Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Apologies if this isn't the right thread but I can't think of anywhere better to ask. I'm trying to make some more room on my desk so that I'll actually have room to write by moving my MIDI keyboard. What I'm trying to find is a keyboard tray that can swivel out so that I can put it off to the side of my desk and "turn" it towards me, like in the drawing below. I want the MIDI keyboard to sit under my desk roughly in about the same spot that it sits on top in the top part, and be able to move it to where it is in the bottom graphic. I've searched for "swiveling keyboard trays" online but this yields results that look like they function very differently from each other so I'm not sure which would suit my need without seeing it in person. Does anyone happen to know of something like what I'm talking about?

(sorry for the lovely MS paint graphic)

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I've been waiting for the K10 to come back in stock, but with all these comments on Keychron's lovely service maybe someone will know of an alternative.

I'm looking for something that is:
- Full-sized
- Both wireless and wired capable (preferably with multiple paired devices for the wireless mode)
- Hot-swappable

As far as the size goes, I'm willing to compromise and get one of the layouts where the numpad is squished together with the rest of the board, but I need a numpad of some sort. I could also live without it being hot-swappable but it would need to be available with some good blue switches.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

My Keychron K10 Pro came in today along with a set of Box Navies to put on it. I'm surprised how big of a difference that extra bit of actuation force makes over the Box Jades I've been using the last few months, can't really decide which I like better yet. I do like that Q12 Southpaw but need something wireless :smith:

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I don’t mean those two specifically. I mean that the company offers literally dozens of keyboards and I have no idea how to choose one and by all appearances the company is not really interested in helping me.

At least as far as the different series, there's:

C: Wired
K: Wireless
C Pro: Wired, QMK
K Pro: Wireless, QMK
Q: Wired, QMK, higher quality
Q Pro: Wireless, QMK, higher quality

I'm not sure what's special about the V series as they seem to be just more wired QMK boards, though.