. I populated my Atreus with caps from an Apple IIgs.