Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frailimbnursry
Feb 14, 2004
my roommate touches me
I'm currently in the market for my first mechanical keyboard. I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to narrow it down to the following:

MK Fission (PBT keycaps / Brown Cherry MX)
Ducky Shine 6 (PBT keycaps / Brown Cherry MX)

Is the difference between build and feel negligible enough that it comes down to whether or not I would like RGB key lighting? Is there any tangible benefit to RGB lighting other than to match the lighting on my gaming mouse, my gaming case/fans, and my gaming GPU? I'm leaning toward the MK Fission as I think I would prefer simple white lighting.

I would ideally replace the keycaps at some point down the road with some of the sets that have been posted here but it looks as though both boards would allow me to do that very easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU