Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
I've had a Steelseries 7G at home for a few years, mostly for gaming with a bit of coding, but I'm looking to get something a bit nicer. I also have a Matias Tactile Pro which I use for coding at work which I really like, so I was considering the Matias Quiet Pro so I don't drive my wife crazy. I've also been looking at either the Filco Majestouch-2 or the Varmilo VA109M - any opinions as to which is nicer, or other boards I should think about? I don't care about backlighting and I'd prefer a 100% ISO UK layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

Fun Shoe

Instant Grat posted:

Any of y'all nerds know of a keyboard that fits the following criteria:

- TKL
- Blues
- No RGB poo poo
- Reasonable build quality
- Available shipped to Denmark for 1000 DKK or less (£~120/$~160 or so, Amazon UK is probably fine)
- Optionally, media keys
I can recommend the Matias Tactile Pro from The Keyboard Company, it uses a really nice clicky tactile switch which I like better than blues.
Alternatively, you could try some of the ones from MyKeyboard.
Leopold are a solid brand, around the top end of your range.

Naar fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 3, 2017

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've heard that the Wooting One is quite rattly to type on, and there's a lot of ping from the switches' springs. No personal experience, though, and they might have fixed it for the Wooting Two (or it might not even bother you).

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

Fun Shoe

BurritoJustice posted:

Could you elaborate on the ping? I read that it can be fixed partially by oiling the springs, which I'd not be too stressed to do. I hope the frame isn't rattly though, I do like how sturdy my Blackwidow is.
This dude was complaining about it and some comments I read from the manufacturer on Reddit basically said, "Yep, it's due to the switch design, Flaretech need to sort it out."

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

Fun Shoe
Good news, you can! KB Paradise sell boards with Matias switches, e.g. here in the UK or here for the US. You can also get switches directly from Matias AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

Fun Shoe
Clears are fine for gaming IMO, I've used them for the best part of a year with no problems.