Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The spacebar on my 15 year old $15 newegg special with windows XP logo windows keys finally broke after 10 years on the edge, so I went out and bought a G413 silver because I was looking for something cheap but mechanical. I used a red MX510 until the left button got too hard to press reliably 2 years ago, for reference as to how cheap I am with peripherals that do their jobs.

I love it so far, just the bee's knees after 15 years of that loving garbage. I learned how to type on Selectrics and this just feels so good compared to domes. Plus you can actually loving clean it, I like the open floorplan a lot.

I bought a true high-end computer before I joined the 21st century of keyboarding, and I'm pretty sure there's no going back on either at this point.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Anyone bought a Unicomp in the last year or so? How are they? My girlfriend bought me one for my birthday because I learned to type on Model Ms and typewriters and I just wanna get an idea of how much of a difference I'm in for compared to the old ones you could murder someone with.

I'm using a Logitech G413 right now, for reference.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I've been using the full-size New M my girlfriend bought me for my birthday for about a month now, and it has been a return to form for this aging nerd that learned to type on typewriters and Model M's.

So I bought new keys, I'm digging it so far but I'm sure I'll end up making it look like a Flying Circus monstrosity when all is said and done.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Screwed up the colors on the 1 and 4 on the tenkey but otherwise I have a lot of fun typing on that thing, it's covered in fiducials that make it fast to orient in low-light and stuff.